In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How has COVID had an impact on you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭

I count myself blessed overall in this mess.....I did not lose anyone close and most of my friends or family that did come down with it bounced back without any long term issues that have surfaced thus far....it kept me away from seeing family

and friends as much I wanted to and we stayed on the farm most days (which was actually pretty good)

Some financial disruption with investments but most of that all bounced back also....so in my case, I will not complain too loud because mostly me and mine have weathered it well up to this point anyway......

We shall see how it goes from here....

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭

I got my second shot on April 11, Moderna also, and now am expecting to need a booster soon. I agree it's not going away, it will most likely become endemic and the best we can hope for is that it might mutate to become less deadly and less virulent eventually. Even viruses don't really want their hosts dead per se, as it's self defeating.

My situation is different than many here. I have an 80+ year old mother I watch over, and I am around a 'ton' of people each and every day of my life. My choices were to quit working and become a hermit, (which I can afford to do), or make the best choices to attempt and keep all of my family as safe as possible.

I really don't care what other people think of my decisions, as I am the one that has to live with the consequences. I have been called a Democrat numerous times through this event simply because I wore a mask, and got vaccinated. This was one of the most eye opening experiences of my life in terms of what a country of self important aholes that we live in, and how you really DON'T know many of the people you think you do, as well as how shallow and superficial they are.

I have no problem at all if someone doesn't want to get vaccinated,.....don't get it, but have no issue with them as long as they exercise caution and respect my rights as well. Stay away from me, don't get in my face, and all is well. The others can F off.

That is the level I am at now, and am finding out who my real friends are. So far I have not been disappointed much.

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

So much loss. Condolences to all and prayers for an end to this scourge.

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭

Wow just found out at Church my "neighbor" behind my property contracted covid went to hospital Tuesday and died Wedneaday he was only 49 with two pre teens.

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with you 100%! To get the shot or not is a PERSONAL decision and should not be judged by anyone(to get the shot or not). You did exactly what everyone should do.....make an educated decision about your OWN life circumstances. I have my reasons for not getting the shot, and several have good reasons for getting the shot. It blows my mind how quickly people turn on each other, on both sides(even family). That is part of the damage done by this virus.

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭✭

I am truly sorry for all of you that have lost family and/or friends. May God be with you!

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭

A close friend who got the first shot 2 weeks ago tested positive 5 days ago.

We have offered him our condo if he wants to isolate from his wife and two kids.

Not sure if he'll take us up on it.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

Agree with MR P

Am totally fed up with hearing about Covid. Covid has now the subject of 80% of the band width and 80% of what passes as news.

• Options
    Cgaengineer Cgaengineer Member Posts: 5

Had Covid in December, got over the virus in about 3 days, still have messed up taste and smell.

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭

But both of you felt compelled to respond to a thread asking how Covid has impacted you. 🤣

"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭✭

Wife had a mild case of it ,we both have since had the vaccine . She lost her uncle to it and we have lost several neighbors whose funerals we could not attend due to the shutdowns .My nephew is currently in isolation with the delta varient

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    EW0302EW0302 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭

My business does pump service work for hospitals, universities, commercial buildings and hotels. All were severely affected by the shut downs. I was barely able to keep the doors open. No one I know has been struck by the disease. Business is slowly returning with the hospitals and universities. The hotels and commercial buildings are starting to come back. We kept working through it all and my employees never missed a paycheck. I did quite often. Even when everything in Texas was shut down we still worked, keeping the hospitals going, but at a drastically reduced level of work (We had essential worker status since they still need the heating, AC domestic water delivery and waste water removal). Many large projects were cancelled or postponed. This pandemic has been tough on business and now just when things were looking up we seem to be headed back down the path to disaster.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭

I got to be a test subject to keep working at my job. I should have played "my body, my choice" and stayed home and got fat checks from the government. But dumb butt me took the shot and kept on working. I wonder if they would have paid me for getting carpal tunnel because of all the "time" I had in my hands while locked down?

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭

Had the CV twice. Lost my sense of smell on the 2nd occurrence. The stupidity has cost me a 75% paycut that will not be recovered and according to recent managerial comments will become permanent. Lost one of my best employees to the crud before it was even acknowledged to be in the US.

Last and likely most important, it has cost our country so dearly that we will never recover.

• Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭

Other than the BS mask wearing at work and the BS supply shortages no impact. I suspect most South Dakotans have a similar experience.

formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

No impact except the mask requirements............stoopid libs.....scared of a virus.

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

I miss Bill (Mogley98) 🙁.