S&W 17-6 factory nickel 22LR "Calendar Model" Ellet Bros special run

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 15,419 ✭✭
I am listing a Smith model 17-6 revolver for sale but can find no information on pricing. I found the revolver in a S&W collectors book but they do not assign a value. Anyone have a Blue Book handy to see if this is listed? It has "The Revolver" engraved on the 6" barrel. Thanks!

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭✭
    Blue book is worthless as far as pricing is concerned. Take good pictures, write a good description then start it at one penny with no reserve and let her ride. Next week you will know exactly what it is worth. 
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,453 ✭✭✭
    Same, same as a aftermarket, ( non factory cataloged, commemorative). Has to be brand new in the box, unturned, unfired, with all original accessories and documentation. To have any substantial value, over and above a standard Model 17. Even then these dealer special order guns. Aren't the easiest to sell for a premium over and above a standard M 17.
  • JohnERebJohnEReb Member Posts: 43
    CS8161 wrote: "I found the revolver in a S&W collectors book but they do not assign a value."

Perhaps you are referring to the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson (SCSW). As you probably know, your revolver was part of the "TWELVE REVOLVER" set offered by S&W about 30 years ago. The set was not well received by collectors.
    Although, as you note, the SCSW does not show a value, it does say "Individual revolvers may bring a slight premium over what a standard model would bring, either for their collectability, or for their unusual combination of features."