In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kyle Rittenhouse May Not Be a Role Model, But Is He Still an American Hero?

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,719 ✭✭✭

Kyle Rittenhouse May Not Be a Role Model, But Is He Still an American Hero?

By Harold Cameron
Revolver News

August 29, 2020

This is a Guest Post. Guest Posts do not necessarily represent the official editorial position of Revolver News.

For a few moments in the wee morning hours of Wednesday, August 26, 2020, a 17-year-old kid from exurban Chicago, carrying an unremarkable, bargain-bin rifle no different from those owned by millions of Americans, proved more powerful than the combined might of the entire world order.

Ethnonarcissist rioters have been coddled and lionized in the establishment’s media, lavishly funded and fawningly endorsed by the largest corporations on earth, and utterly immunized from legal or physical consequences by complicit civil servants. Joined by legions of the downwardly mobile refuse of the white lower middle class, they have spent months doing exactly as they pleased with our country.

There seemed to be nothing we could do. If we complained, as many of us did, we could be fired from our jobs. If we exercised our First Amendment rights the same exact way as leftists, we could be charged with “hate crimes.” If we tried to go about our business and enjoy our public spaces as though masked thugs had not been given license to enforce “justice” as they saw fit, we could be cornered by shrieking mobs, forced to submit to their demands, or worse, simply beaten to a pulp for asserting our right to go where we please in a supposedly free country.

If we armed ourselves for defense, we often prevented our neighborhoods from becoming burnt-out, bare-shelved husks. But, as Mark and Patricia McCloskey learned in St. Louis, if your local elected officials are sufficiently in the enemy’s corner, merely refusing to yield your own front yard to people who hate you can now land you with felony charges.

Our despair discounted one thing: a 17-year-old named Kyle Rittenhouse was braver than we were — or at least naive enough to not understand the odds we’re up against.

This past weekend, the Bolsheviks unleashed another round of rioting, arson, and looting in once-bucolic Kenosha, Wisconsin, justifying their crimes against innocent Americans — as they nearly always do — with the shooting of a violent, black career criminal who refused to submit to lawful arrest. On the first night, rioters knocked out a Kenosha Police Officer with a brick to the head. On the second night, they ransacked a mom and pop used car dealership. CNN declared this “fiery but mostly peaceful.”

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE:  https://www.revolver.news/2020/08/kyle-rittenhouse-hero-or-villain/

What's next?

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,669 ✭✭✭✭
    His illegal possession of a firearm is gonna bite him big time, even if all the shooting was justified as self defense.  He should have never been there to begin with, open carry by a 17 year old without parents being present is illegal.  Where were his parents?  What were they thinking, giving a rifle to a kid to cross state lines is a big issue.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,719 ✭✭✭
    bpost said:
    His illegal possession of a firearm is gonna bite him big time, even if all the shooting was justified as self defense.  He should have never been there to begin with, open carry by a 17 year old without parents being present is illegal.  Where were his parents?  What were they thinking, giving a rifle to a kid to cross state lines is a big issue.
    The kid definitely needs a lot of help to keep his liberty that goes along with new found fame.  Keep the faith.
    What's next?
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed not sure of the situation on his first shoot at the car lot I hear some more video surfaced I haven't seen it. Even carrying illegally the first video shows him being ruthlessly attacked, the media calls it "Protesters trying to restrain and disarm him" he is screwed in this day and age perhaps Trump can pardon him. As in the people who displayed the ability to defend their homes today no decent citizen is safe. I think if the shoe is on the other foot sas in Lightfoot claming no protesting oon her street perhaps the Left would see it differently
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah mogley, I found it very interesting (and telling) that Gov. Lightfoot called out for the same Police She has been badmouthing, to "Protect" her Family and house when "Protesters," were at her place.

Hypocrite. Typical Liberal Double Standard.

Well, she is more important than the rest of her cities population. Didn't everyone know that. Bob

Still hoping for a return of the green font.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah mogley, I found it very interesting (and telling) that Gov. Lightfoot called out for the same Police She has been badmouthing, to "Protect" her Family and house when "Protesters," were at her place.

Hypocrite. Typical Liberal Double Standard.

but it just goes to show you how dedicated the cops were/are no matter how much she bad mouths them, they actually showed up to help her.  I think I may have gotten lost, or blocked by protesters and shown up hour or so late
  • gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    If the young man was so worried about violence in Racine that he needed an assault rifle why go there? He didn't go to join the un-armed protesters!
    gartman said:
    If the young man was so worried about violence in Racine that he needed an assault rifle why go there? He didn't go to join the un-armed protesters!
    I think he just learned that life isn't a video game and actions have consequences. Bob
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,488 ✭✭✭
    gartman said:
    First off it was Kenosha not Racine. He had no business coming here, he was a flat lander from Illinois and had no business in the state. The Kenosha police didn't need any help. They had their regular police force the Sheriffs department and 1,000 Wisconsin National guard soldiers on hand. On top of that they had every armored vehicle from South Eastern Wisconsin at their disposal. WTF  to fight what 400 protestors at the most.  That armed kid from Illinois again had no business in the state. I hope that kid gets life. Check out the photos of his mother a female Rambo if I ever saw one. These are the kind of extremists that give responsible gun owners a bad name.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 14,028 ✭✭✭✭
    Alpine said:
    And yet all the crimes of the rioters and looters are ignored. Where is the justice in that?
    The same crap happened in St Louis. Rioters, looters, brigands, were NOT charged, but people like the McCloskeys were charged with a felony merely for defending their lives and property.

This is what DEMOCRATs do. DEMOCRATs  no longer protect communities and honest citizens from the criminals: They protect the criminal mobs from honest citizens.  
    Toss main stream media into the same group as the rioters. Most of media is clearly on the side of DEMOCRATs .
    You guys don't get all the facts you don't live here. You only see what's on the National news as when you live some where, where crap happens it's shoved down your throat 24 hours a day. The Kenosha police arrested 16 rioters and where looking for a bunch more and they new who they were looking for. To say that the criminal rioters got away with criminal acts is simply not true. Yes maybe a few of them do but not many especially if it happens here. There is a lot to this story that you just don't know, another reason that the Kenosha police aren't telling the whole story yet.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭
    The actions of the people involved stand by their self regardless of what opinions anyone has on who should or shouldn't be somewhere.    Prosecution or not should depend on those actions and justifications of those actions.   Giving gun owners a bad name is an ambiguous statement meaning what ever someone wants it to mean.   Gun owners staying home and allowing mob violence to destroy property could also be viewed as giving gun owners a bad name.  Regardless of if the kid was wrong or not at least he was willing to do something.   I wonder if the car lot owner that had the car lot burned think the police could have used some help.
  • gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    armilite said:
    gartman said:
    First off it was Kenosha not Racine. He had no business coming here, he was a flat lander from Illinois and had no business in the state. The Kenosha police didn't need any help. They had their regular police force the Sheriffs department and 1,000 Wisconsin National guard soldiers on hand. On top of that they had every armored vehicle from South Eastern Wisconsin at their disposal. WTF  to fight what 400 protestors at the most.  That armed kid from Illinois again had no business in the state. I hope that kid gets life. Check out the photos of his mother a female Rambo if I ever saw one. These are the kind of extremists that give responsible gun owners a bad name.

Kenosha, Racine,  been so long since I have been through there names get a little fuzzy. Sorry for the error.
  • jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    The Irony
    He has been charged as an adult, and charge for the possession of a dangerous weapon by a minor at the same time.
    You can always be viewed as an adult in the name of justice, but newer be viewed as an adult in the name of liberty.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 14,028 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    armilite said:
    You guys don't get all the facts you don't live here. You only see what's on the National news as when you live some where, where crap happens it's shoved down your throat 24 hours a day. The Kenosha police arrested 16 rioters and where looking for a bunch more and they new who they were looking for. To say that the criminal rioters got away with criminal acts is simply not true. Yes maybe a few of them do but not many especially if it happens here. There is a lot to this story that you just don't know, another reason that the Kenosha police aren't telling the whole story yet.
    Surprisingly you are right, considering the divisiveness, political pandering, and outright lies coming from the new media. 

• MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    bpost said:
    If they can try him as an adult, he can carry a firearm. 
    edited August 2020
    gartman said:
    armilite said:
    gartman said:

Kenosha, Racine,  been so long since I have been through there names get a little fuzzy. Sorry for the error.
    I wasn't calling you out on this just stating that if you don't live near where a particular event is going down, you only get what the media wants you to here. Just saying with all the armed law enforcement and National Guard that was on sight this idiot had no reason to be here. Just like I was going to pack up the Exploder with a so called arsenal of weapons and go offer my services to Portland Oregon. I also left out the fact that the President had sent Federal Agents there as well and this kid thought he was gonna help GEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ Well it will help put him in prison.
    MrMag00 said:
    bpost said:
    If they can try him as an adult, he can carry a firearm. 
    Oh and you really need to see his parents  :#:#
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    armilite said:

Check out the photos of his mother a female Rambo if I ever saw one. These are the kind of extremists that give responsible gun owners a bad name.
    Before the deadly shooting, Rittenhouse lived with his mother, Wendy Rittenhouse, a single mom and nurse’s assistant, in a quiet apartment complex beside a park in Antioch, a bedroom community that sits just south of the Wisconsin border.
    - The Washington Post -

Before the shooting, Rittenhouse lived in a quiet apartment complex a half-hour’s drive away from Kenosha, with his single mother, Wendy Rittenhouse, a 45-year-old nursing assistant.
    - ABC News -
    Maybe you need to fact check the photos and descriptions being played with by the idiots on the internet.

Best.

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭
    When did it become illegal for a 17 year old to own a rifle?   
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    Buncha folks here getting their yearly exercise jumping to conclusions without having all the facts.  Just like the Leftists/Marxists destroying cities around this country. It would be prudent to wait for all the facts to come out before making an * of yourselves.
  • mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭✭
    Barzillia said:
    Good song for sure........but then as now......the "peaceful" protests turned violent and ugly.........you cannot blame everything on "THE MAN" 
    edited August 2020
    One of my favorite sayings is........."play stupid games and win stupid prizes"........Unfortunately this kid played a stupid game by crossing state lines and playing vigilante in the middle of a violent BLM/ ANTIFA protest in a city where he had no stake......and now he has won a stupid prize in the form of several felony charges. I don't think he survived because of his superior gun discipline or his many years of training......he got damn lucky to walk away alive.

In years past, when there have been "organized" gatherings at the Texas State Capitol in support of constitutional carry, where people have shown up open carrying...........I stayed away, although I do support constitutional open carry. When the BLM and ANTIFA protests hit downtown Austin, I did not rush down there with my AR to try and maintain order, although it hurt my sensibilities to see what was happening. You all know what happened to one dufus named Garrett Foster. I don't do these things becasue I don't think it is smart. It is stupid. 

Now let some BLM or ANTIFA types come to my neighborhood and start burning and harrassing and I will certainly protect myself, my property, and/or my neighborhood. Until that happens.........I am not going to play stupid games. These thugs have no regard for life or property and challenging them by being there armed is just inviting a deadly encounter.

I think it was self defense for him, but he voluntarily put himself in a stupid situation.
    mohawk600 said:
    One of my favorite sayings is........."play stupid games and win stupid prizes"........Unfortunately this kid played a stupid game by crossing state lines and playing vigilante in the middle of a violent BLM/ ANTIFA protest in a city where he had no stake......and now he has won a stupid prize in the form of several felony charges. I don't think he survived because of his superior gun discipline or his many years of training......he got damn lucky to walk away alive.

In years past, when there have been "organized" gatherings at the Texas State Capitol in support of constitutional carry, where people have shown up open carrying...........I stayed away, although I do support constitutional open carry. When the BLM and ANTIFA protests hit downtown Austin, I did not rush down there with my AR to try and maintain order, although it hurt my sensibilities to see what was happening. You all know what happened to one dufus named Garrett Foster. I don't do these things becasue I don't think it is smart. It is stupid. 

Now let some BLM or ANTIFA types come to my neighborhood and start burning and harrassing and I will certainly protect myself, my property, and/or my neighborhood. Until that happens.........I am not going to play stupid games. These thugs have no regard for life or property and challenging them by being there armed is just inviting a deadly encounter.

I think it was self defense for him, but he voluntarily put himself in a stupid situation.
    Well said.
  • pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭✭

Mohawk nailed it . Goes double for me

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
    pulsarnc said:

Mohawk nailed it . Goes double for me

+1 
    Bob
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    armilite said:
    gartman said:
    armilite said:
    gartman said:

I wasn't calling you out on this just stating that if you don't live near where a particular event is going down, you only get what the media wants you to here. Just saying with all the armed law enforcement and National Guard that was on sight this idiot had no reason to be here. Just like I was going to pack up the Exploder with a so called arsenal of weapons and go offer my services to Portland Oregon. I also left out the fact that the President had sent Federal Agents there as well and this kid thought he was gonna help GEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ Well it will help put him in prison.

Agree that if you live there you may indeed be more aware of specific facts regarding these incidents. Now a question if the Feds and National guard had everything covered why would a person need to be defending themselves with an AR 15? When the rioters were chasing this kid down the street where were the 1000 guard adn cops?

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    mohawk600 said:

All you need to do is nothing for tyranny to thrive. YOU SIR ARE THE PROBLEM and the rest of you fools don't deserve neither security nor freedom. 
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO he is a dumbazz.

Where are his parents?  They should be on trial too.  A 17 y/o should not have an AR-15 and be out unsupervised on a rifle range much less in a riot.

Going into a riot, by yourself, armed is a recipe for disaster.  Unfortunately he is going to learn at a very young age that actions have consequences.

On the other hand I feel ZERO symphony for the dudes he shot.   The world is a better place without them.
    RLTW

MrMag00 said:
    mohawk600 said:

All you need to do is nothing for tyranny to thrive. YOU SIR ARE THE PROBLEM and the rest of you fools don't deserve neither security nor freedom. 
    There are some on this board who have done more than most to preserve security and freedom. This kid was a wannabe Rambo who has legitimized these idiots rioting in some peoples eyes. This has done way more harm than good and I am sure if the ones he shot could talk they would agree. He has become a recruiting poster boy for antifa and blm. Your fools characterization of the members on this board makes as much sense as this idiots actions trying to play hero. Bob
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Sam06 said:

Where are his parents?  They should be on trial too.  A 17 y/o should not have an AR-15 and be out unsupervised on a rifle range much less in a riot.
    I realize that this is not a direct response to the OP but something about '17 year old shooter' set off a memory jolt causing me to do a quick search.

Originally I thought just about the Parkland, Fl. shooter since I remembered he as 17. But the problem was about 9 other school shooters popped up, all 17! :( Doubting this, simply do a search using the terms '17 year old school shooter'.
    Best.

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭✭

MagOO I normally try to stay above the fray and not respond to personal attacks but this strains my patience . I am neither a fool nor am I ignorant of the wAys of the world . My opinion is still that the child really screwed up and his actions do nothing to advance our cause

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
    edited August 2020
    mogley98 said:
    armilite said:
    gartman said:
    armilite said:
    gartman said:

Agree that if you live there you may indeed be more aware of specific facts regarding these incidents. Now a question if the Feds and National guard had everything covered why would a person need to be defending themselves with an AR 15? When the rioters were chasing this kid down the street where were the 1000 guard adn cops?

Well from what I understand the police had just pushed the protesters out into the street. At the other end of the street was a so called militia group. From what I have heard in numerous accounts the cops wanted to push the protesters down the street and let the civilian militia deal with them so they didn't have to. This was accounted for on numerous accounts. Apparently our boy Kyle went towards the protesters instead of the other way. Some protesters seeing the rifle Rittenhouse had kinda freaked out and went after him so he was pretty much in no mans land.
    Sam06 said:
    IMO he is a dumbazz.

Going into a riot, by yourself, armed is a recipe for disaster.  Unfortunately he is going to learn at a very young age that actions have consequences.

On the other hand I feel ZERO symphony for the dudes he shot.   The world is a better place without them.
    His parents have been divorced for 6 years and he lived with his mother.
    edited August 2020
    Actually he was part of a group calling themselves the Kenosha Militia number unknown but there were quite a few. At one time before the crap hit the fan the cops were seen giving the militia group bottles of water. I'm not sure where the National Guard soldiers were but they were units from Michigan, Alabama and Arizona.
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe Kyle Rittenhouse is a true patriot, and when I can find out where I came donate money to help with his legal fees, I will help him out.  What would be nice is if an attorney was to come forward to help out with minimal fee,  this would be another patriot in my eyes.    
    MrMag00 said:
    mohawk600 said:

So you would cross state lines to challenge BLM and ANTIFA protestors? Please do.....take the weapon of your choice and report back to us. Film your mission for us too.
    Well originally they had some defense fund come forward that deals in situations like this. (Obviously pro gun group) affiliated but for some reason they backed out. Now he has some high priced defense lawyer.
  • diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Apparently, the kid worked in Kenosha. He didn’t travel to fight BLM, he was already there, doing volunteer work, cleaning graffiti with friends.

And his “high priced lawyer team”, is doing it pro bono.

I’ve been following these stories, and more and more comes out everyday.

Like, how you have to be 18 to purchase a long gun in Wisconsin, but only 16 to open carry one. Except the city of Kenosha, had local ordinances forbidding it. And the rifle didn’t cross state lines.

But, I see a few here spinning the msm lies, denouncing the kid.

Seems I remember the same ones repeating the same fake news about Michael Brown, and others. Getting whipped up into frenzies.

The the truth comes out about the blatant lies being told by msm, and they’re obvious political agenda they’re pushing.

Just look at what they’re saying about the three convicted felons this kid shot. One of them a convicted pedophile.

I think I’ll reserve my condemnation of the kid until all the facts come out, not the vial spewed by the fake news organizations.