In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ever been stopped by a

2»

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I got busted by a game warden in Boundary Waters Park in Minnesota, on the Canada line.
    A Game Warden stopped at our camp, and he spotted a bottle of Jack Daniels. I got hit with a ticket and a $55 fine.
    What a criminal! And it wasn't the booze that was illegal, it was the glass bottle. The idea being, you were supposed to bring plastic bottles, and burn them.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I forgot about this one!

Got stopped another time by Game & Fish in Kansas when we were pheasant hunting. Guy was a total dick. Asked us for all our licenses (there were about 8 of us). Then this butthead made us all unload our shotguns in front of him (for his "protection", he said). Then this guy wanted to count everyone's shells as they unloaded to make sure we were legal. He was being a dick, but it wasn't too bad...yet! THEN this jack-wagon wanted to see everyone's plugs! No kidding! I was carrying my Browning Gold Hunter, and getting the plug out of one of these sucks. He didn't care, he wanted to see them. The Winchesters were easy, but a couple of us had Brownings and he made everyone wait while we broke those shotguns down to get the plugs out so he could see them. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper! BUT...it gets even better!

Later that same day...THE SAME DUDE (and one of his buddies in another G&F truck) STOPPED US AGAIN!!! Same drill! I was mad as a hornet then!! Got his badge number and sent in a formal written complaint to Kansas Dept. of Wildlife on that one! Told him I was going to also. He didn't care. Never heard anything back though.

Homey don' play dat Chit!!

<think I pushed that one out of my mind because I get mad even writing about it!>

I was a paramedic in central Georgia. We had a big lake in our county, Lake Sinclair. We had a program where a paramedic would ride along in a DNR boat on 4th of July, Labor Day etc. in case there was a medical emergency on the lake. On the big holidays they brought in rangers from across the state to work the lake. I was riding along for a 10 hour shift on the 4th of July, and the Game Warden I was with started writing tickets. In an area near the dock, top speed was 5 mph and he clocked a guy doing 7, he gave him a ticket. He would stop a boat for a 15 minute search, and write a ticket for a strap missing on a life preserver. Honestly I was embarassed to be in the company of this jerk.

I asked him why he was being so tough on all the civilians. He said that he was from out of town, from Dublin Ga, which was 90 miles away. He said he didn't want anything to do with Lake Sinclair detail. So his strategy was to write every chicken crap ticket he could, in hopes that Ga. DNR would get so many complaints, that they would let him stay at home in Dublin next year and not have to work Lake Sinclair detail any more.