In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

garage door pull

2»

Comments

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Just saw the noose on Fox news, picture released by NASCAR, almost a real hang man's noose, not enough loops. This is not the picture they were showing on the internet earlier. Photo shop is your friend
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    We used to have a rough approximation of a hangman's noose for a door pull on my old shop. It had absolutely nothing to do with the idea of hanging a black man, just a way to make a door pull loop more interesting. 

It always has to be based on race with most blacks,....it's just more convenient I think.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******

If a true noose on the door pull, wouldn’t it tighten up on your hand while pulling the door down?

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,610 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok  If the photo  ( posted every where today )is the real door pull found  i will give them it does look like a noose 
    but not worthy of the entire country and FBI getting on the PC  band wagon just to in the  news BS 
     to me just like the has been actress's who keep getting in the news showing off there new plastic surgery and asset LOL 
    trying to grab what ever attention they can 
    the small liking I still had for NASCAR which was almost nothing is now nothing for sure . they can kiss my old rebel * goodbye  

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    I will say it one more time.......NASCAR is dead.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭

Definitely a noose like handle, and if it was on every door, I'd interpret it to mean more than one NASCAR heavyweight thinks that all lives matter. This based on the BLM emblazoned car and T-Shirt of the driver. That said, I can't vouch for the picture being legit.

What's next?
  • Options

Added: On second thought, this sort of publicity is exactly what one might expect from the lunatic left.

What's next?
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    As a point of order, all of the original B&W photos of the garage doors showing several pull ropes have been sanitized by the media and replaced with color photos of the drivers pushing Bubba's car.
    NASCAR's Steve Phelps is pushing the new photo of the latest version of the pull rope supposedly found in Bubba's garage. He is presenting a new story contrary to the FBI findings favoring Bubba Wallace as a stalwart hero of the sport and a victim.
    As an aside, Bubba is not 'black' he is mulatto, a child of a white parent and black parent.
    Best.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    Adding to the furor, there is now a photo purportedly showing the noose - but the new photo shows a perfectly clean rope untouched by mechanic hands, and a knot wholly different from the original photos.
    What this says is that somebody has planted evidence, committed fraud, and shown genuine race baiting. The FBI now has a real reason to investigate - including why the touted new cameras missed seeing this new rope being installed.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    All things considered, it was likely just another racist publicity stunt that these type of militant activists thrive on.  Consider, for example, that Fox News reported earlier this week(?) that the last six such "noose hate crime stories" pushed by fake news to the max were all hoaxes.   
    What's next?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited June 2020
    Ok  If the photo  ( posted every where today )is the real door pull found  i will give them it does look like a noose 
    but not worthy of the entire country and FBI getting on the PC  band wagon just to in the  news BS 
     to me just like the has been actress's who keep getting in the news showing off there new plastic surgery and asset LOL 
    trying to grab what ever attention they can 
    the small liking I still had for NASCAR which was almost nothing is now nothing for sure . they can kiss my old rebel * goodbye  

That's fake as a $3 bill and not the image I've seen. The one I saw showed several of the garage doors and they all had  garage door pull ropes with a fixed loop knot at the end. The main thing that looks fishy here is the length and cleanliness of the rope. This would be too long if the door is all the way up. You can see it's shoulder height in the photos at this link:

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, that's the new "more noosey-looking" rope and knot. Note the grease-free loop untouched by any mechanic's hands, the increased number of turns compared to the original photo, and the heavier rope. I'll say it again...whoever created this one ought to be well and truly prosecuted.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,041 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭
    All of ours (door pulls) are tied with a Bowline.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,261 ✭✭✭✭
    Bubba was on Watters World last night on Fox.  He is unapolagetic.  He says it was a noose and he regards himself as a victim.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    NASCAR....Negro's  Are Simply Crazy About Racism
  • Options
    These same skunks have the Mississippi GOP governor in their hip pocket as well.  He is doing everything he can to replace the Mississippi state flag as of right now.
    What's next?