How to get a VIC?

deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in US Military Veteran Forum
I'm here in the great state of West Virginia and would like to get a veteran's ID card. Any other WV'ns have info in getting one? I was given a phone number to call but have left messages on their recorder and haven't gotten any call backs. Thanks

Comments

• us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not in your state but got mine at the VA clinic nearby.
    They take your picture and info and in about 5 minutes, had the card.
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got mine from the VA hospital also..
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive been trying for over a year to get one , no luck. Clinic wont give me one because I dont qualify, earn over $47000 a year. VA office says they cant get one for themselves. Tried State Senator and that was a joke, (Tammy Baldwin) she poses with vets for publicity but try and get her to actuallyl help! Last guy told me a lot of people want cards, just get in line and wait. Just a simple Id card that says I served and was honorably dicharged, what a joke.
  • kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to the business office of the VA hospital with my DD-214 and got one.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried that but they would not give me one because I didnt qualify because I make more than $47000 a year.