In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Army buddy, My bride, Prayers

2»

Comments

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

So happy you got to see her. Prayers continue for you both.

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

Keep having faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ. Know that he holds you tight, with his ever lasting love. Our thoughts and prayers for Diane.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Prayers from here Ray.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

My prayers continue for you both.

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭

Ray,

A friend of ours was having the same problem with her feet. To the point she could not walk. If they have not already done so and if she can take it ask them about “gabapentin”.

It helped our friend. I will keep Diane and you in my prayers.

Greg

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the tip. Did the friend also have the other symptoms that i mentioned? Thank you. ----------Ray

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

When I was working in the pharmaceutical research industry, I was involved with one of the initial trials for an analogue of gabapentin called pregabalin. It was being studied for use in HIV patients experiencing neuropathy caused by the anti viral regimens. My clinical trial experience was in the area of HIV medications.

Fast forward about 10 years..............I had a hip replacement surgery and the surgeon damaged my sciatic nerve. I was put on a pretty large dose of gabapentin to relieve the "electric schocks"........."pins and needles"...........and general nerve pain. I really can't say whether it worked or not because 3 years out I still have issues. I probably won't ever be able to run again because of the nerve damage. But I can walk normally.

Just read the data sheet on the adverse events............especially the serious adverse events..........before taking any "breakthrough drug"

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

I will add that gabapentin did not ever, in any way, affect my ability to function normally and rationally............it's not an intoxicating type of drug.

edited October 2022

mohawk600, sounds like good advice. My daughter had a serious back operation about 15 years ago and had pain all over ,even before the operation. She has been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and a central nervous system disorder. I took her everywhere looking for the answer to her pain. You could not even touch her skin. So many doctors not a clue even insulting some time. She finally got some help with a controlled substance by a doctor who knows what the hell he is doing. She lives a normal life now. I am sorry, I don't know the name of the drug but if anyone needs to know ,I can find out.---------Ray

Update: I called my daughter upstate. They give her Duloxotine and Pregabelin

Our friend mostly had the problems with her feet. She was in a fairly high does i thing 600-800 mg. The only side effect she had was drowsiness.

Another Update: Diane was transported home on October 17th. I was disappointed with progress at Nursing Home Rehab. PT leader tried but I was not happy with rest of staff. I am doing the best I can with the hand I was dealt. My daughter stayed two days with Diane when she was transported. I am now paying transporting fees to get her to her doctor appointments. She requires my help 24/7. I moved my bed downstairs because of her mobility problems and i sleep next to her at night in her lift chair after I get her in bed.

Medicare would only pay for first 20 days of rehab and I would have been forced to pay $195.50 per day for days 21-100. Who the Hell can afford that. Blue Cross would not pay it and I guess I am not poor enough for Medicaid. I think I will get two visits of PT per week in home for a while. Hopefully we can get Diane back on her feet and she can tolerate Radiation.

Smitty, I am so sorry about your Miss June as this was the day she went to Heaven. Please remember all the good times you had together.

I will drop in from time to time as time allows. ---------------------------Ray

Appreciate the update. Prayers continue Ray.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

God Bless you all.

I will add, that I tried to re-connect with some Army Buddy's that meant a lot to me and I wanted to tell them that, over the last few years. Only to find out that guy's younger than I am, had passed unexpectedly. Don't put off tracking down/talking/telling those you love what they mean to you.

I regret not being able to tell my friends that.

Prayers offered up for you Ray.

Keep hanging in there Ray, prayers continue for you both.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers will continue.

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

You and Diane continue to be in my prayers.

edited October 2022

Update: Transported Diane to cardiologist today at 3pm and her pulse rate was 148 and BP was too low. Feet still swollen and she was out of breath. We had to transport her back to hospital and they will admit her after all the testing and they get a room for her.

My daughter Heather had to leave me as it is over 2 hour drive back to her home in Delaware County and she is a horse person. They require a lot of care.

I have slept by my wife's side for 8 days without undressing. I can't sleep at night for worrying. They put her back on cardizem (sp) and it helped her shortness of breath. My daughter brought me home from Emergency Room because i had not eaten or drank the whole day. I am mentally and physically exhausted. Once again I can't visit my wife because I would not be Jabbed. At the Nursing Home Rehab I was tested each day and they let me in.

I will have to lay low for awhile and not comment on the Forum. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. -------------------------------------Ray

ADD: Almost 18 hours and still waiting for bed/room. Things are getting bad out there in the ER.

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭

More prayers, Ray.

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

You and Diane contine to be in my prayers. Take care of yourself or you will be useless. Bathe, eat, pray and rest.

What Susie said!

Update: I had to take Diane's cell phone , charger and reading glasses to her at Hospital tonight. Took almost 24 hours to get her a room. I was prepared to do battle with Hospital Admin over visiting policy. I asked to speak to someone in Admin and they said at the front desk " WE HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU. THE MANDATE TO SHOW THE STATE CERTIFICATE WITH THE SHOT/SHOTS HAS BEEN RECINDED TODAY BY NEW YORK STATE. YOU MAY TAKE YOUR STUFF TO YOUR WIFE AND VISIT WITH HER." I was so overwhelmed I darn near fell in the floor. I always thought it was Hospital Policy but it was a state mandate.

Mr P are you out there? Crossed my mind, some politics involved here. Elections only a few days away. -----------------------Ray

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited October 2022

Prayers continue. So glad you got to see Diane.

edited October 2022

I am glad to hear this for you Ray and I have been expecting it since the latest court ruling telling NYC they have to rehire the first responders they fired for not getting the shot. So happy you can now see her.

There was a recent court ruling in NY that appears to have helped you out. Thank God.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Hope she is doing better .

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******

Thinking of you and your Mrs. this morning Ray and sending prayers for you both.

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers offered up for you and Diane, Ray.

Hang in there Brother. I am Sure Diane appreciates you being there. 👍

*When my 93 yr old Mom, broke her hip a couple years ago, "NO VISITATION" was in full force. Hospital/months in a Rehab etc. Made a difficult situation, more difficult on her. She's a tough old bird and back up and around.

edited October 2022

Yesterday my good friend and neighbor next to my Fluvanna, Virginia home called after work and informed me that he would drain my pipes in house and well house if I would just send him detailed instructions. He said he just wanted to do something for Diane and me. It is a complicated job and the house is close to the ground. Any mistakes and you will pay dearly next spring.

My daughter can't relieve me because of her horses and her house is too small to accomadate Diane in her condition. She can only stand if assisted.

Just thought you folks would like to know, that in spite of all the doom and gloom in the world, there are some people that would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. I am sure all your prayers are making a difference.------------------------------------Ray