In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Wife is in the hospital in the worst way...

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
June, my wife, recently had left shoulder replacement but that wasn't the source of her pain. I took her to the emergency room in Fayetteville, GA on Monday due to the pain in her neck and shoulders getting worse everyday. After doing MRI's, CAT scans and a biopsy they've determined she has upper spine cancer and lung cancer and now have moved her to a hospital in Atlanta. She's always been in good health and now we're hit with this news and it was the most shocking thing we've ever experienced. 

To make matters worse I can't be with her because of the virus. I'm having to sit at home and talk to her and the doctors by phone. When she calls crying over the pain it's about more than I can handle. Knowing she lying there suffering and there's nothing I can do about it is the worse thing I've ever had to deal with. I was able to stay with her in the hospital room from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM at the hospital in Fayetteville for 3 days but since they moved her to Atlanta yesterday I can't visit her at all.

She is supposed to have surgery on her neck this Sunday morning. The doctor said this surgery will take 8 or 9 hours. Her C 2 vertebrae is deteriorated and putting pressure on the spine and it appears there's a tumor in the C3 vertebrae that's destroying it also. The doctor is concerned about having good bones to attached the rods and screws to in order to support the neck to get the pressure off of her spine which is causing the pain. I asked him about not having the surgery and doing the radiation treatment first and then doing the surgery and he said the radiation treatment will damage the tissue to where they couldn't do the surgery. He said she'll have to wait about 4 weeks before the radiation and chemo treatments can be started after the surgery. 

I've talked to 3 or 4 different doctors today. It looks like it's going to be a long ordeal to recovery but they said her being in such good health otherwise that she has a good chance of making a recovery.

June and I have been together since we were just kids, she's 69 and I'm 71.  If she goes I don't think I'll be able to continue without her.

If anyone feels like saying a prayer for her it will be appreciated. 

Comments