In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

secrets out

2»

Comments

• tracman49tracman49 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmm false assertations, personal problems with Masons, posting pic of Fred flintstone, nop thats not pandering at all....Nunn, Nunn, nunn,
    edited November -1
    Pander-To cater to the lower tastes and desires of others or exploit their weaknesses

Bash-To engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism

There is a difference in the two words. I believe most of the posts here are Pandering
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    quote: Hmmm false assertations, personal problems with Masons, posting pic of Fred flintstone, nop thats not pandering at all....Nunn, Nunn, nunn,

Some of us seem to be a bit thin-skinned, I reckon.

I reported my own observations. I can't help that it doesn't dovetail with your world view.

pandering

Main Entry: 1pan?der
    Pronunciation: \#712;pan-d#601;r\
    Function: intransitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): pan?dered; pan?der?ing \-d(#601;-)ri#331;\
    Date: 1523
    : to act as a pander ; especially : to provide gratification for others' desires <films that pander to the basest emotions>
    - pan?der?er \-d#601;r-#601;r\ noun
    edited November -1
    I am not a world view guy..My Masonic experience is in a small Lodge in North Texas. In-laws were Masons from Ireland and they were some of the finest men I have ever known. They worked hard, raised a family, lived to the high standards of masonary. I am proud to be a Mason when measured by the standards these great men lived by,
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    That's great. You go be one. As I said before, it's no skin off my nose. But I can't unlive my experiences, and you can't change my mind.
  • coledigger4coledigger4 Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I don't really understand this Mason or Freemason stuff. Other than being some type of club, what exactly is it? From the posts I can't seem to get whether it is pro-religion or anti-religion, or nothing at all to do with religion. Secret words, secret rings, secret hand signals, secret oathes, threat of death if you want out, I am curious about what this is about.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by coledigger4
    I guess I don't really understand this Mason or Freemason stuff. Other than being some type of club, what exactly is it? From the posts I can't seem to get whether it is pro-religion or anti-religion, or nothing at all to do with religion. Secret words, secret rings, secret hand signals, secret oathes, threat of death if you want out, I am curious about what this is about.

It must be pro religion, any religion, because atheists are not allowed to join.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Yep, aint that a real shocker...[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Masonary has a strong Christian belief component.

Yes it is true that many men of History have been Masons.

It is also true that US Masonary may very well have some less than honorable men as members per Nunn's concerns. The vast majority of US Mason are honorable, god fearing, and true American patriots.

finally, our whole country is being lead to the poopter by a pro muslin and true world view President, so why are we worrying about Masons when we should be focusing on protecting our right to live as free men?
    edited November -1
    sav9, death threats? what is ur source for such information.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tracman49
    sav99, death threats? what is ur source for such information.

Not sure I understand your question.
  • ZealotZealot Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not a world view guy..My Masonic experience is in a small Lodge in North Texas. In-laws were Masons from Ireland and they were some of the finest men I have ever known. They worked hard, raised a family, lived to the high standards of masonary. I am proud to be a Mason when measured by the standards these great men lived by,

Yet from your small world view, you can speak for the whole organization?
    edited November -1
    you posed question about Masons listing death threats as one of your questions. Just curious where u heard that. I can tell you from my experience as a Mason for 34 years the dark aside everon e quotes is just not real.
    My lodge in North Texas is comprised of very fine men whose only involvment with death was losing a loved one or in wartime. The secrets of Masonary has more to do with passing the history from generation to generation without written words. Most of the Masonic ways are all memorized and passed verably to new members. Most of those who post negatively about Masonary either dont or were "blackballed" by a lodge and could not become a member, normally for good reason. There is always a bad actor in any organization and Masons have certainly had it share.

However, If all people lived up to the creed of freemasonary, this world and this country would be more a honorable place to live.
    edited November -1
    Zealot, masonary teaches the same beliefs and creed across the world. Also, my Lodge is located in a small town in North Texas, my life experience has taken me across the world and to many places much darker that a Masonic Lodge.

Do you beleif in respect for your fellow man, do you beleive in God, do you strive to help your fellow man, do you believe in the American way of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? then you share these beleifs with Freemasons in this country.
    edited November -1

It is also true that US Masonary may very well have some less than honorable men as members per Nunn's concerns. The vast majority of US Mason are honorable, god fearing, and true American patriots.

finally, our whole country is being lead to the poopter by a pro muslin and true world view President, so why are we worrying about Masons when we should be focusing on protecting our right to live as free men?

...that right there, says a whole lot.
    edited November -1
    Zealot, I would hate to go thru life always looking to find the only bad things or beliefs with which you dont agree. Masons define the word honorable. I am proud to be a Mason and a pro 2nd amendment American.

Forums by nature leave room for exchange of ideas, even when they are in conflict. You likely want think any better of masonary but I do not think any less of your rights to disagree.

"Aint America a great place to live?"
  • ZealotZealot Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zealot, masonary teaches the same beliefs and creed across the world. Also, my Lodge is located in a small town in North Texas, my life experience has taken me across the world and to many places much darker that a Masonic Lodge.

Do you beleif in respect for your fellow man, do you beleive in God, do you strive to help your fellow man, do you believe in the American way of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? then you share these beleifs with Freemasons in this country.

No one doubts the teaching are the same throughout the organization, but that doesn't mean the same type of men that you know as Masons are the same type of men throughout the whole organization. Fraternal organizations, especially large ones, always have problems with corruption and good ole boy syndrome. It may not be the case at your lodge, but you can't say with certainty that it does not happens elsewhere in the organization.
    edited November -1
    As you cannot say that generally that corruption does exist everywhere an dall the time. I have met many Masons across the world and as I said there is always bad guys everywhere.

To assess organizations with a general statement would prevent one from every joining any organization not matter its worth. Everyone has to judge and do the best we can to police our own.

Now how about Accron and Corruption----now that is an interesting subject!!!
    edited November -1
    you posed question about Masons listing death threats as one of your questions.

Sorry fella, not my post. You have the wrong guy. [;)]
  • slackmasonslackmason Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "is there no help for a widows son?"
    jachine
    Aboaz
    shibboleth
    tubal cain
    ma ha bone

hiram abif
    "The Juwes are not the men who will be blamed for nothing."
    Jubela, Jubelo, and Jubelum
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Stormy- My daddy and his brothers belonged to SOLOMON LODGE #1. THe oldest lodge in the USA. They tried to recruit ME. Another uncle belonged To the shriners. HEZAZ it was. He was so crooked he had to SCREW his pants on[:0]

that is hilarious! mind if I use it?[:D][:D]LMAO
    edited November -1

ha ha He said mason-ary[:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

...that right there, says a whole lot.

That is the point, I think, as well.[;)]

+2
    edited November -1
    So pietro75 do you usually question one's beliefs with wisecracks or do you have a real concenr that Masons may ruin the world quicker than radical Muslims or our socialsit President? Please tell me you also have a belief system that guides you thru life
    edited November -1
    So pietro75 do you usually question one's beliefs with wisecracks or do you have a real concenr that Masons may ruin the world quicker than radical Muslims or our socialsit President? Please tell me you also have a belief system that guides you thru life

Yes I do like to wise crack. Sorry to offend you, but as a bricklayer, when ever someone says masonary I get a kick out of it.

As I stated in another post this reminds me of a cruise ship, if it is off 1 degree, in 200 mi. you have lead a lot of people way off course.

Per your statement that you don't have a world view, how can you account for the moral integrity of the freemasons as a whole?

I come from a long line of freemasons(grandpas,dad,uncles,cousins) I was a 32nd degree master mason for 9 yrs. I am familiar with the operation of the lodge. Please see my post "Hot topic" for my story about freemasonry

Yes, I have a belief statement, I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, No one comes to the father except throught the Son.
    I am a born again followeer of Christ(Christian seems to be a loose term these days) see John 3:3

Read my other post to find out about the good things done by the men I was involved with.

I do not like the title Worshipful Master as I worship only God Almighty or the great I AM.

I would think from your posts here that you are a morally sound man and I do not wish to "pander" you.
    edited November -1
    Masonry has a strong Christian belief component.

The freemasons require that you believe in god(small g cause they don't care which one). This should not be confused with Christianity. Religion or being religious is also many times confused with being a Christian. I guess believing in God all together is many times confused with being a true follower of Christ.

One more belief statement: I don't think you can be religious and be a true Christian(follower of Chriist) at the same time. Take it or leave it. Now, I do not intend to get into a big ole' lengthy debate about all this. I hope you respect my beliefs as I do yours.
    edited November -1
    pietro75:
    How did being a Mason go against your religious beliefs?
    I was under the impression that religion and the aspects of your faith, didn't have anything really to do with being a Mason.

You detractors make it sound like the Mason's asked you to worship another God or some thing.

I really don't know about the organization, so this is why I am asking...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    pietro75:
    How did being a Mason go against your religious beliefs?
    I was under the impression that religion and the aspects of your faith, didn't have anything really to do with being a Mason.

You detractors make it sound like the Mason's asked you to worship another God or some thing.

I really don't know about the organization, so this is why I am asking...

They did not ask me to worship other gods. Many of them were not affiliated with any type of religious order. When I was inducted I was presented with a King James bible.

The lodge does not view Jesus as the only way to heaven and this is unaceptable to me. The oathes that I took with my hand on the bible to swear secrecy to the lodge, in retrospect, was wrong in my mind.

I swore 32 oathes of death and dismemberment if I violated masonic law. I have asked God foregiveness for these oathes.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75
    Masonry has a strong Christian belief component.

The freemasons require that you believe in god(small g cause they don't care which one). This should not be confused with Christianity. Religion or being religious is also many times confused with being a Christian. I guess believing in God all together is many times confused with being a true follower of Christ.

One more belief statement: I don't think you can be religious and be a true Christian(follower of Chriist) at the same time. Take it or leave it. Now, I do not intend to get into a big ole' lengthy debate about all this. I hope you respect my beliefs as I do yours.

Well said.
    edited November -1
    Healthy exchange of divergent ideas makes us all stronger and solidfies our uniqueness in the World