In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What Would Bush Do

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in Politics
If he was president still. With the 2 things going on in Israel and Russia.

Comments

• Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Speeches.
    Golf.
    Sanctions.
    Fundraisers.
    Politician stuff.

Edit - "Sanctions.", That's the one he forgot to do when it was his turn.
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Accidentally bomb the Russian embassy in Iraq of Afghanistan if there is one.

I remember the Chinese embassy was accidentally bombed after they caused our spy plane flying off their coast to crash.

EDIT
    Oops, my facts are backwards. The embassy was bombed first
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ukraine + Russia + Malaysia

Why should we stick our nose and tax dollars into it? Let the Malaysian government spend a little of their money and do something. The drugs gangs in Central America are a bigger threat to the US than Russia.

Israel? Screw Israel. They've wanted a war for years. They got one only not with Iran like they wanted. So let them have at it. Again our tax dollars should not be spent defending them when they are the ones that keep kicking the bee hive.
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Speeches.
    Golf.
    Sanctions.
    Fundraisers.
    Politician stuff.
    Better than the a**hat you voted for!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    Sign a few more xos that rescind our freedoms.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Sign a few more xos that rescind our freedoms.
    Yep.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Stoopdyman2035
    Speeches.
    Golf.
    Sanctions.
    Fundraisers.
    Politician stuff.
    Better than the a**hat you voted for!

You haven't a clue which * I voted for you moron. I'll give you one hint though, only one hint. It was a completely different * than who you think it was.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    Stay classy y'all
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Middle East: He'd fully support our ALLIES and condemn the terrorists operating out of Gaza. Granted, that support would consist of just words and perhaps some military gear, but he'd support them.

Russia and the Ukraine: he would have cut off the accounts of Russia a lot sooner than Obama did, and condemn the action... but as he also wouldn't want to get into a war with Russia or even piss them off too much, he'd not really do much.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What makes the difference? The old boy just got his knee fixed, so he would probably go clear some brush or ride his mountain bike. Or maybe he would start drinking again, slap Laura around a bit and get a PFA for his actions. It could happen
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well he certainly wouldn't have their American Express and Visa cards canceled/suspended like Obama did a month or so back to some high Ruskie officials [;)].......what a joke he is on foreign policy [:(!].....and everything else.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    Nothing

True, which is what he did about Georgia when the Russians got nasty there. Nothing of any good effect, a few things for political showmanship:
    - Bush sent humanitarian aid.
    - Bush had a Georgian brigade flown home from Afghanistan. The Russians promptly beat the crap out of them, hopelessly outclassed.
    - Bush sent a warship to deliver humanitarian aid via the Black Sea. But waited until ten days after the fighting stopped.

These are Politicians, not Leaders. A Leader would find an imaginative way to actually help, to change the course of events. A Leader would have the capacity within to at least try. Such people are rare and we've had none at hand for a long, long time.

We had no good options over Georgia and none over Ukraine or Crimea. You do not go to the border of Russia thinking you can bluff them militarily. You cannot succeed at this and everyone knows it. The Russians are perfectly aware that no European or American is willing to die for a former Soviet border state.

Even if we were willing, we wouldn't be talking about sending our forces to some third world crap pile to fight a proxy war. We'd be talking about fighting the Russians on their own home turf. Complete with all the reinforcement, short supply lines, massed armor and air power the Russians could muster on that home turf. If the Russians thought we were building forces to do that, they'd attack long before we had enough in place to matter.

All there is that the West is willing and able to do amounts to sanctions. That's all these Politicians have in their bag of tricks. Doesn't much matter who's in office.

Lacking a Leader of great skill, even brilliance, the game book is extremely limiting.
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Say what you want about Bush, but at least he grasped the gravity of his office. His presidency wasn't a full-time photo-op and attending GOP fundraisers.

I expect he would be planning at least a national address at this point to quell the fears of Americans and her allies looking for leadership.

Obama can't work it up because he doesn't want to p!$$ anyone off, mostly the progressive machine driving the agenda.
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Huge difference between a real president and a "COYOTE IN CHIEF"
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    So many "Bush haters" here! Kinda sad, actually. He is looking better and better as each year passes....kinda like Harry Truman and his legacy. Who knows what he would have done...but I don't think he would have been doing a fundraiser or going golfin' when the crisis (es) were happening. I would like to think that he would tell the country that we are going to help folks who ask for our material help (with something more than MRE's) and rally the cause against tyranny....Russian style. But you either have a backbone or you don't and both Bush presidents have one and the one we got now just kinda struts and acts cocky but not much in the backbone dept IMO.
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which Lier Are You Gonna Believe .......

question-authority-battaile-politics-1352708160_zps7ddcb10e.jpg[/img]

[;)][^]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    If he was president still. With the 2 things going on in Israel and Russia.

I'd rather see what would happen if Regan was still in office. The Ruskies were afraid of that old man they thought he was crazy and would nuke them!
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Chris in Tempe- There's hope for you- before the end of the year that part of Arizona will have enough illegals in it that they can follow the Russian-Ukraine policy and declare their independence from the US, becoming part of Mexico.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    Chris in Tempe- There's hope for you- before the end of the year that part of Arizona will have enough illegals in it that they can follow the Russian-Ukraine policy and declare their independence from the US, becoming part of Mexico.[:)]

A kind thought surely ...

Had we done what I've been talking about since Reagan's day we'd have placed and constantly increased Federal troops on the Border until we'd starved the Mexican Organized Crime Families of cash. That would have solved far more than just the illegals problem, which is a small symptom of the bigger security issue.

But no, the anti-illegal alien side wouldn't allow Border Security to be the main issue. They handed the pro-Open Borders side a perfect opportunity to win. All it took was putting a sympathetic human face on the illegals. That was easy, real easy.

We had an issue we could win on, and our "Leaders" picked the one angle they could lose on. Naturally, our leaders claim the other side cheated.

Funny how losers never take responsibility for their loss.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What would Bush do?

The poor economy, unemployment, myriad of negative world events and malaise from Israel to a crashed airliner in Ukraine are a direct result of the past Bush presidency.

If you do not believe me ask Obama or any of his sycophantic propagandists in the media.
    BHO does not even have to lie anymore: The media will lie for him.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    What would Bush do?

The poor economy, unemployment, myriad of negative world events and malaise from Israel to a crashed airliner in Ukraine are a direct result of the past Bush presidency.

If you do not believe me ask Obama or any of his sycophantic propagandists in the media.
    BHO does not even have to lie anymore: The media will lie for him.

Well, partly right. I mean there's pieces of "Right" in there anyway.

The situation today is the fault of everyone who came before, in a leadership role that is, and everyone in a leadership role today. That's how life works. We build on or recover from the good and bad of the past, mixing in the good and bad we come up with today.

Yes, Obama holds his share of the responsibility. As do the Bush's, Clinton, Carter and the various dead guys no longer around to answer.

Come the next *, we'll have someone new to pick up old blame and start on his own personal portfolio of new blame.

That's life in the big overstuffed office chair.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    he'd consult with Cheney and Wolfy, and and then invade Norway!!!
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    When Russia invaded Georgia, Bush did nothing, despite the fact that Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili was a five-star stooge who'd even sent troops to Iraq. GW did nothing for Georgia, which was our out and out puppet, so he'd surely do nothing for Ukraine.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever Dick Cheney says
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing, if he were in office this would not have happened.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall

Sooo... it didn't happen in Georgia either then eh?
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1

Comparing apples to oranges. Georgia is not the Ukraine...by a long shot. But who would know what he would do...but what you can't deny is they guy had backbone and was not afraid to act which most of you guys criticize him for doing. He was proactive and led from the front, not from behind. One on hand he is criticized for doing too much...and now he is criticized here by some for doing too little. One thing is for sure....he would not been at fundraisers, golfin' or standing on a bridge in DE or eating a burger at the Charcoal Pit in Wilmington holding babies and chatting it up in the "community" about being surrounded by better looking Biden's.
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Chinese embassy was accidentally bombed after China got caught stealing all of our nuclear secrets, the whole Wen Ho Lee affair.

quote:Originally posted by legear
    Accidentally bomb the Russian embassy in Iraq of Afghanistan if there is one.

I remember the Chinese embassy was accidentally bombed after they caused our spy plane flying off their coast to crash.

EDIT
    Oops, my facts are backwards. The embassy was bombed first
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bush would have been impeached by now if he had done the things Obama and his administration have done and continue to do.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't matter what went before.
    Odumba will do nothing, because he knows nothing, and he can't get past his belief that all he has to do is talk about something and the problem goes away. Then he can play some more golf, and eat some more lobster, paid for by the white heathens who have robbed the world and enslaved his half bros. Because he is Odumba the Great, the All Powerful Wizard, the Perfect Specimen whose Presence We Shall All Revere and Worship, and Whose Brilliance is Brighter Than the Sun.
    KnowhutIsayin'Bro?
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Ah yes. My favorite liberal. Mr opposite man. CiT, tell me something. Why are you here? Do you ever shoot? Hunt? Do you even own a gun? Really, I cant recall you ever talking about something you have done with a gun.

You are front and center to take issue with every word I say. I hit the post button, instantly hit refresh knowing you have relied with something I have said.

It never fails. You are more accurate than a swiss movement.

So I often wonder, what would have done different than Bush. I mean you are really full of hatred towards the guy, as most liberals are because the media instructs such insanity,

so why not start a post rather than just sit around attacking what every single person in here has to say?
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Here are some of the comments on the Russian invasion of Georgia during GW's final term:

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=319298

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=318812
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray

Comparing apples to oranges. Georgia is not the Ukraine...by a long shot. But who would know what he would do...but what you can't deny is they guy had backbone and was not afraid to act which most of you guys criticize him for doing. He was proactive and led from the front, not from behind. One on hand he is criticized for doing too much...and now he is criticized here by some for doing too little. One thing is for sure....he would not been at fundraisers, golfin' or standing on a bridge in DE or eating a burger at the Charcoal Pit in Wilmington holding babies and chatting it up in the "community" about being surrounded by better looking Biden's.

The problem with that yarn is Bush would either do nothing or do the dumbest thing he could come up with. Such as attacking the wrong country over 9/11.

Or completely misreading Putin by urging Georgia's entry into NATO in-spite of European reservations and NATO's charter exclusion prohibiting it. As if that wouldn't spur Putin into acting out militarily, seeing as how Bush saw into Putin's Soul and all that.

Bush misread Putin so badly that the day following their face to face meeting in China, Putin sent 9,000 troops, 350 tanks and massive air power into Georgia:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1043236/Georgia-overrun-Russian-troops-scale-ground-invasion-begins.html

Bush delayed his vacation by all of a day, but he still went on vacation while Georgia was being invaded. He still went to fundraisers. He continued to be a Politician, just like every other *.

George_W_Bush_Georgia_Putin.jpg

The only way you are ever going to find a politician that does not play golf or take a vacation or attend a fundraiser during a crisis is if you outlaw all those activities.

Good luck with that plan, but I suspect the politicians will write up a whole bunch of exemptions in the rules.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    didn't Bush refer to him as Puttee-Poo. I have looked into his soul, and he is a good man. isn't that Pres. Bush's words? or similar?
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On bush's worst day was better than anything we have had from Obama.

Obama administration is the most corrupt and a disaster in the history or the United States in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1

What American say's, Eh?
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ukraine shot down an airplane and killed a US citizen, Bush would invade Iraq.