In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

THE $400 Question- SIG or GLOCK ??-Update

2»

Comments

• TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drjew
    If you don't want the weight, get the GLOCK. If you like the weight, get the SIG.Gock G19 loaded weight is 29.98 oz.

I don't know the SIG P225's loaded weight, but empty they come in at 26.1 oz. and carry 8 rounds.

I'd say weight difference isn't a huge consideration here.
  • breakerdanbreakerdan Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SIG!

Glocks IMHO are the worst designed guns ever made. Pistols should not
    point skyward when you hold them horizontally! But glocks do.
  • JesseLeeJesseLee Member Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the Glock, you can buy the 225 for a whole lot less. These are surplus weapons, great gun, but 400 is abit much for them when whole sale is around 229 to 259 depending on who the disributor. Glocks are generally 440 for cost. Soooo the glock is the better deal. Hands Down
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    +1 on getting the Glock. It's a G19 the most popular model.

Both guns are used, so there is a slight posibility something could be wrong with either one.

I KNOW what Glock will do, repair it for free with a fast turnaround.

What would SIG do? (I don't know, just asking the question.)

Plus, Glock parts and mags are low priced and easily obtained.

Did I say GET THE GLOCK?????

• redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sig is junk!!! sig is sig-sewer!! stay away from them!!!
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    If it was a Sig 226 I'd say get it. But the ammo capacity would be the deciding factor for me. If it has to be between those two guns get the Glock.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $400 is a bit steep for a 225. If you're budgeted to drop that much anyhow, make an offer and spend the money you save on ammo.

The SIG is the more accurate and better constructed of the two.

I'm not speaking based upon just my gun. I've dealt with a large number of a wide variety of makes on the range over the years and have dealt with a large number of SIG's in particular the past 8-9 years. Stoppages or parts breakage are basically unheard of with these.

To give you an idea, during the most recent go-round I saw zero malfunctions out of 50 SIG 226/229's. One of the few Glocks on the line this time was a G19 and it experienced a failure to feed using Winchester factory fresh ammo.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Neither! For that price. I would find a 226. Or spend another $200 and get you a nice Browning hp[;)]
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    [;)][;)]SG- The name of this thread is FOURHUNDREDDOLLARS[;)]
    edited November -1
    T- Maybe I need to tell the whole story. At Christmas I Gave my daughter my almost NIB Sig P225. Its an 8shot single stack. I personally prefer single stack guns. Doubles feel a little too fat. I have a Brn Hp-226-Beretta 92 And a Compact 92. When I gave it to the youngen I immediately missed it. I saw the used 225 David had and was getting ready to buy it but he had just purchased Glock 19 from a customer. Said the law is he must wait one week before he can resell the item. I had never payed much attention to Glocks because of my dislike for plastic. The gun felt good. Not as fat as other double stacks. I set a $400 limit on the purchase because I am unemployed at the moment and Have to watch my pennies. I got a flyer from Gradys in Anderson Friday. They are having a sale on used 225's PLUS they have PRIMERS. Its about a hundred miles from Augusta so I plan to ride up there today. Thanks for the offer. Will keep in mind
  • redfishbobredfishbob Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The p225 is not a surplus gun,the p6 is the surplus.I own both,both are fine carry guns but $400.00 for a p6 is to much. $325.00 is within reason.I replace the hammer,did a trigger job and duracoated it in OD and black.I know it's still a $325.00 gun but it sure is sweet.
    edited November -1
    I know Bob. I paid app $600 for my 225 back in 02 from Grady's. Daughters stepson got caught in the middle of a drive by a Thanksgiving. She got a little scared and wanted a little more firepower than her Model48 S&W. She got in my stuff and put her hnd on the Sig. She said, "DADDY". And you know the 'rest of the story'
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Iam sorry,I get carried away sometimes[:D]In that case, get the SIG.quote:Originally posted by footlong
    [;)][;)]SG- The name of this thread is FOURHUNDREDDOLLARS[;)]
  • redfishbobredfishbob Member Posts: 1,434 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Footlong,I wasn't addressing you about the p225.You knew the difference.That JesseLee cat called a p225 surplus.Folks who don't know should not comment.No offence meant.
    edited November -1
    No problem Sg or any of you.Sometimes I get choked on MY 10D