In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where is Gunbroker?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I gotta say, this thread is a first for me.

I've never seen anyone complain that there isn't enough spam in the world.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    PCN
    Guess you better just lay low for a while. These guys never miss a chance to gang up on anyone they consider weaker. Look at how they talk to JOE"S CUSTOM GUNS. Poor old Joe is 75 years old, don't spell very well and has very little experience with a computer and they put him down every chance they get. Was reading on another forum that Joes health is very bad but he is still trying to work. I admire a man such as that.

You must have missed a few threads, one in particular I took Joe's side , I defended what I saw as a guy getting bullied, Joe jumped all over my * as well

I still like the guy, and understand him, he is not as innocent as perceived
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    l think GB should have a NFL team. Call em the GunBroker "Bullets". [^]
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    I'm here just for the post count
    [:D]

I'm with Dennis[8D]
  • Options
    pcnpcn Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    PCN
    Guess you better just lay low for a while. These guys never miss a chance to gang up on anyone they consider weaker. Look at how they talk to JOE"S CUSTOM GUNS. Poor old Joe is 75 years old, don't spell very well and has very little experience with a computer and they put him down every chance they get. Was reading on another forum that Joes health is very bad but he is still trying to work. I admire a man such as that.

Thanks Rosie. I've got pretty thick skin. Yes, the way I asked the question could have been more sensitive. I apologize to those here with sensitive feelings. I am disappointed that no one corrected me though. I really did hope that there was something from GB that I had missed. The nice reply from the admin did state that something was coming soon. But the facts that lead to my question are still the same.

{elsewhere}, GunAuction, and the NRA have all sent me emails asking me to contact my elected officials, and even included contact information.
    GunBroker has not. Yet. And I hope that changes.

Sitting here on a forum preaching to each other is lot different than rallying ALL the troops of GB. I imagine that the entire GB voting block is substantially larger than the limited number who participate on the forums. The public in general is lazy. Spoon feeding them the contact info for their elected officials might be necessary to get the turn out and inertia that this issue requires.

That was my main point, convoluted as it may have been, and clouded by my disappointment in the only auction site that I actually do business on.
  • Options
    toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Some people like me are not eloquent speakers, cannot put down in words what we really mean sometimes and have bad grammar. Some questions by people may be misconstrued as arrogant or hateful and not meant to be that way. I took no ill feelings or bad mouthing from pcn's post. I have been a member on this forum since March 2003 and am still a senior member. Does this status somehow make me less knowledgeable and wise as a posting junkie is? We need to quit throat slashing people on this forum and be a little nicer. Hatefullness sometimes can be eloquently stated.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Just what do you expect to see PCN? Redundancy?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain