In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

German Holster Identification - Help

MarvMarv Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a holster that came with a vet bring back Astra 300. The holster wasn't originally designed for the Astra and I can't find what model pistol it is for. It is black pebble grain and may or may not be leather/pigskin. It is Waffenamt marked WaA279 and I believe the manufacturers code is dtv for C. Otto Gehrckens, Leder und Riemenwerk, Pinneberg, S-H. The date is 4? or ?4 I can't tell. All I can see is a 4. What limited info my research has returned is that it should be for PP. I have tried PP's and PPK's and they don't work. And the holster is way to small for a P-08 or P-38. The gun would have a long butt and thin barrel/slide. A .32 PP magazine fits the spare magazine pouch but the pouch would take a longer magazine. I'm leaning toward a FN - Browning model 1922. Can anyone ID the holster or the pistol it is for? I can post pictures if it helps. Thanks Marv

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Yes, you need to post clear pictures of the front and back. One of the front should have the flap wide open.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    unk-front.jpg
    unk-back.jpg
    unk-open.jpg
    unk-open2.jpg

The markings are faint and I couldn't get the show up in the photos.

Thanks for looking
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Found a picture of a similar one, i.e. "Black pebble rain leather", "Similar construction", "External magazine pouch", Dimensions 5.75 X 7.25. In a reference.

They were manufactured for the 1922 Browning.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Great pictures Sharp focus and detailed. also great holster. Pebble grain holsters will bring more money then smooth .I can see the outline from the astra in the flap.This however mostlikely not correct pistol for holster. I agree with RUFE-SNOW I think it is for a 1922 Browning.
  • Options
    WWII_EnthusiastWWII_Enthusiast Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me know if you are going to list this, I need one -thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I probably won't sell it. Keeping it gives me an excuse to buy a new gun. And needing to fill an empty holster is a good as any of the others I've used recently.

Thanks to all for the replies and information.