In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trump sure has started a firestorm,....

Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Politics
with this temporary immigration ban from select countries. I have been seeing crying Governors, Mayors, Congress members, and what seems like every world leader short of PM May from the UK.

What is it that makes us the only nation in the world that it seems should not have any immigration laws, or change things temporarily out of good sense?
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a good start. The little sniffers can cry all they want. It is COMMON SENSE for a change. IMO
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:What is it that makes us the only nation in the world that it seems should not have any immigration laws, or change things temporarily out of good sense?

liberals, one will be along shortly to explain their point of view, you know the only one that counts
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it absolutely AMAZES me how many demand we take in and pay for the rest of the world.....with no concept of or knowlege of their history ....NO....i wonder if these bleedin hearts would each sign a legally binding document assuming legal, financial, and criminal responsibility for one immigrant to be allowed to live in their personal home with them.....
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am sad our congress let it get to the point where Trump's action is the only logical choice left in dealing with the immigration/refugee/illegal disaster. A disaster created by Congress and left busted by Congress so they can continue to run their Elite Elected corrupt empires on both sides of the isle.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I for one am LOVING the new Whitehouse occupant in charge.

Those left on the hill are whizzin' in their depends. [:D]
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So glad Trump had the know how to stop the madness. The President has taken a stand to keep problematic folk out. Let these folk go elsewhere. The people that dont like it can leave as well...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their crap hole countries can stay that way. Don't be bringing it here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now... when their crap hole countries need help... Yeah right...
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suck it up buttercup.
  • Options
    brewer12345brewer12345 Member Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    I think it is high time we had something approach actual border control. That said, the exec order might have been a tad broad and messy. Telling permanent residents with a green card and a job working for, say, Google that they are screwed and can't come home from an overseas business trip strikes me as dumb.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Progressives will not be satisfied until our country is drowning in anti-american sharia loving terrorists. Dearborn Mich is a fine example of their utopia. It is not our responsibility to take Muslim refugees, let their own Muslim countries shelter them. It is nothing more than an invasion. I have to laugh when libtards talked about how we need to open our doors to Muslim children why they push for the wholesale slaughter of the African American unborn. It is laughable.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree with Trump.
    These refugees are for the most part fleeing from problems and conditions THEY created or problems they allowed to manifest. They allowed the tyrants and despots to take over their country. By their own inactivity and refusal to fight back. They need to clean up their own mess in their own countries and not bring it over here.

Most refuse to assimilate and they hate us. They create the same environment and conditions they fled.

Trump was elected by a majority to ban immigration and he is doing it. If the whining crying DEMOCRATs are not happy here, I suggest they immigrate to the countries people are fleeing.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's Trump's style to disrupt the process and then put it back the way he wants it. He will have to contend with Congress and Judaical Branch and this is not The apprentice show.

Bush called it and said that he had a mandate from the people? We got the Iraq war in return! Trump however cannot say that now. Stayed tune the fireworks is sure to come!

serf
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    apqDYA.jpg

Sounds like Victory!
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Federal Judge has just over ruled the order. Well Trump needs to go back and reissue one in regards to Homeland Security.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Federal Judge has just over ruled the order. Well Trump needs to go back and reissue one in regards to Homeland Security.

only on removing the ones already here

TW3nBqKl.jpg
  • Options
    JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He didn't ban people from countries with known ties to Islamic terror where he has business interests. Sad...
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I believe the premise is because the exec order was discriminatory. Trump needs to stop all immigration from all countries to be fair. I am ok with that too. I didn't think lower courts could overrule the president, and I don't think the supreme court had time to rule.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jgreen
    He didn't ban people from countries with known ties to Islamic terror where he has business interests. Sad...

and which countries would that be ?

trump_companies_mobile.png
  • Options
    auctionplugauctionplug Member Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So do the judges 'ruling' apply to the whole USA or just a certian district?

.... The 'judge' in question said "he hopes Trump enjoys losing'. [V][:(!]
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fake News.....[:o)]
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But if we deport them they can't vote!!,
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

If you bothered to read the EO, you might notice it doesn't list 7 countries. It references countries under an earlier directive. They are the same 7 countries CJ suspended from the visa waiver program a while back.

From a DHS release in February 2016:
    quote:"The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries. The three additional countries designated today join Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria as countries subject to restrictions for Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals."

I wonder if CJ has the same business interests...Or if the sheep just didn't get any marching orders.

Say 'Baaaaa' [8D]
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We don't NEED people on that visa work waiver program here anyway! You CAN NOT tell me we don't have enough people to work for Google or whoever! The reason Google/etc wants to hire these people is because they work for half (or less!) of what a US Citizen will work for! It is about MONEY.

And then another US Citizen is out of work!

Merc

quote:Originally posted by brewer12345
    I think it is high time we had something approach actual border control. That said, the exec order might have been a tad broad and messy. Telling permanent residents with a green card and a job working for, say, Google that they are screwed and can't come home from an overseas business trip strikes me as dumb.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

only on removing the ones already here

TW3nBqKl.jpg
    "...
    ENJOINED AND RESTRAINED from, in any manner or by any means, removing individuals with refugee applications approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as part of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, holders of valid immigrant and non-immigrant visas, and other individuals from Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen legally authorized to enter the United States."

was that a trick question? the EO makes it illegal for them to enter the US, so... they are no longer legally authorized, so... the "stay" does not apply to them! kick them out!
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    their just mad cause they couldn't do it[:D]
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama in the last couple days before leaving office brought in another 500. During his administration 100,000 so called refugees were brought here. And 100's of thousands to millions have come illegaly across our borders.

Approxamatly 1/2 of the people born and living in this country (and possibly a bunch more if you count illegals) have no american values or loyalty. They are globelists showing disrespect to the nation they were born in, and distain for our constitution. It is dicusting to watch their behavior. and have to listen to the garbage and lies that comes out of their mouth. With certainty, we are a divided nation.

I thought Federal judges were appointed by the president ? Not talking about the Supreme court where congress has a say. I must be mistaken .
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter and son in law are crying on Facebook that this is not the christian thing to do. They fail to understand what Muslums do to Christians. The problem with treating Muslums as a religious issue is that their plolitics are so interwined with their religion that it's impossible to seperate the two. These same good people who are crying about what the Christian thing to do is seem to think Abortion is fine. A lot of the good Christians that I know consider abortion to be murder. Hypocritical?
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you heard of this??[:0]

Sanctuary Cities
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    I for one am LOVING the new Whitehouse occupant in charge.

Those left on the hill are whizzin' in their depends. [:D]

+1

I fully agree. It is long past time immigration controls (for legal and illegal) be put in place and enforced.

We are off to a good start.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well maybe the old law the judge is enforcing needs rewritten.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nothing Personal... Just Business. [;)]
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the President ordered:

The Secretary of Treasury [State] and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not reissue visas, nor will we issue new visas, except for compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest of our own country requires. This directive will be interpreted very strictly.

Oh, wait- my bad. That was what President Jimmy Carter (D) ordered on 7 April 1980.

Notice that none of the talking heads will acknowledge THAT.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See all the crybaby snowflakes going ape poop? Be prepared to take these clueless morons HEAD ON.
    I hope for calm but you see how these POS want confrontation. OK.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    The Progressives will not be satisfied until our country is drowning in anti-american sharia loving terrorists. Dearborn Mich is a fine example of their utopia. It is not our responsibility to take Muslim refugees, let their own Muslim countries shelter them. It is nothing more than an invasion. I have to laugh when libtards talked about how we need to open our doors to Muslim children why they push for the wholesale slaughter of the African American unborn. It is laughable.
    Pretty much covers it.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it prevents 1 death from a Muslim terrorist, this is worth it.
  • Options
    JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barzilla beat me to it.

But don't forget it was Saudi Arabia where the majority, if not all of the 911 attackers came from.

But alternative facts are always easier to swallow them the truth.