In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Wife is in the hospital in the worst way...

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,400 ***** Forums Admin
    Prayers for your wife and all family from our house.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    Sent from here.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,399 ******
    My prayers going out for you both. For healing and strength to you in this hard separation.   
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭
     Prayers from here 

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Greg so sorry to wake up and read this news about June.

Of course good thoughts and my Prayers for you both Sir.

-Ken-

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭
    Prayers from here, Smitty.  

• Options
    neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭
    Prayers definitely coming from NE Arkansas.  God can definitely provide the knowledge and ability to the surgeons and can give the grace for a favorable outcome.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and positive vibes sent your way.

Stay strong and God bless your family.
    RLTW

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Smitty so sorry to hear this, I pray for strength for you and your wife and that she receive the healing grace of our lord.
    Not much you can do, I understand how difficult it must be for you not to be allowed access. Worry is not healthy either.
    Perhaps if the Doctor adds that it is medically necessary for you to be there to assist her they would allow you in?

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭

Praying for both of you

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,197 ******
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for you both...
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Smitty, what Barzillia says makes sense.  One family member was allowed when my wife had her two brain surgeries this year, and that's in the Seattle area!  I cannot imagine such a heartless treatment policy under the circumstances that you and June are suffering.
    What's next?
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
    Hopes for the best in every way from here.

Mule
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    kimi said:
    Smitty, what Barzillia says makes sense.  One family member was allowed when my wife had her two brain surgeries this year, and that's in the Seattle area!  I cannot imagine such a heartless treatment policy under the circumstances that you and June are suffering.

Thanks Brarzillia, kimi, mogley and everyone else for suggestions. 

I called and talked to a rep at the hospital and she said they may be able to permit me to visit for one hour tomorrow afternoon. She said they are being very strict about it and that she would have to get it approved from higher up and would call me back a little later today. I guess since the President is sick it's put everything back on high alert?

The surgery has been rescheduled again back to Monday morning at 7:30 AM instead of tomorrow morning. I talked to the surgeon late yesterday and he said he wants to schedule the surgery early no matter what day it takes place on instead of late in the evening so they wouldn't be working into the morning hours. He said he wanted the team to be fresh because it's going to take 8 or 9 hours to do the surgery. I guess getting the operating room and all the parts and pieces scheduled is a pretty big undertaking.  

Thanks again for all the prayers and suggestions. 
  • Options
    I got the call back from the hospital just a few minutes ago. They are going to let me see her for one hour tomorrow afternoon. That's not great but I'll take what I can get. I would hate for my last memory of her to be when she was being put in the ambulance to take her to Atlanta. I at least get to hold her hand the evening before the surgery.

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it, Smitty.  I think they will fold with the right amount pressure, but maybe not.  May the Good Lord's blessings be with you both during this most difficult time.
    What's next?
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    Smitty, wishing for the best possible outcome, prayers from here.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that worked out for you. Give her a very gentle group hug from all of us.
    Joe
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update. Glad you get to see her tomorrow.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for comfort, peace and wisdom for all involved......
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭

Thats terrible, I'm really sorry to hear that.

• Options
    DPHMINDPHMIN Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    You all are in my prayers.
  • Options
    ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭

My thoughts are going out to both of you Smitty.

"...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I somehow missed your posting yesterday, prayers definitely being sent for both  ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    Prayers sent 

• Options
    I pray that the doctor's hands are divinely guided during her surgery.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Greg, you and June and Dreher and his Wife were all in my Prayers last night.

Wishing you all the best possible outcome.

• Options

Greg, you and June and Dreher and his Wife were all in my Prayers last night.

Wishing you all the best possible outcome.

Ken that's very kind of you and we appreciate all the prayers from everybody.

• Options
    kimi said:

Thanks Brarzillia, kimi, mogley and everyone else for suggestions. 

I called and talked to a rep at the hospital and she said they may be able to permit me to visit for one hour tomorrow afternoon. She said they are being very strict about it and that she would have to get it approved from higher up and would call me back a little later today. I guess since the President is sick it's put everything back on high alert?

The surgery has been rescheduled again back to Monday morning at 7:30 AM instead of tomorrow morning. I talked to the surgeon late yesterday and he said he wants to schedule the surgery early no matter what day it takes place on instead of late in the evening so they wouldn't be working into the morning hours. He said he wanted the team to be fresh because it's going to take 8 or 9 hours to do the surgery. I guess getting the operating room and all the parts and pieces scheduled is a pretty big undertaking.  

Thanks again for all the prayers and suggestions. 

IF she were having difficulty with the instructions for her care, or making decisions related to her care they would almost have to let you in. Not advocating anything nefarious but under the circumstances it wouldn't be unusual for her to need help processing the care/treatment plan therefore allowing you to be there.
    When I received my cancer diagnosis the Dr added that my wife needed to be with me for medical necessity and the hospital has allowed her to be there with me. God Bless you and your wife as I said earlier I can't imagine how difficult this is for you both.
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭
    prayers for both of you
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    Smitty, is she at Grady?
    No, she's at Piedmont. Her surgeon has great reviews so we're just praying he can fix her. 

4 years ago a surgeon at Piedmont saved my life when he had to remove a foot of my large intestine due to a blood clot that caused gangrene to set in. Other doctors I've seen since then said it had to be a miracle that I lived because of the gangrene. 

This sure is a helpless feeling. I feel like I at least need to be sitting out in the parking lot of the hospital if nothing else but I know that's stupid because it won't accomplish anything but I feel like I'm uncaring just sitting here doing nothing. What would you guys do? 
    Smitty,
    After my wife was rushed by ambulance to the hospital after our recent car crash I did exactly as you want to do.  I sat in the parking lot.  I wanted to be go in to see her as soon as they would let me in.  I sat there with my brother who brought me to the emergency room and when I was done in the ER I for my injuries I waited in my brothers car.

As far as I was concerned the car is the new waiting room.  Both of you are in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I was supposed to have only spent an hour visiting with her today but there was a good head nurse on the floor and she said I could stay until 15 minutes before her shift change. She didn't want anyone one else coming in to know I had stayed that long.  I stayed from 1:00 PM until 6:30 PM.

There are some real angels that work in hospitals. June has had some of the best and when I was in for surgery 4 years ago I had several that were God sent taking care of me. Thank God for those women. 

Tomorrow and Tuesday I'll have to call back and get approved again to visit. Since she's going to be spending at least 8 to 9 hours in surgery and 2 to 3 hours in recovery I may not get in tomorrow at all since it'll be late tomorrow evening or later before she gets out of recovery. I talked to one of the supervisors today and she said they had plans to change the visiting hours on Wednesday so maybe I'll get in from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM like I was when she was in the hospital earlier in the week in Fayetteville, GA before they moved her to Atlanta. These visiting hours are a bunch of bull. 

It's a wonder I didn't die in the traffic in Atlanta just getting to the hospital today. It was even more terrifying coming home. I used to work in downtown Atlanta 18 years ago and drove all over town during the day for 3 years going from one school construction site to another which required trips back and forth all day long to the office. It was bad back then but it's 10 times worse now! I've never seen anything like it and this was on Sunday not even during a rush hour. 

I also meant to add that during the 5 1/2 hours that I was there while going out in the hallway to the vending machines to get snacks I did not see another visitor on her floor . The north parking deck where I parked there wasn't a dozen cars in the whole place. Other than nurses the place seemed very strange to be that empty and that hospital is big. 

• Options
    Good luck and prayers for you both.
  • Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Brother, you are NOT alone.  I know it feels like you are.  God is there with you, and we're here in the distance cheering and pulling for you.  Close your eyes and see the "great cloud of witnesses" around you praying and believing for you.  Yes this is hard.  God is bigger than this.  He has a perfect plan for you and your wife, to "do you good, and not harm, all the days of your life".  Trust him.  God is good.

• Options
    Continuing prayers for you and June.

• Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I got a call at a little after 9:00 AM from the hospital to let me know they have commenced the surgery. I got a real fright thinking the worse when the phone rang. 

UPDATE:
    Just got another call from the hospital at 10:35 AM to report so far things are going well. At least they're keeping me updated which is better than I've experienced in the past while sitting in the waiting room. 
  • Options
    Good to hear thanks for updating us we are thinking of you all from here.