In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Navy to Discharge All who refuse Covid -19 shot

2»

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand this at all. I was in the Army from 1981-2006. I have been all over the world and we were required to get shots before deployment and annual shots. We were required to have an annual physical and go the the dentist.

What we didn't do is pick when, where or what. We were marched or driven to the aid station and were lined up and given shots, half the time I had no idea what they were giving me. We were also issues pills for malaria and we were told when to take them. We went to the dentist as a squad at a time and you were told when to get a physical, when your time came you went. I was HALO qualififed and had to have a HALO physical along with a chamber test. If I didn't do it or blew it off I was off HALO status and that cost me $150 a month.

Everyone who deployed to Iraq was given a second small pox vac along with yellow fever and something else that I cannot remember.

That is the way the military worked when I was in...................I just don't understand this concept of a choice to get a shot or not.

RLTW

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Maybe the Biological warfare connection is why, mankind has defeated a lot of viruses and germs in the past in the medical field but have created a lot of research and have experimented with many of them for warfare.

serf

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,311 ******

Sam06 I feel ya, I served 76-80 and had similar routine for shots, but all the shots i got were proven vaccines at the time, not some experimental rushed to approval crapola like the covid shots... and we didn't have flu shots required at the time, so I can kinda understand todays soldiers not wanting to take this one... I 'm not sure how I would react to todays requirements were I still in the service, but as a civilian heck no for the shots for me.