In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

secrets out

wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
the discovery channel is showing initiation rites for the masons. wonder if they will show everything. or just a little

Comments

• bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's the episode I've seen, you'll get a pretty good idea.
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    I hope they are careful, hate for them to get this guy after them.

quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

I know exactly what these rings are. I have one. You should not have these......where did you get them?

quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Oh....but I do have them. What are they so I can advertise them properly so someone who "deserves" them will be able to catch them when I put them up for sale?

What do you want for them? You should not have these.

quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    Oh....but I do have them. What are they so I can advertise them properly so someone who "deserves" them will be able to catch them when I put them up for sale?

Explain, please......

What do you want for these?

quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    I know exactly what these rings are. I have one. You should not have these......where did you get them?

lighten up francis.

whatever bs secrets your "secret society" has arent going to be magically revealed(as if anybody actually cares) because the "wrong person" got a hold of them.

See, there you go, you just can't help but run someone down constantly, can you. Is there a reason you're always a prick?

Nothing to do with a "secret" society. You have no idea what these are......
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I am a recovering 32 degree master mason,blah,blah blah

anyone wanna know the secret handshake or maybe the secret word to call out if your in trouble?
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor

Explain, please......

lighten up francis.

whatever bs secrets your "secret society" has arent going to be magically revealed(as if anybody actually cares) because the "wrong person" got a hold of them.

See, there you go, you just can't help but run someone down constantly, can you. Is there a reason you're always a prick?

Wow...spending a little time keeping notes there?

I ever tell you about my safe, lightening...........nevermind.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75

anyone wanna know the secret handshake or maybe the secret word to call out if your in trouble?

Did you finally see the Light after finding Truth?
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    It's been on before. I get a kick out the the Master Mason who was interviewed. Listen to how he uses his words. The ritual is a secret but nothing else is. The stuff they show you in the documentary is close but no cigar. If you want to become a Mason, you should ask one in person.
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Like I said, Survivalist. It's a big hole, and you've only got one shovel to fill it back in with!

[:D]

Gonna have lots-o-fun with this one. Should get play out of it for a couple of YEARS!!
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    there is nothin secret about my Lord and savior Jesus Christ...therefore i do not understand the masons or their secrecy..nothing against them...i just don,t understand their secrecy[;)][V]
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And this whole time I thought masons just played with rocks and mud.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    there is nothin secret about my Lord and savior Jesus Christ...therefore i do not understand the masons or their secrecy..nothing against them...i just don,t understand their secrecy[;)][V]

well, it started out with masons who would travel around the world with their skills and work with other masons. they didn't want to give out their trade secrets. pretty much job security. speculative masonry is the same way. the catholic church started a bunch of poop against masonry which still lingers today. im a christian, Jesus is the son of the Lord and died for my sins. i wont get into it that much but there is an entire sub secion of masonry which is hard core christian and made it possible for you to worship christ without prosecution.

i would guess the catholic church has a lot more secrets than the masons.

peace!
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got several Masonic items from rings to what looks like an apron type thing made from some kind of skin in a long blue tube.

What's the big deal?

And no,.....I am not a mason.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490

well, it started out with masons who would travel around the world with their skills and work with other masons. they didn't want to give out their trade secrets. pretty much job security. speculative masonry is the same way. the catholic church started a bunch of poop against masonry which still lingers today. im a christian, Jesus is the son of the Lord and died for my sins. i wont get into it that much but there is an entire sub secion of masonry which is hard core christian and made it possible for you to worship christ without prosecution.

peace!

my pop is a 32nd degree mason and a scotish rite..he is a good man , and his friends are that belong to them and have always been good to me..but i don't know much about them
    edited November -1

peace!

my pop is a 32nd degree mason and a scotish rite..he is a good man , and his friends are that belong to them and have always been good to me..but i don't know much about them

may be a good time to ask him about it. it would be a good idea to ask him about christianity in masonry as well.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

peace!

kclogo.gif Its a wash-
    edited November -1

peace!

may be a good time to ask him about it. it would be a good idea to ask him about christianity in masonry as well.

he won't tell me if it's secret i don't figure..so i don't ask...kinda like ww2 and korea...he was in a heap of battles, and i ask him about it once..he teared up,and said "damn Son, that was rough" he won't talk about it ..so i leave it be[;)][V]
    edited November -1
    hey Franc, i know a bunch of them k of c fellas too. they are pretty good fellas, have some good turkey shoots,and some good beer at their hall[:D]
    edited November -1
    well before you go and pop off like a girl scout and call bs, why dont you ask your shriner friend about the slander the catholic church created. many masons are catholic. quit being an *.
    edited November -1
    around here,them k of c fellas and masons seem to get along o.k. i've been to masonic hall breakfast's that you couldn't eat it all for a cheap price,and kof c barbecues and fish fries that were the same,you left stuffed..there were members of both at both. heck i've even been to Jewish folks churches where there were fine feeds...i never cared what religion a man was to see if i liked him or not[8D]
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    i dont know about catholics and masonry, (they have a group call knights of columbus around here) but my grandfather, and his brothers were masons, my grandmas brothers are/were too. grandpa had a masonic bible, the only difference in it and my bible is it had the square and compus on the front, and it had a little section about masonic history. other than that it was the same. same books, same chapters, same verses.
    edited November -1
    i'll look at the site you posted select...is it that pop can't talk about it unless i ask him?[?]
    edited November -1
    around here,them k of c fellas and masons seem to get along o.k. i've been to masonic hall breakfast's that you couldn't eat it all for a cheap price,and kof c barbecues and fish fries that were the same,you left stuffed..there were members of both at both. heck i've even been to Jewish folks churches where there were fine feeds...i never cared what religion a man was to see if i liked him or not[8D]

the slander was done years ago. the catholic church is cool with the masons now. all religions are welcome to masonry and are NEVER judged. It's not a church. But there is one group of masons on the top of the food chain that requires that you are a christian as their work is to protect it.

i can send you a book when i get back that legally shows you a general outline of masonry.
    edited November -1
    i'll look at the site you posted select...is it that pop can't talk about it unless i ask him?[?]

the old masons are really quiet about it. new ones aren't you have to ask him to become a mason. but he can tell you about masonry. the ritual is the secret. the way the open the lodge and let people in. it protects the hall, members and jewels
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Wish I could find me some free masons.

Got a rock retaining wall that needs to be re-worked...
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Congats on getting out. I have a friend who is stuck in it, he knows the Truth, but last I knew he was still a member.
    edited November -1

Explain, please......

lighten up francis.

Wow...spending a little time keeping notes there?

Nope, just had nothing to do this afternoon and know how to use the search feature.
    I ever tell you about my safe, lightening...........nevermind.

[:D][:D][:D] Good one. I thought you said it was in a truck being moved, I guess it was on the 114th floor.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

I was gonna suggest pietro, but then I noticed the word "free", hes probably too far away for that.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

I was gonna suggest pietro, but then I noticed the word "free", hes probably too far away for that.

Yeah! wish we could help.

My grandfathers,uncles and of course my father were very involved in freemasonry, I had no choice or opinion in the matter, when I turned 21 I had already memorized all of the signs and symbols.

When I accepted Jesus into my life and when I moved away from my family I took my "ring of power" off for good!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

Yes! Most men don't realize what they are getting into, they don't realize the oathes they take. These are serious oathes and when broken some lodges follow through with the punishment.

Looking back, our lodge did a lot of good works for the community.
    Talk about free mason, I did a lot of free work for my "brothers"

Just like a cruise ship, if it gets off 1 degree, in 200 mi. you have just taken a lot of people on a long trip in the wrong direction.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=126751046

86-Ibought one of those rings. You gonna turn me in to the thought police[?][:0]
  • ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years ago I was asked to join the KOC....I showed up for the initiation and waited around for a while.... no one showed up so I bought a bucket of extra crispy and went home[:p]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

Yes! Most men don't realize what they are getting into, they don't realize the oathes they take. These are serious oathes and when broken some lodges follow through with the punishment.

Looking back, our lodge did a lot of good works for the community.
    Talk about free mason, I did a lot of free work for my "brothers"

Just like a cruise ship, if it gets off 1 degree, in 200 mi. you have just taken a lot of people on a long trip in the wrong direction.

Yessir...Ooops...didn't realize Nunn had locked this!
    edited November -1
    I have been recruited. I declined the offer. So much for "we don't recruit."

I have seen the "good ol' boy" stuff aforementioned. Had a police chief who was big into Masonry, and would believe ANY Mason over any of his officers. He also altered reports, dropped charges, and even ran off an outstanding officer, all because it was what his Mason buddies wanted.

Heck, it's in their own rules and regulations. If a Mason is on trial and another Mason is on the jury, and if the accused gives the "high sign" of distress, that Mason on the jury is bound by his oath to hang the jury up with a "not guilty" vote, no matter what the evidence shows. I don't see how anyone can be a Mason and a peace officer.

Dad was one for many years. After he started studying the Bible in-depth, at Christ For The Nations Institute, he felt led away from Masonry, and sent in his resignation. The local lodge refused to accept his resignation, and voted to pay his dues for him for several years. He also lived in fear that his former brother Masons would come to him in the night and kill him for resigning.

Unlocking the thread. It hadn't gotten bad yet.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Stormy- My daddy and his brothers belonged to SOLOMON LODGE #1. THe oldest lodge in the USA. They tried to recruit ME. Another uncle belonged To the shriners. HEZAZ it was. He was so crooked he had to SCREW his pants on[:0]
  • wvduecewvduece Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I have been recruited. I declined the offer. So much for "we don't recruit."

I have seen the "good ol' boy" stuff aforementioned. Had a police chief who was big into Masonry, and would believe ANY Mason over any of his officers. He also altered reports, dropped charges, and even ran off an outstanding officer, all because it was what his Mason buddies wanted.

Heck, it's in their own rules and regulations. If a Mason is on trial and another Mason is on the jury, and if the accused gives the "high sign" of distress, that Mason on the jury is bound by his oath to hang the jury up with a "not guilty" vote, no matter what the evidence shows. I don't see how anyone can be a Mason and a peace officer.

Dad was one for many years. After he started studying the Bible in-depth, at Christ For The Nations Institute, he felt led away from Masonry, and sent in his resignation. The local lodge refused to accept his resignation, and voted to pay his dues for him for several years. He also lived in fear that his former brother Masons would come to him in the night and kill him for resigning.

Unlocking the thread. It hadn't gotten bad yet.

Hadn?t gotten bad untill you came in. You are full of crap. As a moderator, you should have limited communication in the forums. Your lies are just fabricated opinions of masonry. You are not a mason and never will be. You know jack and squat about us and you assume and presume too much.

lots of bull he must have been turned down people will say anything jeaoulsy is a evil thread that will destroy you
    edited November -1
    quote:Hadn?t gotten bad untill you came in. You are full of crap. As a moderator, you should have limited communication in the forums. Your lies are just fabricated opinions of masonry. You are not a mason and never will be. You know jack and squat about us and you assume and presume too much.

Now, that's funny right there. I don't care who ya are. Go back and re-read my post. It is not an expression of OPINION, but ACTUAL EXPERIENCE. I presume nothing. I report what I see. I can't help that you don't like it.

Why are you telling me how to moderate? Maybe I have been doing it wrong. Check my post count. My participation is far from limited. Maybe on your forum where you moderate, you can have "limited communication," but this one here is mine.

quote:lots of bull he must have been turned down people will say anything jeaoulsy is a evil thread that will destroy you

Nope. Read my post again. I wasn't "turned down." No way I would ever try to join after my experiences and after listening to Dad. Not jealous, not envious, not at all. If you want to be one, go be one. You ain't bothering me at all.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was approached by two Free Masons, asked me if I was maybe interested. Even asked if I was missing any body parts. I guess they have a rule about no amputees. Heck, they had a table set in the mall near the entrance handing out liturature or talking with folks, what ever they were doing.
  • tracman49tracman49 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suggest this forum not pander to the insecurities of those who have nothing better to do than bash a truly caring and effective group as the Masons
    edited November -1
    Reporting experiences and observations is not bashing.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I found out who runs the Masons.
    flintstones.jpg
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.