In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Grave To Dig This Morning

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,412 ******
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Well, it was a very very long night here at my house.

Went to bed quite early and was just getting started in my slumber when my dear old friend and longtime companion Bessy the Bassett Hound woke me up with the loud sound of thumping. This was at about 10:30 last night.

She had tried to get up out of her doggie bed, but only her front legs would move and she just flopped around until I got up and gave her support.

My young 2 year old Golden Retriever took my place in bed just over my shoulders where he remained a very saddened observer for a vigil that went on until just past midnight.

For just over 13 years, Bessy had been a big part of our family, from a 6 week old puppy until her passing this morning.

I put her in one of those portable wagons, covered with a blanket and rolled her outside to the covered front porch deck.

It is raining pretty hard so my dreaded chore will linger until things clear up.[:(][V]

Comments