In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some People shouldnt have guns

2»

Comments

• pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Wow, so I guess you must know more than everyone else on the subject matter. Like I said before I knew some of "YOU" were going to make more out of this then it was intended for. I gues with all of "YOUR" experience you have never been to a similar type of call and shook your head thinking the same thing. By the way just for your information I too have worked Patrol, Criminal Investigations crimes against persons, homicides, robberies, rapes, child rimes, etc. So please spaer me by thinking you are the only one who has such great insight. Hmmm. I made the experience comment based on the following pearl of wisdom which "you" made an issue. quote:Quit making this more of the "The police are here to take my guns", I was merely passing along an incident from work, some of the sht I see on a daily basis, stuff Im quite sure you dontYou were the one who tossed out the old, 'I see this stuff on a daily basis and I'm quite sure you don't', line. Seemed to me that you were making some claim that because "you" are LEO, then your insight has more value and thus, your opinion gained validity.

I merely pointed out that I have similar experience and don't see it the way you do.

Why so touchy there pipe?[8)]

Not touchy my friend and apologize if it comes across that way, just poiting out that everytime theres a post people twist it around, and all I was doing was relaying a funny incident. I respect your opinions as you should mine. My experience as a Officer does not give me more insight, again just passing on a story of a person who screwed up. Have a nice day [;)]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pipe7
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    Yeah some people shouldnt have cars,

Others shouldnt have sharp objects,

and a few dont deserve to still be breathing.

As you can see from your story it tends to correct itself.. You dont like the nature of reality? Tuff.

Stupid people get robbed and raped too, so maybe you should step back from your own personal experiences and remember that. They deserve the right to defend themselves...
    And whatever you think about regulation being good for people you are wrong because reality isnt a theory.

What in the heck are you babbling about?? I never said people did not have the right to protect themselves, I merely stated my opinion that some people should not be allowed to have or handle firearms. This bone head shot himself, not once but twice!! Whats next, he shoots himself dead or he ends up shooting an innocent person because he is too brain dead to safely and properly own and handle a firearm?? If he shoots himself then hey no brains no headache, but if he shoots another person because of his idiot behavior then thats unacceptable, unless of course you think this bone heads right to have a firearm is more important than an innocent persons life? That my friend is reality and not a theory. Quit making this more of the "The police are here to take my guns", I was merely passing along an incident from work, some of the sht I see on a daily basis, stuff Im quite sure you dont[;)]

Sorry, didnt mean to go off half cocked, Its pretty much as the captian phrased it.

"the price we pay to live in a free society".

Thats a hard truth, it always has been.

I think you are right about his story, it sounds like BS to me too.. His old lady put one in him.

Usually a scumbag that age has a felony, that takes care of alot of them.

But even if he didnt have a gun, chances are she would have deflated him up with a butcher knife.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lvpatt
    i think a person should have to attend/pass the basic nra or similar course before being allowed to own a gun.
    i know,i know,gun control,4th amend,etc.
    i think the biggest support the anti gun lobby will have is the unqualified, unregulated, gun buying boom of the last 9 months and the accidents these new gun owners will cause.

pat

...I'm not even going to go there...
    edited November -1
    Just to update you, the guy lived, they dug out the bullet, he's so damn fat it didnt hurt anything major inside of him. He's sticking to his story that the gun went off when he dropped it on the bed, and oh ya his girlfriend well she is being extradited back to California on a Probation Violation Warrant. I love a happy ending, and by the way I hope I didnt offend anyone with this update Lord knows I wouldnt want to do that[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Wow, so I guess you must know more than everyone else on the subject matter. Like I said before I knew some of "YOU" were going to make more out of this then it was intended for. I gues with all of "YOUR" experience you have never been to a similar type of call and shook your head thinking the same thing. By the way just for your information I too have worked Patrol, Criminal Investigations crimes against persons, homicides, robberies, rapes, child rimes, etc. So please spaer me by thinking you are the only one who has such great insight. Hmmm. I made the experience comment based on the following pearl of wisdom which "you" made an issue. quote:Quit making this more of the "The police are here to take my guns", I was merely passing along an incident from work, some of the sht I see on a daily basis, stuff Im quite sure you dontYou were the one who tossed out the old, 'I see this stuff on a daily basis and I'm quite sure you don't', line. Seemed to me that you were making some claim that because "you" are LEO, then your insight has more value and thus, your opinion gained validity.

I merely pointed out that I have similar experience and don't see it the way you do.

Not touchy my friend and apologize if it comes across that way, just poiting out that everytime theres a post people twist it around, and all I was doing was relaying a funny incident. I respect your opinions as you should mine. My experience as a Officer does not give me more insight, again just passing on a story of a person who screwed up. Have a nice day [;)]
    Fair enough pipe and understood.

As an aside, I gotta say that we sure do see some doozies in the course of doing what we do.
    edited November -1

Fair enough pipe and understood.

As an aside, I gotta say that we sure do see some doozies in the course of doing what we do.

That my friend is No Doubt, Watch your six, and be safe out on the street[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:That my friend is No Doubt, Watch your six, and be safe out on the streetAppreciate it pipe, you too.

Sadly, I am mainly an admin pogue since promoting. I respond to major incidents frequently, but with the exception of jumping hot calls that I happen to be close to and the couple of monthly "retain-my-sanity" patrol days that I do, I don't regularly work the street any longer.
  • 1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are obviously another person who cant look at a simple post without crying "Their coming to take my guns away"You are full of crap
    quote:It said "some people" in which I was meaning this idiot.Tell you what if you are such a bleeding heart for idiots who do things like this, then let them come live with you so you can watch them and teach them how to be "RESPONSIBLE" gun owners.So...even though he has a right to own a gun, because you think he is an idiot your opinion should bar him from owning one.
    quote: I apologize that so many of you cannot look at posts without finding some form of hidden agenda about gun ownership. Obviously you didnt take the time to really read the post before you said the first thing that came to your mind[;)]You are the one who posted your random thoughts for everyone to see. You are the one who advocates taking someone's rights away because they are an "idiot". While I might tend to agree with you on the idiot part, and I wouldn't want to be around the guy when he had a gun, it is his right to own one. We don't revoke the driving privileges of people who have had 2 motor vehicle accidents do we?

In the 10 years since D.C. police adopted the Glock 9mm to combat the growing firepower of drug dealers, there have been more than 120 accidental discharges of the handgun. Police officers have killed at least one citizen they didn't intend to kill and have wounded at least nine citizens they didn't intend to wound. Nineteen officers have shot themselves or other officers accidentally. At least eight victims or surviving relatives have sued the District alleging injuries from accidental discharges.

I guess these idiots don't need guns either...right? After all they are TRAINED in the use of guns and still can't seem to handle them safely[:o)][;)]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/dcpolice/deadlyforce/police4page1.htm