In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much do you think about winning the lottery? I actually stress over what I'd do sometimes

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭

This is how totally insane I am.....

I drive a lot and my mind wanders into the "what if" when I'm left alone for a long period of time.

I've thought about the lottery a good bit of time...more than I ever should allow. I've gone from thinking I'd live like a hermit, to forming a corporation with a diverse investment plan....brining in like minded families to assure the corp. continues to grow.

The nuttiest thing about this.....I don't even PLAY the lottery!

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭

I am going to win. Just yesterday I bought 10 tickets for $20, and I am thinking of how to spend $745 million.

Former talk show host Neal Boortz used to talk about how foolish it was to play the lottery. He said that the statistics show you have a better chance of being killed by lightning than you do of winning the lottery.

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think about winning the lottery. However, I do think about how I would make friends with someone who just won the lottery.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭

I would stay the same, except retire, and actually be able to afford the extra things I want.

I do sometimes wonder how you would keep the $ in a bank and make sure it is insured. How many bank accounts would you need to ensure 745 million was covered by FDIC?

And while I do buy some, its only a few times a year, so no real worry about winning!

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭

The lottery is nothing more than a tax on people that are bad at math. That said, we still play, especially when the payouts get yuge. We've decided if we ever win we wouldn't tell anyone except for our financial advisor and maybe our attorney.

• Options
    Butchdog3Butchdog3 Member Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭

.000000000000000000001 percent of the time.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭

I play when it gets up to large amounts

I know the odds are I will be hit by lightning while having my arm chewed on by a shark at the same time

But its still the one chance to change a family's life.

As for me my dream would be a nice very large lot of land or maybe a couple places to shuffle between during seasons and no buyong any businesses to worry about just enjoy what's left of my ife and hope my decendents get to also enjoy a much easier set life

A nice car and gun colection would be great to have

I will guess a sacuantary for unwanted pets would be top of the lady also along with of coures support the children's hospitals or similar it is always sad to see so many kids who never get a chance at live

Or as one departed cousin use to say when we were kids, of maybe 10 or 12 yrs old she would buy a new butt hers has a crack in it

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭

Kasey...Give up that dream. Switch to getting a huge inheritance. At least you have relatives.

Allen, I am genuinely hoping the third time won't be the charm, because I'm still here and I've been hit by lightning...twice.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    rivethookrivethook Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

We play when the amount is large, we have to drive 75 miles to Florida and I'm not going to make that drive for just a couple of million dollars!! We have found several great places to eat along the way and there are several gun shops to stop at and look.

• Options
    Butchdog3Butchdog3 Member Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭

Been hit by lightning running in on house wiring, does that count? ouch!

• Options

By my standards, that's a lightning hit. My first one was while holding a long pipe clothes rack in a barracks and lightning hit the building. The second was while at a Boy Scout camp and lightning came down the smoke of our campfire. Both times knocked me silly, left burns, and caused convulsions.

I don't count the several times lightning hit my airplane; that's a nothing burger.

I don't play the lottery, either. A: We don't allow it in Utah, and B: I wouldn't even if they did.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭

I am guilty of daydreaming of what to do with a big win. I only play occasionally when large jackpots . Yes, I know the odds . My retirement plan dies not include the lottery. It is relatively cheap fun

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options

If you enjoy the excitement and suspense, it's understandable. As long as you realize you really are just throwing your money away.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,992 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with spending a few bucks for the dream/entertainment. Something like going to the movies or buying an ice cream cone, you don't need it but if it gives you some pleasure.. enjoy

• Options

When I win three-quarters of a Billion this evening, I will have the biggest GB Giveaway in history.

You can have any gun you want.*

*Must cost less than $5,000.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

My brother once commented that he never buys lottery tickets because he could not afford to win.

Something about his wife always spending 10% more than he makes....

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭

Only thing I can think of is the Nissan needs a new A/C compressor.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******

It would pee me off to win it at my age. I wouldn't have time to spend it.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭

I do not play.... If I did and won a big prize, I would likely just get into all sorts of trouble...Or I would drop dead from the shock...... 🙃

• Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12

At 1 and 300 million chances that is pretty long odds. In a drawing of 10 people I can't even win. Just wasting money folks. Maybe the dreams are worth it.

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭✭

If I won the lottery I would:

Buy a Texas Ranch with a long dirt road

Send Stude to Shorty's Dream Shop

Buy a safe or two lol

Start shopping for Remington Rolling Block's

Oh an a brand new Chevy Suburban

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options

Ever notice majority of big money wins happen in california the state that needs the most tax money

About 30 years ago co workers aunt won the lottery nothing crazy like now but a few million

Her aunt gave most of the family like my coworker was a nince eack got like 10k each with a understang don't be knocking on my door this is it

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭

I figure the chance of winning the lottery is about the same as getting a fair shake from the government.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    tnrangertnranger Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

When I was doing some work in Harlan County, Ky, the story was going around about an old couple that came out of the mountains with their life savings of $20K and put it all in lottery tickets. They were sure that would improve their odds, and they would surely win the huge jackpot. You guessed it... they lost it all.

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭

I don't even think about playing the lottery.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭

I would just hire someone to handle all the mail, bills, paperwork and little crap that wastes my time.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think, I just buy 2 mega, 2 power and 2 state once or twice a week if it's big enough.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

Every night, without fail, Matilda would pray that she would win the lottery, with promises of all the good works she would do with the winnings. Every night she devoutly expressed her belief that the Lord would make that happen. Year after year- but no lottery jackpot.

One night she expressed her dismay- despite her faith and holy intentions- no lottery. Why had God not heeded her prayers?

A voice came from above. "Matilda- work with me here. Buy a ticket for once!"

• Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭

I'd buy some new tires for the F450........

Merc 😁

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭

I don't play the lottery games, because I know I'm not going to win.

• Options

I just checked my ticket for the Mega millions, drawn yesterday. I bought 10 tickets, six numbers on each ticket. Total sixty numbers I bought.

I matched one number total. What are the odds? I think I will be hit by a lightning bolt tomorrow, although rain is not predicted.

• Options

I would be one of the people who get a lawyer set it up to not allow my name to be published and never let anyone know I won ( except my wife and kids,, well the kids any way LOL ) it would be more fun if I was 21 yrs old but at 66 I will still take it

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14

This,

Could offer Grizzly viewing trips as you can dang sure see more grizzlies around and on this ranch than you can going through Yellowstone.

Mule

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭

I already “won” the lottery once.

I share this story every time it comes up.

When I got out of the military the State of Florida had an educational grant which was funded by the Florida State Lottery, for combat veterans. It paid for my bachelors and masters engineering degrees.

Those pieces of paper have given my family a good life.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******

...I also dream of winning a locust fork auction. Her great auctions bring top dollar from one of her many followers. I'm just not able to compete on those items.

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭

I'd become LF's best customer!!😎 Nothing newer than 1950, I like the look of those old, quality made shootin' irons.

I do buy some lotto tickets once in a while, enjoy the suspense and the dreaming.