In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Guns for Illegals?

chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

An Obama appointed judge mind you. 4473 change coming soon?

If illegals can purchase firearms NICs background checks need to end as well.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******

The Hatians will bring their own guns. Lock and load.

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭

Well by Enter the US illegally. You thereby when answering the questions on the 4473 on question 21.l. " Are you an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United Sates." In Violation of the LAW.

The Dealer is not allowed to process the firearm. We take all the Id information and retain the 4473 for our files. As required.

We stop prior to calling in to Nics check.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options

Agree however, legal citizens obtain firearms legally. Illegals can only obtain firearms illegally and obviously by illegal means.

Essentially, the judge appears to validate the illegals ownership of a firearm despite current laws proclaiming the illegal cannot obtain a gun thru present legal means. The whole scenario does not make sense to me anyway and IMHO has a distinct political stench to it.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

In my neck of the woods in Salinas it's been like that for gawed knows how long? I think the only difference these days are the 80%, jigs and a drill/router.

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭

Not being a Legal Citizen , What gives them the Right any wayt!

Should not be able to"

Drive (no license)

Vote (not a Citizen)

Work and Pay Taxes.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,362 ******

Good point Don.

• Options

Don, with all due respect, agree with the spirit & intent of the 2A. Carbajal was arrested in Chicago. He had no prior criminal record and was living a productive life and presented no public danger. Current laws as written. especially in gun controlled Illinois make it impossible for Carbajal to legally acquire firearm. Key word legally,

IMHO the laws preventing Carbajal from legally acquiring are unconstitutional.

• Options

hoosier - Pretty sure them "international" driver's license "allows" any of them to drive here. Lawd I wish them Chinamen from China wouldn't here but they do. As for voting here in California we got special allowances. This will keep this "great" state blue forever. Glad I won't be alive much longer Lawd willing but I think he's gonna curse me with longer than I think life.

I don't care if they work as long as they do and not get freebies like the Americans that been for generations. I guess for them it is work to keep getting hand outs for generations.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

The key point, HPD. I would amplify in by removing the ‘with guns’, however.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options

Isn't it really country given right? As much as I'd like to see Mexican Heysus (I'd like to think he looks like Danny Trejo) he gave me no rights.

Here I got plenty of American born bangers of Southern persuasion (no not Foghorn Leghorn) running around with guns. Personally I like everyone to be armed.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21

ILLEGALS ARE NOT US CITIZENS AND THEREFORE SHOULD HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ANYTHING.

• Options
  • Options

Let us be careful, mobuck.

This attitude leads us to the concept that governments are instituted to grant rights rather than protect them. This country is allowing these people to stay and thus they are legally here - legal residents. Anyone legally here retains all of their god given rights.

we need to re-label them as illegal and deport them; not create a class of less-than-human persons in limbo to be exploited by people and government at will.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******

Yeah, we fought a civil war over that very thing. However, just because a law is not enforced doesn't make it not a law.

• Options

Your first paragraph is spot on, waltermoe. Where you lose me is when you look to liberty negative solution rather than advocating for a use of this precedent to eliminate the FOID system in Illinois altogether. The judge made the right decision for all people who are granted legal residence in this country. Therefore the requirement that negatively impacts citizens with respect to non-citizens must be removed.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

Rights are bestowed to people by God. The US constitution restricts the US government from infringing those rights (a handful of these rights are specifically enumerated). If rights were bestowed by the US Government or were the US government not restrained by its governing documents, then they would be just in revoking, redistributing, or simply not acknowledging them (even infringing them) irrespective of citizenship. But since the US government is not endowed with the power to bestow which God alone can endow, and is so constrained regarding infringement thereof, it is unjust when it does so even to aliens. Other governments are similarly un-endowed with such power (to bestow rights) but are not so constrained regarding infringement thereof (wrongfully so, IMO, but that is beside the point) and so such justice does not exist within the confines of their borders. This situation creates an inequality which favors being within the US borders (and is at least one reason many migrate here).

To my view, the only argument that remains is whether the US Government is restrained from infringing rights it is powerless to bestow (and it is powerless to bestow any rights) outside the confines of its borders. The founding documents did not specify, so it could be argued that it is a power not granted. That is what I would argue anyway. One must keep in mind the US government is endowed (by the constitution) only with the specific enumerated powers listed therein. Other powers not listed are reserved to the people or the several states. At least I think I read that somewhere.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain