In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My rare trip to the mall today......

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in General Discussion

I avoid going to the mall in a nearby city as much as possible.. As long as you go early in the day, the number of "Mall People" is pretty low. Needed some new dress clothes for upcoming weddings and other functions. Since I retired my daily uniform is jeans or shorts and a T shirt. If I am going somewhere nice, I put on a golf shirt ! But some of these upcoming events will require a coat and tie.

Did my thing quickly at the only department store I can find "Tall" dress shirts, I grabbed some shirts and a couple pairs of dress pants. I then headed over to the ladies' section and helped my bride pick out a new dress.

So far so good. Then we had to go out into the main mall area and wow what an interesting sea of humanity. The usual families and young folks enjoying their summer. Then there were the homeless folks shuffling around the mall, some non aggressive panhandling and most of them sitting on benches and eyeing everyone....It is hot out today, so it is OK.. they are cooling off for a while.

Folks in walking gear circling the whole mall...(better stay out of their way) And then there are the hipsters or whatever they are called now. Weird clothing, tattoos from one end of them to the other (some rather inappropriate, or obscene)...Piercings everywhere possible on their faces and tongues... .Others folks in rather strange get ups, odd saying on their t shirts, things I think are meant to insult or incite others...

We got out of there as soon as possible and it will be a long time before I go back there....there really is nothing there I need for the most part...Just clothes from time to time.

I think I will just stick closer to the farm....I am the only weirdo hanging out there 😜

Comments