In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What Are You Using As Your Bedside Gun...

2»

Comments

• Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭
    We have the kids set up down the hall in a listening post... :o
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Makailas friend coast guard Amy brought me a project box - CVS warehouse tote full of bits and pieces - vintage parts and take offs - remainders and reminders of her time in the USCG when she ran the detail of boarding and door knocking / in port security detail

I took her 10 gauge Ithaca LAPD pump action shotgun and turned it into a zombie apocalypse inland coastal / littoral trench warfare gun...

Barrel cut back to 17" with an overbuilt heavy duty crown pattern doorknocker affixed to the muzzle - barrel has been magnaported - magazine tube end cap has an integrateded crimson trace laser - magazine tube has been altered to be almost as long as the barrel - top of barrel has a perforated heat guard (top of receiver has a short section of AR rail to allow use of a holo sight or shotgun optic or Williams fire sight and a small section at the muzzle to take a heavy duty ghost ring or Williams front element )

Side of the recover shell carrier installed - ace trigger shoe installed - oversized bolt handle installed...

Mike

• Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    Sig Sauer P226 Elite (Sig 9mm 124-grain hollow points) next to me and a Mossberg 12 gauge ("LE" 00 buck) 4 feet away.
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

That sounds like an extraordinary weapon, I would like to see the finished product!

• Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Colt 1911 on my side and a Kimber K6S .357 on her side, both as back up for the Miniature Aussie and JRT on the bed,  the Idaho * at the foot of the bed.

lots of noise and teeth to get through before unwanted visitors get to the lead stage.

Crazy, can't even type in the name of a dog breed without auto sensor.
    Mule
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭

Video cameras, alarm system, chiweenie , in a gun vault pistol safe is SIG P250C in .40S&W and my wife’s S&W Bodyguard .380.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

My Pit Buddy, will be more than Happy to Chomp on an intruder, while I decide which Firearm to engage with. My only worry, will/would be to make sure that I do not engage my dog, while he is chewing on the intruder.

Beyond that, it is Game On.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    figure they have to make it through/around the wife before they get to me, trust me anyone who wakes her before her alarm goes off isn't in for a pleasant experience............
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    1911 loaded with .45ACP Hornady XTP 185gr. hollow points > perfect for two  legged animals!
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,043 ✭✭✭✭
    mogley98 said:
    Dull butter knife with the dangerous slightly pointed end rounded off further and my HAND gun with index finger barrel Phew Phew! I have no more dangerous stinking guns in my house since the trip up the lake
     :D 
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,074 ******
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    Bullshot - What happened with those grip screws  ? Yuck ! (sorry , just had to mention them on a Colt no less. I won't mention the crude lettering on the slide ! ) I know it is sort of * for me to point them out - Sorry
    What do I have for a bedside protection thingy ?  Shock & Awe just in case my ugly don't scare them away.