In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Video shows how dangerous a man with a knife is

2»

Comments

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭
    When I first watched it on another site, I thought she was doing a lot of missing. But read a story that the guy was hit 9 out of 12. Just did not fall right away.
  • Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    ...the story lol.  This guy breaks it down in slow motion and brings up some of the same stuff I did earlier (before I saw this video). Come the find out the Cop at the end, issuing his warning about wearing masks  name is Reich.  Part of the 4th Reich? It's a scary world when folks so freely and willingly get on the trains to the internment camps for their safety. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCG1DKSOfVo
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭✭
    MrMag00 said:
    There are multiple local news sources from the area where this occured. The guy in the video seems to know nothing about firearms or police procedure. The big deal he made about the missing tape was from a newscast made hours after the incident. Video was probably recorded off and on all day and edited into her 6pm broadcast. As for your question about mask wearing, it is not necessary to wear them outside in Michigan if social distancing is practiced. Several sources and the 911 call reffered to the guy threatening all the people in the store and stabbing the senior. Your question of no store video showing the initial incident is because of an ongoing investigation. The stabbing of an unarmed senior shows a lack of a man card by the idiot. The officer (female) did an excellent job and probably has more of an entitlement to having a man card than most. You seem to think the use of a knife in a verbal situation is manly. I think it is the act of a coward. Wasn't smart enough to defend himself verbally so he bullied his way out of the argument. His demeanor is that of a lifelong bully that never faced any consequences for his actions. Well I guess he found out about consequences the hard way. Bob
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    I guess I've been extraordinarily lucky at assessing dangerous situations and acting accordingly.  For example, when a fellow stuck the tip of a jackknife blade up against my stomach at O'Dark Thirty one morning and took the only seat left in a cab when he said the seat was his...I agreed in a tone of voice that was matter of fact.  One does not have to whine to diffuse such encounters, but it might be a whole lot safer to not *iss off a potential nutcase. 

There have been numerous dangerous situations in my life where life and limb might matter should one act the wrong way at the wrong time, both on and off duty.   I had always thought this type of self preservation was representative of common sense, but apparently some folks don't get it for whatever reason until it's too late...then there are the activists and they are not ordinarily concerned with anyone who does not look like an imminent threat.

One word of advice, should one decide to not be carful in such encounters, striking first might better the odds. 
    What's next?
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Just proof of what I already knew. There are a lot of very stupid people out there. This idiot that critiqued the video is clearly a conspiracy theorist who probably spends his free time in area 51 searching for big foot. They don't have any use for facts, only their own rhetoric enforced by the equally misinformed groups they hang out with. They went screaming past ignorance to get to full blown stupid. The very definition of "Useful Idiots".
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭
    Holding 3 weapons?  Maybe he had 3 hands.  I've heard of a third leg but not arm.  :)
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Just proof of what I already knew. There are a lot of very stupid people out there. This idiot that critiqued the video is clearly a conspiracy theorist who probably spends his free time in area 51 searching for big foot. They don't have any use for facts, only their own rhetoric enforced by the equally misinformed groups they hang out with. They went screaming past ignorance to get to full blown stupid. The very definition of "Useful Idiots".
    ad hominem
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. I am glad you understand.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,260 ✭✭✭✭
    I think this video is legit.  I think this Police Gal did a good job.   Very difficult situation.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭
    The dead guys family wants to sue because she does competitive shooting 
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    Give the guy on the radio show some respect; at least, he knew that you clear a Glock jam by use of the pull back thing. (green print)   Of course, he failed to understand that the light shining on the perp's torso (at 50%) was from a pistol mounted light on the officer's gun.
    I find the body cam video confusing, not disturbing.  I still don't know what "covered the officers gun" means.  And, when there are, maybe, 10-15 rounds fired & you hear nothing, I think that the body cam footage has been a wee bit over-edited.
    Bottom line, this is just a "suicide by cop" incident, by an inconsiderate person who didn't care how much pyschological trauma he was inflicting on a good LEO.
    Neal
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

My feeling all along was "suicide by cop," Neal.

He knew he had stabbed someone, and knew he was screwed. He got out of his vehicle knowing what he intended, and the ultimate outcome. IMHO.

She (the female LEO,) did a good job. Kudo's to her.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Suicide by cop, and the officer did a good job.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    MrMag00 said:
    ...the story lol.  This guy breaks it down in slow motion and brings up some of the same stuff I did earlier (before I saw this video). Come the find out the Cop at the end, issuing his warning about wearing masks  name is Reich.  Part of the 4th Reich? It's a scary world when folks so freely and willingly get on the trains to the internment camps for their safety. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCG1DKSOfVo
    I watched the balderdash video, from the get-go it is a study in verbal garbage by the author.  The guy is clueless about bullets, gun function and reaction of a body to bullets hitting it.  The speculation he has on the shooting is bull scat.  I pity anyone that would give credence to the video or use it in a post to defend the indefensible position they have espoused.