In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M60 tanks in Nam?

2»

Comments

• 11echo11echo Member Posts: 1,005 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    *L* That's funny about the smoke grenade! When I was there and we had just gotten out the field playing war games, they were doing a re-model on the barracks there, and someone through an Arty Simulator in one of the empty rooms ...blew out all the windows! OR the time someone dropped one of those German "twine bombs" (ex-large cherry bomb that looked like a ball of string) next to the foundation about 2am on the weekend! Boy those were "fun" times! *L*
  • BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were no M-60 tanks in Nam. Only the M-48 was there. I heard that Gunny video also. I am a retired intelligence officer who specialized in tanks. To my 33-years knowledge, there never were any M-60s in Nam. If someone has an authentic picture of one in Nam I would like to see it. I well remember the M-48s up at Hue, never saw an M-60 there.
  • Tanker JimTanker Jim Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No M60s in RVN that I know of. There were some older M48s, gas burners, due to shortage of the M48A3 Mod. Maybe some saw the M41s used by ARVN, they had a flat front slope .
    Jim
  • Tanker JimTanker Jim Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I posted without some basic info! I just surfed in and found this site, saw the tank posts and joined up.
    25 years on tanks. M48A3 Tank Commander in RVN 67-68
    Thanks
    jim
  • psychologistpsychologist Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    drove tanks with B co 2nd 34th armour 25th div later it was transferred to the big red one(1st div). they were M-48's