In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Broker pop ups....Please stop !

StasStas Member Posts: 4

Am I the only one that keeps getting a string of GB popups? Enter your email one every time I am on the site. Have put "junk" email in box and still have been getting popup multiple times a day. Password change, I don't want to, but keep getting that. A little green box at bottom of page that needs closing. "Cookies" box at every log in even though I have that cookie allowed in cookie list. This is a giant pain in the *, anyone else love these??????

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭

I don't get 'em except when I first log in. Solved that by not logging out. When you sign in check the 'Remember Me' box and when you're done with a session just close the window on your computer. When you open GB again there you'll be.

Welcome to the forum!

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,689 ******
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭

Stas, we can be of very little help with so very little information.

Laptop, tablet, phone? Operating system? Browser? Any ad blocker? Cookies enabled?

For the record, I run three computers, all running a different Linux OS, Brave browser plus uBlock Origin blocker. I never see an ad or popup of any kind anywhere. I have to sign in once every 30 days here, otherwise I just open the page and read.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭

As Rocky said, uBlock Origin... This customizable blocker is awesome! Sites that used to be too annoying to use now don't even pop up an ad.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

I got taken to task by Capt. unfun for mentioning ad blockers, so I hesitate to suggest it again.

• Options

The Brave browser itself has a very good ad blocker, but coupled with uBlock Origin, NUTHIN gets through.The only thing about Brave that I don't like is its sponsored ads for "points" feature but it is easily disabled. I also don't use its "wallet" function. Otherwise, it is secure, does not track your browsing or sell your history to advertisers. It's also blazing fast.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭✭

What popups? I am running the much maligned Windows 10 and the only popup I get is the one asking if I am 18 or older. I do stay signed in, so perhaps that is the reason that I have no problems. Bob

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭

BobJudy, same here and most times don't get 18 or older popup-------Ray

• Options

It is actually more your browser and/or ad blockers, if any. Some browsers allow anything through - or are so easily defeated by ad makers that the effect is the same. Some ad blockers are also easily defeated. It's an offense/defense war.

Among the worst browsers are Edge and Chrome. Firefox (for all its other faults) is better for privacy. I have never used an Apple device, but believe that Safari is pretty dismal. I can think of another dozen browsers but have only tried a few before I settled on Brave.