In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Browning Safari Bolt Rifle

Mike FinkMike Fink Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
I would like to know the TPI and diameter of the threads on a long action Belgian Browning Safari bolt rifle barrel. These are the "step" barrels. Thanks, Mike

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only dimensions give in de Haas's book are for F.N..222 Bench Rest Action. They are the same as for 98 Mauser. 1.100 O. D., 12 "V" TPI, 5/8 length.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you called Browning??
  • ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mauser threads make sense as many early Brownings were built on Mauser 98 receivers and a "step barrel" would suggest an early version. What kind of serial number does it have? Pictures would be good, especially of the receiver area.
  • Mike FinkMike Fink Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe- That is what I suspicion, using my DeHass book. I haven't called Browning, Duck, and probably won't. I don't own the rifle yet Ern 98, but Item # 72833657 will suffice for pictures. I think these were made 1959 to 72 or so. I have a Sako action safari in 243 and one in 308. Those are 16 TPI and 1.00. Sorry I can't be of more help.Regards, Mike