In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where is Gunbroker?

pcnpcn Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Why am I getting email notifications from other boards about rallying the troops against coming legislation, but I have yet to receive anything from Gunbroker? Does Gunbroker think they don't have a dog in this fight? I don't even shop or participate on those other boards, yet they seem to want to be active. Why the silence over here???

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My take would be they are doing business, and leaving the lobbying and fund raising to groups who do that. I have never been hit up by Gunbroker to donate money or support any political cause. Perhaps they give us credit for acting in our own self interest.

No other board or gun auction I am registered on has sent me anything either.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Other sites have sent me info about sending emails to our reps and giving info about what Feinstein is pushing for but no one wants to listen. It's the old bury your head in the sand syndrome.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, strange he haant received any, theres only a couple major sites and all have contacted me. Except GB. I dont understand the lack of any sense of urgency.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    You ahve been a member of the forum for nearly two years, have a grand total of four posts to show as participation and you are now the self appointed watch dog? There is a GB newsletter that goes out but when this thing first came out it was not greeted with rave reviews; instead people were asking "Why am I getting this"?, "I don't want to be on a GB e-mail list" and "How do I make it stop"? I never figured out how to stop it so it goes straight into my SPAM folder.

The only e-mail contacts that I ever want to see from GB HQ are those which say:

Your item has sold.
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see the discussion board as a contribution to rallying the troops against coming legislation.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hope you are right.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To Mark, thats the attitude that got us, as a country, into this mess.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    pcn; Really? When did Mark get elected to congress?( The way we got into this mess)
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pcn

Somebody's gonna get schooled......Hehehe[}:)]
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    You joined, used Gun Broker to answer a singe question:
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=499941
    never again participated in this forum again in any way, shape, or form until today, and you feel you are in a position to lecture Gun Broker on why they have not been in contact with you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If your life is incomplete without hearing from GB on a regular basis just go to the Gun Broker Home Page, look on the left column where it says connect with us, click the icon for newsletter and you will go to a new page where you can sign up. You will also have the option of receiving other promotional offers by Email...And who would not jump at the chance to receive those [;)]

The fact that GB somehow missed your single thread/post from two years ago from amongst 75,000 members and then neglected to keep in contact with you is truly a huge oversight.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Also go to Gunbroker home page and in the lower left hand corner there is a list of 3 partners:
    National shooting sports foundation
    NRA
    National Shooting Sports team

You can, as a concerned gun owner, join one of Gunbrokers Partners, either the NSSF or NRA and get all the notifications you could ever read.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We will be meeting with the people in the know at SHOT Show in a few weeks. I'm sure that we will be part of the message that the industry sends out. You have to remember though that we started GunBroker in the middle of the Clinton AWB
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    funny-pictures-raccoon-recommends-your-house.jpg

[;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply Capt Fun.

Mark, You may have misunderstand my intial post. The title was "Where is Gunbroker?" It wasnt an attack on you or anyone else. Yes, I only have have a few posts here. One thing I have learned, however, is that a high post count on the internet means nothing. It doesnt indicate experience, knowledge, or intelligence. Sometimes it only indicates extra time. I will go back and scan your posts for any "call to action" that you have made and once I find it I will come back and publicly apologize to you. Until then, you can contimue to shoot the messenger (questioner), this is, me of little post count.

quote:Originally posted by mark christian

The fact that GB somehow missed your single thread/post from two years ago from amongst 75,000 members and then neglected to keep in contact with you is truly a huge oversight.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gesshots
    funny-pictures-raccoon-recommends-your-house.jpg

[;)][:D]

[^][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

I only have have a few posts here. One thing I have learned, however, is that a high post count on the internet means nothing. It doesnt indicate experience, knowledge, or intelligence. Sometimes it only indicates extra time. I will go back and scan your posts for any "call to action" that you have made

You could not find time to participate in this forum over the past two years but now you will find the time to look over 200+ pages of my posts made on Gun Broker over the past decade?

Enjoy them!

Here is one from last week:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=582706

The only way it will happen is of the gun grabbers try for a Japan type ban on virtually all firearms...But our opponents are too smart for that. The actual numbers of gun owners who have military style semi autos remains very small and our enemies learned long ago that chipping away; one group of firearms at a time, gets them the results that they crave. The days of screaming for a total ban on handguns got them no where but arguing about the actual need for a 15 shot magazine or the so called plastic pistols gets them traction from those who are open to so called sensible gun control. "So you can't own a Glock...There are still plenty of other handguns out there that you can buy". Thinking like that is just what our enemies want. Demanding an end to all semi autos is of course something else that they what but it is far easier to attack the AR-15 rather than the Browning BAR hunting rifles.

I'd rather go down swinging than make any compromises because once we give up on one group of guns they will simply come after another and another and another until there are no guns left. When our opponents tell us that they don't want to ban all guns, they only want to ban those which are the most prone to criminal use, they are lying through their teeth.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I believe you miss-read his post.
    This is how I read it.

There is a GB newsletter that goes out but when this thing first came out it was not greeted with rave reviews; instead people were asking "Why am I getting this"?, "I don't want to be on a GB e-mail list" and "How do I make it stop"? I never figured out how to stop it so it goes straight into my SPAM folder.

:these same said people comment:
    The only e-mail contacts that I ever want to see from GB HQ are those which say:

Your item has sold.
  • Options
    rhythm_guyrhythm_guy Member Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Mark's point is that lots of folks that DO participate in the forums have been all over this for quite a while now. And just because we haven't been flooded with email from gb doesn't mean they are sitting idly by. While I appreciate the concern for the subject, all the rest of this is not necessary. As stated over and over here and elsewhere, we have to present a united message.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Asphalt cowboy and rhythm guy, I see your points and they are good. I really don't know what has been said on this board, and I wasn't trying to impugn its members, or accuse them of being complacent. I was coming here to ask about Gunbroker, the business side. I am sure there are many more like me who participate in buying and selling on GB but who do not come to the boards. Someone getting excited or defensive about their board postings is a little to me like being excited about preaching to the choir. Sure, they're talking to other like minded people, but what about the rest of the GB community?
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

oh no he didn't!

ibtl
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Mark, You may have misunderstand my intial post. The title was "Where is Gunbroker?" It wasnt an attack on you or anyone else. Yes, I only have have a few posts here. One thing I have learned, however, is that a high post count on the internet means nothing. It doesnt indicate experience, knowledge, or intelligence. Sometimes it only indicates extra time. I will go back and scan your posts for any "call to action" that you have made and once I find it I will come back and publicly apologize to you. Until then, you can contimue to shoot the messenger (questioner), this is, me of little post count.

Okay so post count is meaningless but it shows at least I participated while you with all your infinite wisdom has sat by and watched. Even if I was wrong half the time that's some 9000 + posts where I was right or was able to help someone out with what I had to say. If everyone sat there and posted 6 times in 5 years this forum would cease to exist. I consider almost everyone here to be one of my brothers, just don't hit me up for any money. Your actually part of the problem.

• Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    This Is Getting Good Stay tuned For Part 2
    Of,,,,,,,,,,, As GbTurns [:o)]
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

PCN, you would be wise to heed just about anything Mark has to say. He has the post count he does for a reason. The same is true for a lot of members here that have a high post count. You, to this point, have brought nothing to the table that resembles anything close to intelligent conversation.

Your attitude so far will draw a lot of fire here, and rightfully so. Grab a pair of kneepads. You'll be ducking down a lot.[;)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,061 ******
    edited November -1
    OMG,will he be O.K.????
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dang the guy just asked a question. I guess the spankin paddle is out tonight.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JasonV

It wasn't just one question he asked it was the way he asked it.[;)]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great now it will be gunbrokers fault if anything does pass [V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...who are you and where did you come from ???[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    PCN
    Guess you better just lay low for a while. These guys never miss a chance to gang up on anyone they consider weaker. Look at how they talk to JOE"S CUSTOM GUNS. Poor old Joe is 75 years old, don't spell very well and has very little experience with a computer and they put him down every chance they get. Was reading on another forum that Joes health is very bad but he is still trying to work. I admire a man such as that.
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

It wasn't just one question he asked it was the way he asked it.[;)]

+1.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    GashaulerGashauler Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I learned a long time ago that there are several people on here, and by several I mean most, that I just do not question. They are smarter than me and if not necessarily smarter more knowledgeable, and way more eloquent than I am. So I just sit back and pay attention and that way I learn more.

The last time I saw someone call Mark on the carpet it was over before it started. I believe he was challenged about having "assault" weapons in CA and Mark promptly whipped out the pictures. I wish I could remember the thread name.

My point here has already been stated by others, I don't believe it was the question so much as it was the way it was posed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Even my ego is not so large to imagine that there are those in this forum sitting by waiting for the go ahead from me to begin fighting for their gun rights! However, if some of you won't get off your duffs and do something about gun rights unless Mark Christian tells you to do it then I urge you to write (no e-mails or phone calls) your Senators and Congress persons and NOT to accept any compromises. Compromises are nothing but a win for our enemies and a loss for us so don't be fooled by talk of reasonable gun control.

I don't know how my new found friend is doing plowing through those 207 pages of my posts but there is some interesting reading in there on subjects ranging from a kidnapping attempt on me in Albania, my hanging out with narcotics traffickers and the Bulgarian Mafia while in the Balkans (I don't deal in drugs but did you know that Turkish opium poppies make superior heroin?)) plus my many adventures in Central America and Europe. Heck, he might even learn a thing or two about the M1 Rifle while he is in the MC archives [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    Seriously though....Where is Gun Broker?

A corp that races a gun truck on a national scale.

What better way to politic The 2nd ?

Gun Broker is out front in such IMO.

Launching the attack before the threat has fully materialized is a waste of resources. Take a deep breath. We are on it.
  • Options
    countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Even my ego is not so large to imagine that there are those in this forum sitting by waiting for the go ahead from me to begin fighting for their gun rights! However, if some of you won't get off your duffs and do something about gun rights unless Mark Christian tells you to do it then I urge you to write (no e-mails or phone calls) your Senators and Congress persons and NOT to accept any compromises. Compromises are nothing but a win for our enemies and a loss for us so don't be fooled by talk of reasonable gun control.

I don't know how my new found friend is doing plowing through those 207 pages of my posts but there is some interesting reading in there on subjects ranging from a kidnapping attempt on me in Albania, my hanging out with narcotics traffickers and the Bulgarian Mafia while in the Balkans (I don't deal in drugs but did you know that Turkish opium poppies make superior heroin?)) plus my many adventures in Central America and Europe. Heck, he might even learn a thing or two about the M1 Rifle while he is in the MC archives [;)]

I didn't know Mark knew anything about M1 Garands, learn something new on here [:D]
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I receive GunBroker's newsletter every time it's e-mailed, no problem.

I've been recently contacted twice by the NRA, asking for my much-needed gift of $100 - $200 to help in the fight, in exchange for which they will bestow upon me their new all-purpose combo knife.

I wonder how much contribution money they sent to the company in China that manufactures all-purpose combo knives.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't agree CaptFun.
    A good commander will use the element of surprise and strike first and strike hard with every thing he has. If you wait until the enemy is on top of you It's too late.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    I don't agree CaptFun.
    A good commander will use the element of surprise and strike first and strike hard with every thing he has. If you wait until the enemy is on top of you It's too late.

I do not disagree, however I also will not discuss tactics at the local watering hole in the hours before the battle.... [8D]

When its time to rally the troops, I'll let you know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Won't need to let me know Captain. I'm not a follower. I lead.[:)]