In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much do you think about winning the lottery? I actually stress over what I'd do sometimes

2»

Comments

• Options
    neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭

My dad always said, "Son, you can't hit a home run if you don't swing the bat."

I don't swing the bat very often at all.

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭

I would spend the first half on: wine, women and song, and the second half foolishly.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17

I'm in! For $875 Million Dollars. Only cost me Twenty Bucks. I can't wait 'till Tuesday. Once again, there will be a giveaway, every forum member gets any gun they want, must cost cost under $5,000.

• Options

I didn't win. Again.

Nobody won the jackpot, and now, the prize is up near a Billion dollars!

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,147 ✭✭✭✭

With $875M I would either bring back "Alien Nation" tv show or finance "Judge Dredd 2" or turn it in to a tv series.

• Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21

They have made the odds so high that everybody wins but the ticket buyers. You have to match 6 numbers with each number between 1-70. Your odds of winning with a $2 ticket is .000000003 and if you buy 500 tickets (a $1000 worth) your odds are .000003. You can't win if you don't play though. If I win, I will not spend one dime. I will put it all in the bank at 5% interest and spend that.

In fact, compared to a 1-in-292 million odds, the likelihood of winning the average Powerball jackpot, getting struck by lightning would seem like a near certainty! According to the National Weather Service, a person has a 1-in-15,300 chance of getting struck by lightning in their lifetime, defined as an 80-year span.

• Options

Rocky has hit the lightning lottery, he is 1-in-30,600, having been hit twice.

• Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22

Wahoo I WON...$997,000,000! Gonna splurge: 1) fresh grounds for every cup of joe, 2) fake fur cover for my truck seat, 3) suicide knob for my riding mower, and 4) hire Mike Tyson to fend off all the "long lost" friends and relatives that magically appear.

Sorry if I startled y'all...I'm just practicing for the sure thing tonight.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭

I already “won” the lottery once. Me too, her name is Marie, that is all I need.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

I don't play the lottery and think about how my chances of winning are the same as someone who does. Other than that I never consider the lottery.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭

I would just about be able to payoff my bar tab ... if I played.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,620 ✭✭✭✭

I remember a very old lottery commercial that would be banned and sure bot PC

Back when it got started it cutto a midle age whie guy had won whole house and yard full of people

the commercial was pointing out all the long lost family showing up with house full of peope all varity of people the next knock on the door was a black man who said you remember me i'm cousin xx ( no I don't remember we his name )

But the commercial was pointing out if you win every one clames to part of the family to get close to the money

So you know how long ago that was ran

It was in poor taste but suppose to have Been funny at the time

I bought 10.00 worth of tickets tonight for each one

If I win watch for my obit on Monday

from a heart attack or a freak accident being ran over by the family car while sitting in my recliner lol

• Options

Someone in New Jersey won the 1.13 Billion Dollar Mega Millions lottery on Tuesday night.

There went my money! And I neglected to buy a ticket on Tuesday. Life is cruel sometimes.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,416 ******

A few nights ago, I dreamt that I won the big jackpot.

I've been trying to get back to sleep each night ever since and get back into that same dream!

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,147 ✭✭✭✭

If I won I'd move to a state with no income tax before cashing that ticket in. At least I got a year to do so. Then disappear.