In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bad accident at work today. UPDATE

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in General Discussion

I have a gentleman, 73, that works for me as an installer. He was retiring this may. I get a phone call at 2, that he fell off a first floor deck at a house under construction. No guardrail. He landed head first on a couple of 6x6 post on the ground. He was bleeding from his ears and nose. He might also have a severe leg injury. The paramedics said he was not talking, but conscience and looking around. Hospital won't give me any info, as I am not family. His wife is in a rehab facility, basically with dementia, and his daughters live across the country. I have no contact info for them. I will update you guys when I find out anything more. His name is Karl, and he could sure use some really good prayers. I'm heading up to the hospital tonight , and will try to see him. Oak.

PS, my other mechanic took pictures of the deck and his injuries. By the time I got there, The builder had men installing a guardrail. Too little, too late.🤬. This builder is always spot on, but screwed the pooch on this one. I can't be mad at him, only because he is a safety freak, and it comes down to the guys who built the deck, as well as him. Right now, my biggest concern, is where he was bleeding from. Probably a brain injury, but hopefully just a sever concussion.

karl is doing okay today. He broke his coccyx bone, cracked a rib, but the best news is, NO injury to his brain and no concussion. They are keeping him in the trauma ICU until Sunday. He is having a lot of pain, trying to walk, and will go to rehab. He is worried about work. Sheesh buddy, just get better. He also talked to the builder and told him he is not going to sue him, just wants his medical paid. What a heart of gold. Thanks for all the prayers. This man has worked for me for thirty years.

Comments