In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

German Holster Identification - Help

MarvMarv Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a holster that came with a vet bring back Astra 300. The holster wasn't originally designed for the Astra and I can't find what model pistol it is for. It is black pebble grain and may or may not be leather/pigskin. It is Waffenamt marked WaA279 and I believe the manufacturers code is dtv for C. Otto Gehrckens, Leder und Riemenwerk, Pinneberg, S-H. The date is 4? or ?4 I can't tell. All I can see is a 4. What limited info my research has returned is that it should be for PP. I have tried PP's and PPK's and they don't work. And the holster is way to small for a P-08 or P-38. The gun would have a long butt and thin barrel/slide. A .32 PP magazine fits the spare magazine pouch but the pouch would take a longer magazine. I'm leaning toward a FN - Browning model 1922. Can anyone ID the holster or the pistol it is for? I can post pictures if it helps. Thanks Marv

Comments