In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus Judge

59BURST59BURST Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
Looking for opinions on who has shot these in either 3" or 6" barrel. Thanks ..

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am interested in the revolver for home protection. Any comments on the Judge, good/bad. Does it handle and fire well? Any opinion is welcomed. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my first post.can the judge use any type of 45cal?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can any one tell me if they are having the same problem I am having with this pistol. I just purchased the Matte Stainless Steel version. 2-1/2 cylinder w/ 3" Barrel. When I shoot my cylinder gets hung up against the back frame. Using no reloads, Winchester loads.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The new taurus judge has a 3 inch chamber and will shoot 45 l. colt, 454 casull, 45 shofield and of course the 3 inch 410 shotgun shells. OK. I know they all fit and will fire. They even beefed it up to handle the pressures of the casull, but what about the 2 inch jump of the bullet from the case to the barrel? Doesn't this pose a pressure loss around the bullet and somewhat random hitting the rifling (tilting) of the bullet? If this question was asked already, please excuse me. I was wondering what the community thought.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just got a Taurus Judge with a 6 inch barrel. My question is this, can I fire 45 colt ammo also. I know about 45 L/C and 410 shotgun shells.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the information from MBsama,Tocamola,Don Mcmanus,TXLawdog, fordsix for the replies.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Does it shoot OK after you clean it? A friend has the same problem with shot shells. We figure it is unburnt powder locking the gun up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    Does it shoot OK after you clean it? A friend has the same problem with shot shells. We figure it is unburnt powder locking the gun up.

I have not tried it again. It marked the rear frame pretty good. I called Taurus & they told me to send it to them for inspection. Thanks for your reply. Dave
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a lot of "Problem with my Taurus Judge" threads posted here, leading to the conclusion that quality is pretty hit or miss in this model, like other Taurus models, and yes, others have had the same for similar problems. Good luck in getting any satisfaction from Taurus, I hope you do, many don't. I also have a (different model) Taurus and hope never to have to send it back for service.
  • Options
    lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my new judge arrived and i could not pull the trigger,must have been 20lbs,i got a lot of good advice some on this site,got it where i could shoot.
    i went to the range fired i shot(410,tight fit)cylinder jammed and wont rotate,cant open it still has 4 loaded in it.any suggestions ?
    i will post for help but wanted to respond to 59burst.
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got one of the first ones with long cylinder. Works fine so far but hard ejecting 3" .410 empties. Have to bump them free on the heel of my boot.

edit I came to same conclusion about the chamber step. I have been shooting up a lot of old ammo collected here and there.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rhmc24
    I got one of the first ones with long cylinder. Works fine so far but hard ejecting 3" .410 empties. Have to bump them free on the heel of my boot.

There is a internal flange in the chambers, to prevent dummies from chambering .454 Casual & .460 S & W. This causes problems with the extraction and ejection of shotgun shells. When I had my Judge the shells that caused me the least problems, were Winchester A A's with the thick plastic walls.
  • Options
    MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the 2-1/2" chamber, 4"bbl "Ultra-lite"
    Only problem so far is I need to pull empty .410 cases out by hand.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent the gun back on 5/2/09. I heard they are realllly slooooow to repair. I hope they give me a new pistol. I checked the status on there site. They showed they received the gun, but not yet worked on. I only shot 30 rounds out of the gun. I feel they should replace it. I am going to keep being persistant with them. Hopefully I can get some results.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of luck, please keep us posted on the results. Generally speaking the reports regarding Taurus service have not been encouraging. I hope my two Taurus never need go in.
  • Options
    lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes, axact same problem.i looked for help on gunandgame,there is lots of detailed advicehave a look.

this judge will fire everything else,but when i put a winchester shell in it jams ist time.

i bought an u/l shoots everything no problem.

gl

pat