In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Super Shorty! Holster update

2»

Comments

• NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik

It'd be cool if they made one with a 10 inch barrel that would attach to a picatinny rail or the nbarrel of an AR15.[:D]

that would be interesting

As it was pointed out they do. Just keep in mind that when you add a stock (by attaching it to the AR) it will need to be registered as a SBS (short barreled shotgun) and NOT as an AOW.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    WOW, this post got resurected and started a firestorm! cool![;)]
    about AOW, here's how Bob over at serbu explained it to me.
    the shorty is an AOW because it starts as a FACTORY pistol grip. that allows it to fall into a loophole of sorts and be an AOW. and costs $5.
    If you take a factory stock shotgun and saw off 10" of the barrel it's a short shotgun and gets a $200 tax stamp.
    apparently, the transfer paperwork is similar and serbu charges $100 if you back out after the paperwork has been started.
    it also can't ship to a class 1. has to be a 3.
    that's what i understand anyway.

quote:Since the current folks in washington are unconstitutionally restricting access to this weapon, I wouldn't advertise that I owned one, registered or not. That's all. I'm not saying I lost all my guns in a boating accident or anything. Just a little commentary on our current sad state of affairs.

I got ya now. thanks.

I took Nwcid's advice and bought the VooDoo shotgun "holster".
    Its 28" long and meant to be slund over/behind the shoulder.
    when I get the shorty i'll modify it to a belt loop thigh holster
    and see how it carries. if it works out , i'll use it as a template for black leather to match my CAS rig and take it to the next shoot![:0][:)]
  • hehatemehehateme Member Posts: 724
    edited November -1
    My wife and I shot one of these at a range in Orlando last year, I didn't thinik it kicked all the hard with 2.75's, it's real nice with the little 2 inchers, I even think you can fit three in the tube with those..

Funny thing, my wife shot it after me, I think since she watched me easily handle it, she didn't think anything of it. (She loves shotguns btw) When she pulled the trigger it slammed her straight in the t*t.. By god It was about the funniest thing I had seen in a long time, I still laugh at her about it.[:D]