In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I sure am glad Global Warming is a myth

2»

Comments

• Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    You'd think in this great country one could find a better hobby that crying henny penny about the man-made global warming myth.

How about model airplane building, or maybe gardening, perhaps even painting (Homebrew beer is my favorite); The point is not WHAT hobby you find, but that the hobby will allow you a PRODUCTIVE outlet for ones wandering mind.

Making up stuff is good, it's FUN - and healthy! But at least come up with an original idea!
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IAMAHUSKER
    What happened to Rack Ops?? You wanted proof and you have it. Comments??

I went to bed....I'm awake now

This is about to get fun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187

Want a definition of fully replinished? How about doubled in size? would that qualify?

N_200802_extn.png

Did you happen to look at the time of year that the picture was taken?

The 1979 image was taken in September at the end of the melting season (when the pole is tilted towards the the sun)

The 2008 image was taken in February which is towards the end of the the freezing season (when the pole is tilted away from the sun)

Congratulations, you discovered that the sun melts ice.

Since you want to compare 1979 with 2008, I'd suggest looking at the ice extent in Feb 1979 and Feb 2008. Since I don't feel like going through the hassle of uploading the images to my photobucket account, I'll just tell you the numbers. Feel free to check my numbers.

Feb 1979: 16.3 million sq km
    Feb 2008: 15.0 million sq km
  • Options
    IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So you have no comment on the recent picture, pulled from the same site you used, to prove your stance wrong?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So what you are saying is when it is summer up there ice melts and, when it is winter the ice returns?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So what you are saying is when it is summer up there ice melts and, when it is winter the ice returns?

Yeah, pretty shocking stuff, huh?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SO you could say that the melting of ice is in a normal cycle of things??
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Global warming is bogus, only an attempt to bring us down from Super Power status by the Euros and Asians by regulating and restricting our manufacturing and bringing down our way of life to the miserable exsistance of their own.
    12-15 years ago there were documenteries screaming and warning us of the soon to come new ice age, WTH happened with that?? [xx(].

...Your local and National Meteorolgist CANNOT do an ACCURATE weather
    forcast for more than 48 hours out, yet some want you to believe they can forcast out the next hundred years or more with computer models that are cheesey at best at this point in time, BS...[xx(]

gore-1.gif

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Did you happen to look at the time of year that the picture was taken?

The 1979 image was taken in September at the end of the melting season (when the pole is tilted towards the the sun)

The 2008 image was taken in February which is towards the end of the the freezing season (when the pole is tilted away from the sun)

Congratulations, you discovered that the sun melts ice.

Since you want to compare 1979 with 2008, I'd suggest looking at the ice extent in Feb 1979 and Feb 2008. Since I don't feel like going through the hassle of uploading the images to my photobucket account, I'll just tell you the numbers. Feel free to check my numbers.

Feb 1979: 16.3 million sq km
    Feb 2008: 15.0 million sq km

Feb 2008 15.0
    Feb 2007 14.5
    Feb 2006 14.4

That sure looks like an increase each year to me...

Oh nevermind, you're right the sky is falling, take cover!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And the return of ice would also then be in the normal cycle of things??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, this is a stupid argument. The simple fact that they say the earth is millions and millions of years old but yet, want to draw a scientific conclusion based on the last 100 years of recorded weather data, is beyond ignorant. Sheep to the slaughter.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They can take all the snow in my yard and use it to replace what has melted off the Ice bergs.[:(!]

Trinity +++
  • Options
    edited November -1

Feb 2008 15.0
    Feb 2007 14.5
    Feb 2006 14.4

Oh, a three year timeframe....how daring!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, this is a stupid argument. The simple fact that they say the earth is millions and millions of years old but yet, want to draw a scientific conclusion based on the last 100 years of recorded weather data, is beyond ignorant. Sheep to the slaughter.

Actually, there is ice core data going back several hundred thousand years....

In theory, there should be ice data out there approaching one million years old.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

Feb 2008 15.0
    Feb 2007 14.5
    Feb 2006 14.4

Oh, a three year timeframe....how daring!

Like I said...it's going to be fun watching you guys back peddle your way out of this one...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    From the National Snow and Ice Data Center

25 March 2008
    "Antarctic Ice Shelf Disintegration Underscores a Warming World"

Golly lets see, its been winter up north so, that means its been summer down south?? Go figure, theres that normal cycle thing happening again. Warm = ice melts cold = Ice refreezes
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

Like I said...it's going to be fun watching you guys back peddle your way out of this one...

Maybe, but for right now its pretty damn funny watching you worm your way through this debate.

You've been called out specifically several times in this thread and offered no response......Yet somehow it only took two minutes for you to jump back in when bhale added the Feb '08 image.

I know you know how to post pictures, that damn elephant is the size of Godzilla on my screen.
  • Options
    edited November -1

25 March 2008

Golly lets see, its been winter up north so, that means its been summer down south?? Go figure, theres that normal cycle thing happening again. Warm = ice melts cold = Ice refreezes

This is about as intellectually stimulating as the Chewbacca defense....[:)]

The whole point is that (over time) the ice is melting a little more and freezing a little less....
  • Options
    edited November -1

Maybe, but for right now its pretty damn funny watching you worm your way through this debate.

You've been called out specifically several times in this thread and offered no response......Yet somehow it only took two minutes for you to jump back in when bhale added the Feb '08 image.

I know you know how to post pictures, that damn elephant is the size of Godzilla on my screen.

IMO, I've already won this debate with you on several occasions. I don't feel any real need to jump back in when everyone else is handling it just fine...
  • Options
    edited November -1

25 March 2008

This is about as intellectually stimulating as the Chewbacca defense....[:)]

The whole point is that (over time) the ice is melting a little more and freezing a little less....

Not according to the numbers and statistics you've been presented with...on several occasions.
  • Options
    edited November -1

IMO, I've already won this debate with you on several occasions. I don't feel any real need to jump back in when everyone else is handling it just fine...

That's funny right there....

It looked to me like you didn't "feel a need" to jump back in until someone made your point for you.

As to you winning "several" debates with me already, thats news to me.....I'd love to see some examples
  • Options
    edited November -1

That's funny right there....

It looked to me like you didn't "feel a need" to jump back in until someone made your point for you.

As to you winning "several" debates with me already, thats news to me.....I'd love to see some examples

...'bout like I'd like to see some real proof for global warming...that's OK, I'm sure the Algorites will now claim that global warming is the cause of the global cooling cycle we are now moving into.[;)][:)]
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...It's junk science. NO computer model being used today to arrive at the "Global Warming" idea is worth a damn; maybe in a few years a better program/model will be developed, but for now...the models are not accurate and are flawed.

...Gore and his Euro trash buddy he's in business with selling "Carbon Credits" ([:D]) should be investigated for fraud and running a major scam, Gore and his buddy are crooks plain and simple.

...Buy a few "Carbon Credits" from Gore's Co...and then one feels better because Gore's Co...plants a tree for you....you don't have to cut back on your so called "carbon footprint/pollution"...you just feel better about your pollution because a tree was planted in your name...what a deal! Pollute all you want...but you can "pay" to feel better about it....the LIBERAL way...the "feel good" thing...woo-hoo!!...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1

...'bout like I'd like to see some real proof for global warming...

Again, when challanged, you waffle. You're making this way too easy. I hope you debate gun rights better than this

that's OK, I'm sure the Algorites will now claim that global warming is the cause of the global cooling cycle we are now moving into.[;)][:)]

The only person I've seen making the case for global cooling is you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've got to go to work now. I'll be back tonight.

[:)]
  • Options
    tacking1tacking1 Member Posts: 3,844
    edited November -1
    hey mebee they will make a movie about it...Dougie, pass me the remote
  • Options
    sabb0007sabb0007 Member Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it possible that humans have an affect on the environment, either in the past or in the future? If it is possible, then do you think that it might be better for us to leave a smaller footprint on this earth? Or continue with what we are doing? Should we do away with all pollution and environmental protection laws, because we have no affect on the environment.
  • Options
    BerettafanBerettafan Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At the risk of making enemies, the Global Warming myth has been debunked over and over. That is probably the only thing that Gore could take significant credit for inventing (unlike the internet). I do have to thank the person who brought up Gore's crediting system-fraudulent and alike to the rest of this malarkey. Changes occur, and re occur, and so on and so forth. Take a look at global temperatures, and you will find, in majority, that for the last several years, the winters have been colder, as have the summers. According to Gore, we should be experiencing very mild winters and hot summers. Really? I'm still waiting for them...
    and waiting...
    and waiting...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sabb0007
    Is it possible that humans have an affect on the environment, either in the past or in the future? If it is possible, then do you think that it might be better for us to leave a smaller footprint on this earth? Or continue with what we are doing? Should we do away with all pollution and environmental protection laws, because we have no affect on the environment.

...I say, continue with what we are doing...not to mention we need to start tapping into our own natural resources.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Berettafan
    At the risk of making enemies, the Global Warming myth has been debunked over and over.

You're not going to make enemies, at least not from my point of view. Some people take this place pretty seriously, I don't.

quote:Originally posted by Berettafan

Take a look at global temperatures, and you will find, in majority, that for the last several years, the winters have been colder, as have the summers.

giss_temperature_532.gif
    source: NASA GISS

The winters haven't been colder on average. The exception to that is this winter which, according to NASA, was the coldest in 5 years.

Last summer tied for the 2nd warmest in a century.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Here in OryGun, it has been the coldest winter since 1953.

Doug
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Here in OryGun, it has been the coldest winter since 1953.

Doug

I guess thats why its not called "OryGun Warming"
    [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by eboydell
    Rack...throw "Navy Seals" away before someone sees you watching it!

The poles will be "replenished" before you catch me watching that flick [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found the March image, if anyones interested.

n_extn.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found the March image, if anyones interested.

n_extn.png

So the increase continues...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    *sigh*

You'll grasp for any straw you can find, won't you?

Yes, the increase continues.....March is the final month of the freezing season.

This month, it'll be less....April is the first month of the melting season. It'll continue shrinking until September, when it'll start freezing again.

Whatever else global warming may cause, it doesn't change the tilt of the earth
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Earth has been warming for quite a few years than the 'scientists' have been tracking. I'm glad we have global warming/climate change, because I would hate to live in an ice cave...
  • Options
    PaganPagan Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's the problem? Raising ocean levels just mean the Cubans will need their boats again to escape Miami and, I won't have to leave Orlando to go to the beach.