In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Are you scared enough to let this happen?

capguncapgun Member Posts: 1,848
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Would you be scared enough of one bad guy to let this happen in your town? Personally, I would be daring him to show his face around me. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/29/ron-paul-police-manhunt-boston-marathon-bombing-su/

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything but this time I agree 100%.

The Police/Feds effectively conducted a Cordon and Search on an American town...............I thought I would never see that.

[V][V][V]

I understand the danger these guys posed but I have a hard time agreeing that was the correct method. No I don't have an answer but it really goes against the grain with me.

We have given up too many of our freedoms for the illusion of security.

Each erosion of our freedoms is a win for the terrorists.
    RLTW

• Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Ron Paul and his son are crackpots, wild eyed loons. Should have stuck with their original professions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Ron Paul and his son are crackpots, wild eyed loons. Should have stuck with their original professions.
    Calling someone names really does not address the situation we are discussing.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I'd swear you were among those telling us that the door to door searches were voluntary and that home owners could and did refuse the entry teams.

How many of us here would welcome SWAT into our homes to look around? I don't have anything illegal but I don't really want them gazing at my collection either or seeing the amount of ammo I might have. People see things and their minds run wild. Pretty soon you have a federal case on your hands when the 4th Amendment is supposed to protect you from this very thing. And you call it the opinion of crackpots to have a problem with it. Nice. [V]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    LOL!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz

I'd swear you were among those telling us that the door to door searches were voluntary and that home owners could and did refuse the entry

I don't know about "did", but I know they could have as it was a request not an order.

But maybe I'm wrong. I just live here and got my information first hand, not a report of a report of a report. I guess I should listen to you and your conspiracy theories instead of the facts...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18

I'd swear you were among those telling us that the door to door searches were voluntary and that home owners could and did refuse the entry

I don't know about "did", but I know they could have as it was a request not an order.

But maybe I'm wrong. I just live here and got my information first hand, not a report of a report of a report. I guess I should listen to you and your conspiracy theories instead of the facts...
    Zing!
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    Ron Paul and his son are for freedom, not what the left want you to believe is freedom!
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well The government does not care! Might makes right and absolute power corrupts absolutely. These roving searches are legal under The NDAA act but the government is not going to invoke it because they don't/didn't have too!

Whats so funny is they couldn't find the guy until an honest citizen reported it!

Then several hundred shots with a machine gun didn't even kill the guy in the boat. Amateurs all the way around! [:D]

serf

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/surreal-sight-swat-teams-banal-suburbs-boston/64398/
  • Options
    edited November -1

So you heard it from the rumor mill. Fine all I am asking you to do it prove it with Video. JUst post it. Video has already been posted showing the opposite is true. And your opinion makes no tactical sense. Do you really think they would go to the trouble of searching a block and be ok with leaving a few houses un searched? That would defeat the purpose.

Until you can prove your point of view it's you spreading conspiracy theories here not me. If you can't prove it with video showing it to be true I'd suggest just not bringing it up anymore. You keep doing this and you will run the risk of being considered an outright liar.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Paul and his fellow crackpot near-anarchists believe in things that did not happen, produce proof that is made up or proves the opposite of what they say and routinely demand that sane people produce proof of the opposite of their claims in the act of not happening.

Who the hell can make sense of these people except their fellow Anti-America, Anti-Reason, Let's All Go Play At The Cliff's Edge of Anarchy Nut Jobs?

No forced shutdown of Boston happened. No orders issued. People were asked and people saw the reasons as being painfully real and gruesomely obvious. Naturally all the quack conspiracy sleuths "see" everything in these events except that which is there in front of them.

As to the original "Are you scared" question? No, I do not live in fear. I lack the essential, foundational and defining cowardice or self-awarded license to panic that has turned some Americans into screaming little girls running around in circles because a bug crawled out in front of them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Video has already been posted showing the opposite is true.

No, it has not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YES it has. In two threads one of which was poofed. Send me an Email I will link you directly. Time to stop peddling Bull Crap. Your readers here are not that stupid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Paul and his fellow crackpot near-anarchists believe in things that did not happen, produce proof that is made up or proves the opposite of what they say and routinely demand that sane people produce proof of the opposite of their claims in the act of not happening.

Who the hell can make sense of these people except their fellow Anti-America, Anti-Reason, Let's All Go Play At The Cliff's Edge of Anarchy Nut Jobs?

No forced shutdown of Boston happened. No orders issued. People were asked and people saw the reasons as being painfully real and gruesomely obvious. Naturally all the quack conspiracy sleuths "see" everything in these events except that which is there in front of them.

As to the original "Are you scared" question? No, I do not live in fear. I lack the essential, foundational and defining cowardice or self-awarded license to panic that has turned some Americans into screaming little girls running around in circles because a bug crawled out in front of them.

LOL!
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

LOL!

It's pretty bad if even Mr. Perfect can recognize the level of denial in a post. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

No, it has not.
    I guess this is your voluntary search. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I guess this is your voluntary search. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8

That did not look very voluntary.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe you former military and police can confirm here but I don't think there is such a concept as voluntary search in a cordon and search situation? It just seems to be the hight of delusion to defend the searches by saying they voluntary.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by capgun

No, it has not.
    I guess this is your voluntary search. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8

Same bullpuckey previously posted with zero facts behind it. No one has posted the details of that search. A video out of context with only a complex imagined pile of political spin.

We do don't know the who, the what, or the when. But you folks go crazy over a single video you know nothing about, acting as if it were happening door to door to the entire city.

You have lost the capacity for reasoning. Which explains the blind faith in outfits like the Washington Times, World Net Daily, Info Wars, Paul the Elder or Paul the Younger.
  • Options
    edited November -1

No, it has not.

Same bullpuckey previously posted with zero facts behind it. No one has posted the details of that search. A video out of context with only a complex imagined pile of political spin.

We do don't know the who, the what, or the when. But you folks go crazy over a single video you know nothing about, acting as if it were happening door to door to the entire city.

You have lost the capacity for reasoning. Which explains the blind faith in outfits like the Washington Times, World Net Daily, Info Wars, Paul the Elder or Paul the Younger.

Fact is they got caught in the act,now if the government wanted to discount the out cry they could just say this house was of suspicious nature of Caucasian Muslims being known to live or visit there or enact The dreaded NDAA action. Neither have been applied.

The video in question is not a voluntary act by any means of imagination! There is vested interest here to keep the sheep from the running water and not get spooked! Too bad the neighbor caught them in the act and it's all over the internet.

Now we will see how they act next time around and I will give you this much.All the searches did not go down this way. But one is enough to make me feel intimidated by authorities.

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1

No, it has not.

BUZZZZZZ! Gone! Wrongo! They interviewed some of the people who were ordered out, they left nothing to the imagination.

Why don't you go peddle your crap on Democratic underground. You are no friend of gun owners.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

No, it has not.

Fact is they got caught in the act,now if the government wanted to discount the out cry they could just say this house was of suspicious nature of Caucasian Muslims being known to live or visit there or enact The dreaded NDAA action. Neither have been applied.

The video in question is not a voluntary act by any means of imagination! There is vested interest here to keep the sheep from the running water and not get spooked! Too bad the neighbor caught them in the act and it's all over the internet.

Now we will see how they act next time around and I will give you this much.All the searches did not go down this way. But one is enough to make me feel intimidated by authorities.

serf

I'm still waiting for the video showing voluntary searches.......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

serf

Facts? What facts? You do not know what is going on in that video. You do not know who the people are. You do not know why the police are there. All you know is you are scared, and you are making up stuff to explain your fear. You are inventing "facts" and proclaiming them as chiseled in granite.

Boston is a big heavily populated place. Where are all the lawsuits from folks forced to submit to searches? There would be dozens if not hundreds the way you people chatter on.

Stories on various news sites have quotes from the ACLU. They've had inquiries on this video and other police activities generally during the hunt for the bombers. But no one has come to them who actually experienced such a search.

Maybe they will come out and complain and file lawsuits soon.

In which case you can amp up your crazy some more.

Won't that be nice?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Let Obama live with his legacy for color has nothing to do with it.

serf

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

Frederick Douglass
  • Options
    WEASEL-88WEASEL-88 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I voted for Rand Paul and would do it again, one of the few in Washington with any balls.
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Voluntary? It's sad to see this once great country come to this!
    JW
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WEASEL-88
    I voted for Rand Paul and would do it again, one of the few in Washington with any balls.
    When it comes to the Pauls, Ron got the lion's share of testicular endowment.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    lksmith03lksmith03 Member Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

They probably could've "refused" in the same way I "could've refused"
    letting the cops search my truck when 4 of those crooked cops had their guns drawn pointed at my head with fingers on the triggers, while 2 more searched my truck without asking or a warrant, when all I was doing was sitting in a parking lot on a hill (better reception) talking on my CB in High School
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

No, it has not.

So, if "We don't know the who, the what, or the when", why are you insisting so vehemently that illegal searches DID NOT occur?

I'll readily admit supporting law enforcement when this incident occurred, but that video (which I hadn't seen before now) chilled me to the core.
  • Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1

No, it has not.

Are you nuts man? I just watched a whole house of people being forced out of a house at gunpoint. Its cut and dry man!! That was nazi tactics. Dosnt matter who they were, they didnt do the shooting or bombing, and just got their home seached without a warrent.

Are you in denial, or are you just being stupid?
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,043 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by catgunguy
    Ron Paul and his son are for freedom, not what the left want you to believe is freedom!
    +1
  • Options
    GashaulerGashauler Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will start this off with noting I normally fall somewhere in between Chris and Waco and generally try not to choose sides.

But I am with Chris on this one. There is no context, no given street address and no conclusion to the video.

If it were indeed a Watertown search why didn't they show the end of the video where the people are allowed back in their house? For all we know it could have been what I would call a "warrant raid" for lack of a better term, where the police are searching for a suspect that has warrants and is known to frequent that address. BTW I would think most of those searches do involve search warrants.

Keep in mind I am not saying that stuff like this did not happen and maybe this is video of it actually happening, but I have to many questions about this video to just accept it at face value.

I say this knowing the flame is coming but there is utterly no proof that this was in Watertown. Yes I am uncomfortable with the idea of "we are coming in whether you like it or not and no we don't have a warrant" but this video fails to provide me with the solid proof that I am looking for.

Edited for punctuation and paragraph structure
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The video was reported as occurring the day of the searches and was posted the day after the searches. The only follow up I could find was that the residents were allowed back in the house after 5 minutes. No reason to show that, the poster wanted to show the threatening contact. Look at the large number of personnel, wearing different uniforms, and even a plain clothes officer standing around. Did look like the Watertown searches. If this was a warrant search for an individual the Officers would have identified the people being removed and cuffed the persons they wanted immediately. Other unwanted occupants would not be removed from the house. If the other people were suspects being detained they would have been cuffed and controlled. After these occupants were patted down they were just standing down the street waiting. The way the Officers entered the house was not like any standard SWAT entry. They just casually walked into the house one at a time with no concern for tactics. Looked a routine house search they were doing that day. If anyone has any other info contradicing that lets hear it.
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Been sick a few days myself, so am behind on all this. Just what did you do when they asked to search your house or are you getting info from another source?
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As to the OP we see this happen on a smaller scale all the time, locking down schools and neighbor hoods looking for a car thief. Not much of a step to shut down the town.

I wonder what would have happened to a honest person out for a drive in the during this voluntary lock down? You know just out getting milk or a doughnut?
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Gashauler
    I will start this off with noting I normally fall somewhere in between Chris and Waco and generally try not to choose sides.

But I am with Chris on this one. There is no context, no given street address and no conclusion to the video.

If it were indeed a Watertown search why didn't they show the end of the video where the people are allowed back in their house? For all we know it could have been what I would call a "warrant raid" for lack of a better term, where the police are searching for a suspect that has warrants and is known to frequent that address. BTW I would think most of those searches do involve search warrants.

Keep in mind I am not saying that stuff like this did not happen and maybe this is video of it actually happening, but I have to many questions about this video to just accept it at face value.

I say this knowing the flame is coming but there is utterly no proof that this was in Watertown. Yes I am uncomfortable with the idea of "we are coming in whether you like it or not and no we don't have a warrant" but this video fails to provide me with the solid proof that I am looking for.

Edited for punctuation and paragraph structure

NO flame but seriously you need to drop the idea that this might be some older footage or not the searches connected to the Boston bombing. It is and was reported as such.
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1

Yeah! Couple of * doctors, what do they know! Let's put some super smart and ethical lawyers in their spots.

IMO if you don't agree with about 90% of what RP says about our government YOU are part of the problem.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pressure cookers, where is the outrage? Ban 'em I say, especially those with high-cap pressure valves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's gone crazy now! Some kid saw some graffiti on a bathroom wall in school saying "All will die"(date) and the school district has clamped down and let parents have their kids skip school that day!

It won't be long before everyone is going to be running around worried about the next psycho and having everyone in school,church or any meeting be given a mental background check yearly! Example below!

serf

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/bradshaw-gets-1-million-for-violence-prevention-un/nXbs4/

Bradshaw plans to use the extra $1 million to launch "prevention intervention" units featuring specially trained deputies, mental health professionals and caseworkers. The teams will respond to citizen phone calls to a 24-hour hotline with a knock on the door and a referral to services, if needed.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Rand Paul is anti-American??? Wow, not sure where you get your facts from, but I'd be willing to bet he loves this country as much or more than you do! Definitely more than Mr and Mrs Obama!