In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Good News + Lucky Find ,,,,,,

forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭

Last week I’m laying in the ER with a pain in my chest, like a concrete block being placed on it. A bunch of young nurses hooking up IV’s and sticking electrode connections here, there and everywhere. The ‘blood sucker’ was relieving me of a quart, or so it seemed.

I was convinced I was having the ‘big one’. In comes this tiny young lady (my right leg weighed more then her), and introduced herself as the ER Doctor ; ,,,,, I didn’t know med schools were graduating 16 year olds ,,, 😉

She said my heartbeat was considerably more then 200 bpm and another young lady was standing by with an injection of Profofol to put me to sleep and she would ‘stop’ my heart.

Whoa, wait ,,,,,, I’m remembering Profofol killed M. Jackson. Now I’m a little nervous when the little Doc said don’t worry, “I won’t forget to start it”.

She ask if I was sleepy and I said no ,,,,,,,, next thing I knew I woke up and no more chest crush, no more rapid breathing ,,,,,,,, I felt good and sat up on the edge of the gurney and ask the Doc if I had a heart attack.

Nope, she said. And the ‘blood sucker’ showed up with the results,,,,,, Doc took one look and said here’s the problem. My blood sodium was critically low. Low blood sodium is a discussion for another time.

One of the young nurses was pulling off all the electrical wires along with removing the IV and taking the oxygen off. I’m sitting there putting on my shirt and glance down at a bright ‘sparkle’ under the front edge of a cart against the wall. I ask if she could see it and ‘yes’ she could. She walked over, picked it up and handed it to me.

So, gentlemen and ladies, what was it ????

I’ll patiently wait your answer. 😉

Comments