In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Automotive resurrection poll / thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
    edited November -1
    International Scout II
    Late 60's early 70's Jeep truck.
    70's Ford Bronco. The short sized one.

My step dad had two international truck in storage.
    I'd love to get one of them running again.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I had to have one car, HIGH SPEED ASSAULT it would be a

1970 Hemi SuperBird I would settle for the 440 Super Commando.
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Power Wagon
    Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-45
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by use enough gun
    quote:Originally posted by gjshaw
    AAR Cuda with the hemi. They were a blast to drive.

The AAR Cuda came with a 340 six pack.

I agree, the standard aar cuda did come with a 340 six pack. The hemi?s were a special order from the factory. Not many were made with the hemi?s. I saw one on Barrett Jackson sold for high dollars a couple of years back.
  • Options
    bundybundy Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    58 2 door Chevy Impala

66 Chevy Fleetside PU

32 or 34 Ford coupe

Make them as easy to work on as the originals but with modern technology for ease of upkeep and dependability and safety.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dodge warlock - in the late 70's dodge put out some really neat variations and limited editions of their full size trucks

The demise of SAAB - they made some good stuff in the 70's

Saab sonnet coupe was one

BMW 2002 coupe from the 70's - good little cars

Mike
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,433 ******
    edited November -1
    It sure was cool when you could identify a car or truck coming at you down the road a half mile away! Each vehicle had such different chrome laden front end "faces", many were true works of art!

An old neighbor of ours had one of those late 50's Ford convertibles equipped with the retractable roof. With the push of a button the trunk lid would rise up and the hard top would glide into the trunk!
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    Jaguar XKE
    jaguar_xke.JPG

They're you go...my Dad had a friend that had two white ones, one hard top and one convertible
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    '94-'96 Caprice/Impala with LS3 or better with option of stick on the floor. With the option of high tech as back in the '90s [:D] (might as well be no tech).
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    For me it's a toss up; either a 69 or 70 Z28 Camaro. I really wanted a 69 Z28, but waited on the new design 70 Z28 to be released and bought one as soon as I could order it. As much as I loved my 70 Z28, I always liked the looks of the 69 Z.

you can get every part to build one today
    Camaro Full Body Assembly, Coupe, Heater Delete, 1968

Camaro Full Body Assembly, Coupe, Heater Delete, 1968

1968 Coupe Full Body Assembly With Heater Delete

Part #:

33-295822-1

Price:

$17,160.99 ea.

zzsTXzMl.jpg
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes there are about a dozen cars and trucks that can be nearly reproduced from scratch - the early Mustang and camaro are prime examples

There are some that take older vehicles and nearly rebuild and redesign them from what's left of an original (like ICON with its salamander logo)

And even some like the jaguar xke continuation series are built by the original manufacture at great cost

A lot of time or money or both are required for them

Also we have kit cars or conversions (the Shelby cobra for one - and a company that takes new modern camaros and turns them into firebirds and trans ams)

And certain vehicles like the prowler or ssr pu or Thunderbird pay homage to or are somewhat like what once was

But keep the resurrection ideas coming as its been good reading and good ideas

Mike
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,433 ******
    edited November -1
    Way back when cars didn't sell for the price of houses, the average guy could afford to buy some pretty cool rides!

IMO, all of the new retro remakes of mustangs, etc are about as far away from the originals as the magnetic poles!

I got rid of my small collection of vintage cars mainly because I found the newer driving machines of the times were so much more comfortable and convienient in comparison.

Lets face it. The rust that was built into many of the muscle age autos where you saw it forming within a year or two of new, and if you were lucky got 100,000 miles on an engine. Pure SUCKED!!

The beautiful lines and architecture of many car designs was astounding but like snowflakes in cold weather, they only lasted a short time and were gone.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Blower Bentley

Bugatti Royale

V-12 and/or V-16 Cadillac

Gas Turbine Ford Semi-Tractor

1952 Dodge Power Wagon
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Blower Bentley

Bugatti Royale

V-12 and/or V-16 Cadillac

Gas Turbine Ford Semi-Tractor

1952 Dodge Power Wagon

A 50 power wagon on an auction site, $10,200 and less than 20 hours to go. Maybe a good price if it doesn't go much higher. Needs a "little TLC" [:D][:D]
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Dodge-Power-Wagon/202348064052?hash=item2f1ce26d34:g:F7UAAOSwBrlbLOXT
  • Options
    jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anything with a manual transmission
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would like to have seen the Tucker survive as it was way ahead of its time, but was killed off by politicians in GM's pockets. Too bad.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to see an affordable truck built.

Just a truck, no fancy stuff.

I have a 1974 Dodge Power Wagon W100 that would be a great model. Rubber floor mats, wing windows, V-8, 4 speed, roll down windows and a bench seat.
    RLTW