In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Joe Horn...Walks..no indictment

TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Shooter of two Texas burglars.

Comments

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Link please.
    What's next?
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    And the idiot Quanell X thinks it is frightening that people stand up to burgulars

quote:"The message that the grand jury sent today is frightening," said community activist Quanell X.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5864151.html

Here's what the DA had to say:

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/08/06/30/joehorn.pdf

But how could this be? What about all those here who were emphatic that what he did clearly constituted murder? [:D]
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Good ol' Texas Grand Juries!

Musta been the "Needed Shootin' Defense!"

QUISELING X, or what ever his name is, is just posturing for the civil suit yet to come.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo
    Musta been the "Needed Shootin' Defense!"Sometimes there's a lot to be said for this standard.

Would you have been upset if a neighbor had done the same to your burglar(s)?
  • Options
    Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    And just think. Where is the national news on this part of the story? They where all over it when it came out at first when he shot them?
    HUM!
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is justice yet[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs

No.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cool! Shoot all burglars!
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quanell X is a community activist trying to better his people,so if they can steal more they live better. He heads up the new black panthers,I remember the original black panthers,they were just the nicest people you could meet. Unless it was in a dark alley or on a deserted street or if you were outnunbered by 10 to one. Great people, pillars of society. This guy must think Jackson and Sharpton are getting to old for this stuff.
  • Options
    peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For those that do not know who Quanell X is:

http://www.chronicallybiased.com/index.php?itemid=479

June 15, 2004, 07:00 AM

Who is Quanell X?
    By Owen Courr?ges

In the wake of Quanell X's much-publicized arrest for evading arrest, many of you are probably wondering, "Who is this Quanell X guy, anyway?"

Every Houstonian has probably seen Quannel X on the news at some time or another instigating some kind of protest. He's commonly called an "activist," although his credentials lend themselves more to the characterization of "hate-monger." His official position, however, is that of National Informational Minister for the New Black Panthers, a redux of the radical 60's group.

If you want to make a case that monsters are not born, but made, then Quanell X will provide you with some valuable data. You see, Quanell Abdul Muhammad was born into a stable household on December 7th, 1970 (Pearl Harbor Day) in the City of Angels - Los Angeles. His parents were both members of the Nation of Islam, and both held down good jobs. His mother was a teacher, and his father owned a small business. All seemed well.

The dream came crashing down when Elijah Muhammad, the founder of the Nation of Islam, died. Major changes were forthcoming.

Imam W.D. Muhammad, Elijah's son, took over and began making 'reforms.' Among these was repudiating some of the racist overtones to the organization, especially its anti-Semitism. That was all well and good, but then he endorsed polygamy. This particular moral shift is what tore Quanell's family apart. His father brought his mother's best friend home to become his second wife, and his mother would have nothing of it. She abandoned the Nation of Islam along with their Muslim family name, and returned back to their 'slave name' - Evans.

The Evans family also abandoned Los Angeles, moving eastward to Houston. Young Quanell eventually became a drug dealer, starting out with marijuana, and then moving up the proverbial ladder to crack.

One day, however, Quanell X had a revelation upon seeing a speech by Louis Farrakhan, now the leader of the Nation of Islam. Farrakhan appealed to Quanell's deep-seeded prejudices. He largely rejected Muhammad's path of moderation, preaching a vitriolic race-hatred. For the youthful crack dealer, it was a very appealling philosophy.

Upon joining the Nation of Islam, the newly-dubbed Quannel X quickly rose to become a spokesman. However, his over-the-top racist rhetoric continually got him in trouble. At the Gary Graham execution, for example, he said to Houston-area blacks that "f you feel that you just got to mug somebody because of your hurt and your pain, go to River Oaks and mug you some good white folks." This was not the kind of publicity that the Nation of Islam wanted, so they kicked him out.

Not long after that, Quanell X joined up with the New Black Panthers, where he's basically been ever since. Yet despite his past and his current affiliations, Quanell remains a disturbingly influencial person. He's won kudos as a valuable voice in the community from City Councilwoman Ada Edwards. For a while, he was on the state payroll thanks to State Representative Ron Wilson (D-Houston). He even spoke before the Houston Area Young Republicans on one occassion. Political kryptonite he isn't.

Perhaps with his arrest, Quanell X will finally become the utter outcast he deserves to be.

(Information for this article from: Vitriolic Visionary, By Tony Freemantle, Houston Chronicle, March 2001).

• Options
    edited November -1

No.
    ...and put his head on a pike pole at the front gate. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    Quanell X is a community activist trying to better his people,so if they can steal more they live better. He heads up the new black panthers,I remember the original black panthers,they were just the nicest people you could meet. Unless it was in a dark alley or on a deserted street or if you were outnunbered by 10 to one. Great people, pillars of society. This guy must think Jackson and Sharpton are getting to old for this stuff.

Ever notice how televison shows and movies out of Hollywood always portrays racists as being white guys? I mean it is totally one-sided. They just love the Quanell X,s and Malcolm X's, and Louis Farrakhan's, and Jeremiah Wright's, and __________ ! [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

No.
    ...and put his head on a pike pole at the front gate. [:D]

Whatever you do, don't hang a noose! [:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody have a link to the "Joe Horn Civil Litigation Defense Fund?" I'd like to donate.[:)]
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I heard they were going to rewrite the slogan, "Don't mess with Texas" to say "Don't mess with Texan's."

Good for Mr. Horn, and he would be welcomed as my neighbor any day.[;)]
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    FANTASTIC !!!

Don't TELL me that there isn't SOME justice left in the world !!

God bless them Texans !!
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am glad, and surprised, that Mr. Horn got off.
    Those two got what they deserved.
  • Options
    triple223taptriple223tap Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Joe Horn got off because, in Texas, what he did was protected.

So, in Texas, if it's night time, and a 14 year old kid is stealing apples from your neighbor's tree, you can whup out your 12 ga and blow his stealin' * away. No problem, no charges, no conviction.

Joe Horn is a Texas hero.

and we need to give that stinkhole back to Mexico.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by triple223tap

So, in Texas, if it's night time, and a 14 year old kid is stealing apples from your neighbor's tree, you can whup out your 12 ga and blow his stealin' * away. No problem, no charges, no conviction.

Big difference in a kid stealing apples growing on a tree and two adult males breaking and entering while commiting burglary.
    Don't do the crime and you wont have to worry now will you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP

Big difference in a kid stealing apples growing on a tree and two adult males breaking and entering while commiting burglary.

+1
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:and we need to give that stinkhole back to Mexico.

No..actually, we need to give the poster of this drivel back to Mexico..where it belongs.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1

That is an awful thing to say!

I suspect you are just a mite touchy, final stages of syphilis of the * and all...
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1

im going to teaxas to visit, and would like to invite you over to help me carry a television. [}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kyplumber

im going to teaxas to visit, and would like to invite you over to help me carry a television. [}:)]

that's good[:D]
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    excellent decision![^]..after reading this it makes me want to move to texas...at least texans are allowed to look after their neighbours and their property![^]

remember the alamo!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170

that's good[:D]

His wife gave the command, but she wants a new flat screen first, preferably from one of the Vidor boys:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1

PLEASE come to my house first...
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always said that the only chance you got for fair shake in our CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM is from a Grand Jury.

No lawyers or judges, just plain old folks.

I'm glad he got No Billed. Every law abiding citizen should shoot at least one burglar in their lifetime.

Eventually we might get em all.

Bode
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If everyone shot just one little burglar, how well we could all sleep at night!
  • Options
    texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1

....and we need to give that stinkhole back to Mexico.

Perhaps you should enlighten yourself with the facts of the case prior to condemnation. The undercover LEO onscene actually solidified the ruling by stating that the pair was considerably closer to Horn when he shot them than they were when he told them to stop. It doesn't matter if he shot them in the head, foot or back - fact was, they came at Horn and he shot them after he told them to stop.

And if your last comment means you won't be coming to visit anytime soon, we will dilgently keep the stinkhole fires burning....
  • Options
    edited November -1

No difference under Tex-* law. Kid stealing apples at night is fair game. Shoot him in the back, get off scott free.

What a stink hole.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All I'm hearing is some sort of clown punching sound.
  • Options
    edited November -1

PLEASE come to my house first...

me or him
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All I'm hearing is some sort of clown punching sound.

The real clowns are Texans. LMAO!`
  • Options
    edited November -1

No difference under Tex-* law. Kid stealing apples at night is fair game. Shoot him in the back, get off scott free.

What a stink hole.

Hey guys, he's right!

All of us Texans remember the big "Apple Tree Kid Shooting of '93..."

Remember? The home owner got off scott free!

We need to listen to TRIPLE-TAP-OUT. Nobody knows a stink hole better!
  • Options
    edited November -1

What a stink hole.

For the first time in my life, let me say God bless Texas!

I will start capitalizing the word Texas from now on.
  • Options
    texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1

What a stink hole.

Hey guys, he's right!

All of us Texans remember the big "Apple Tree Kid Shooting of '93..."

Remember? The home owner got off scott free!

Yes, but Mateo, you know full well in that shooting the homeowner had a valid Texas Hunting License. However, since he wasn't in season, I do think the homeowner was assessed a minimal fine, and the apple tree kid was confiscated and donated to a needy family....