In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

P-17 US Enfield -- Post Rifles as Small Collection or Individually?

Colonial_OakColonial_Oak Member Posts: 8
edited February 2023 in Ask the Experts

Looking for GB veteran seller's recommendation - do small collections list/sell better than individually?

I collected a lot of 20th Century US, British, and German rifles from the various wars. During WW1, the US rechambered the British Enfield P13 to 30-06, by (3) manufacturers: Winchester, Remington, and Eddystone. Most if not all of you know the story.

Over the years I collected one of each in decent+ condition. I hate to part with them, and hate to see them split, BUT -- if I have to sell/list them here on GB, what would you recommend:

1) List them all together as a small collection, or 2) list them individually.

-- Thanks in advance, Rusty

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin

Collections of things, and,or gun/scope combinations rarely sell for as much as can be realized by selling the individual pieces. If those were my rifles, I would certainly sell them by the each. Just post a link in each auction alerting potential buyers to the availability of the other pieces.

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

I have been here over 20 years. WOW !!! Where did the time go. If they were mine I would list them one at a time with a note in my listing to see my other auctions for a buyer that my want more than one of your items. GOOD LUCK. Post lots of pics.

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

1ST to 'pick knits; there is no such thing as a 'p-17', it's a 'm-1917' (as opposed to the British p-14). then as duckhunter suggested, list them individually with a link to the others.

• Options
    Colonial_OakColonial_Oak Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2023

Mike, you seem petty, son (P17, M17, yada yada yada) in regards to nomenclature, I say you're wrong ... but I expected at least one petty reply on this forum, from someone that can't resist correcting another, and missing the entire point of the post -- guess you are it.

Next time, son, please just stay on point boy, instead of being a "Karen" -- enough of those around in the USA -- we don't need more. All I asked for was recommendations from veteran sellers on how to sell, not an opinion of my description of a rifle from a seemingly egotistical know-it-all.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

doesnt sound like colonial oak will be with us long .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited February 2023

"Mike, you seem petty, son"..................well, 1st off I did say "picking knits" and second I'm not your 'son'; probably older than you and more experienced in the gun trade

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@ColonialOak A. P17 is a 22caliber pistol made by Kek-Tec. If nomenclatures don’t mean anything why don’t you just sell them under the heading: I have rifles for sale don’t worry about what they are!!

You have a nice day kid.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,362 ******

@Colonial_Oak

Please read and follow the posting guidelines

You will not be warned again.

This discussion has been closed.