In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bruce Jenner: ?I?m A Republican And A Christian?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Politics
And a transgender! I wonder if the Republican party is going to survive.Might as well be a democrat now! Duh! The two major parties are just one!

serf

http://nationalenquirer.com/2015/04/24/bruce-jenner-im-a-republican-and-a-christian/

After months of speculation that he was transitioning into a woman, Bruce Jenner confirmed the news in an interview with Diane Sawyer that aired on ABC Friday night, clarifying that he is also a Republican and a Christian

Comments

• Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I personally have no issues with Bruce.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bruce is okay in my books
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am curious that it makes that much difference to him this late in life, but his choice.

As to the political parties, they are two sides of the same coin.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    He ain't hurting me or costing me any money, so I don't much care.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are millions of folks who suffer from psychiatric disorders. He appears to have what the DSM-V describes as "Gender Identity Disorder". How he deals with it is none of my business; I wish him well......

......just as long as I don't have to pay for his hormone injections or surgery or whatever else he thinks he needs.

Neal
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't understand all the fuss about Bruce. If he was some john or jane doe in Podunk USA would we have ever heard about this?
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,005 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't science beautiful! We can now alter our sex,have women freeze their eggs for later fertilization by sperm from who she ever deems and have sexual intercourse with any sex we prefer without fear of pregnancy or recrimination.

God Bless American!

serf
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really don't care what he (she?) wants to do to him/herself, but I am getting dang tired of hearing about it and seeing it all over the internet.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    I really don't care what he (she?) wants to do to him/herself, but I am getting dang tired of hearing about it and seeing it all over the internet.

It's like its the only and most important thing going on in the world,,[|)]

I have been called a kitty before,,,does that mean maybe I am not a full man and need one attached?, wouldn't take much to take johnson off,
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all the attention the other felines in the family are getting it decided to join in...[:o)]
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First, I have a sneaky suspicion that this whole "transformation" and "transgender liberation" in his case is nothing more than publicity for his forthcoming reality TV show. In some ways I look at Bruce like I look at Donald Trump when he starts talking about running for president and lands on the front page of the newspaper. I'm a little disgusted by how dumb and easily manipulated so many people in the media are.

Second, it's weird. I'm a libertarian, to each his own, whatever, but it's weird. You have a BallPark Frank and testicles but you think you're a woman. You're not, just look in your pants. Sex is, in 99.9999999% of the human population binary. You're one or the other.

Finally, what next? OK, happy people are great and wonderful and I should be celebrating them. But then all the sudden, maybe 6 months after happy marriage became something you have to fully support or you're a Neo-Nazi, I am not supposed to be 100% on board with transgender people? And I am more than certain that in a few months, maybe a year, the newspaper is going to be telling me that I need to be more open-minded and accepting of adults who want to have sex with farm animals or small children.

Sorry, but Archie Bunker is starting to make a a little sense.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You sound old.

[}:)]

Merc (I don't care what people do to themselves, as long as I'm not paying for it, and it doesn't hurt anyone else!) I would prefer not to hear about it, though.

quote:Originally posted by mlincoln
    First, I have a sneaky suspicion that this whole "transformation" and "transgender liberation" in his case is nothing more than publicity for his forthcoming reality TV show. In some ways I look at Bruce like I look at Donald Trump when he starts talking about running for president and lands on the front page of the newspaper. I'm a little disgusted by how dumb and easily manipulated so many people in the media are.

Second, it's weird. I'm a libertarian, to each his own, whatever, but it's weird. You have a BallPark Frank and testicles but you think you're a woman. You're not, just look in your pants. Sex is, in 99.9999999% of the human population binary. You're one or the other.

Finally, what next? OK, happy people are great and wonderful and I should be celebrating them. But then all the sudden, maybe 6 months after happy marriage became something you have to fully support or you're a Neo-Nazi, I am not supposed to be 100% on board with transgender people? And I am more than certain that in a few months, maybe a year, the newspaper is going to be telling me that I need to be more open-minded and accepting of adults who want to have sex with farm animals or small children.

• Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So if I paint myself red and sleep in the garage I can say I'm a Ferrari?
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

Only if you'll post up some pictures of it for us to make fun of![:D]
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    You sound old.

[}:)]

Merc (I don't care what people do to themselves, as long as I'm not paying for it, and it doesn't hurt anyone else!) I would prefer not to hear about it, though.

quote:Originally posted by mlincoln

I can't argue with that.

I just don't know how to make sense of it all. And I for damn sure am not looking forward to figuring out how I am going to explain this all to my kid.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The GOP Big Tent has three rings and the traditional freak show.

Almost nostalgic.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just an attention whore like the rest of the family....anything for a buck. Does not affect my life so I really could care less either way.
  • Options
    milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He can grow wool, sleep with sheep and call himself a ram if that's what blows his skirt up and makes him happy.

One degenerate more or less doesn't mean crap to me.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    It's a shame that he's not also part Negro/Hispanic/Amerind and a midget with a glass eye, harelip and a bad limp who also works part time at an abortion clinic.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    They must be running out of news to report or they have an agenda to push. 2 hours of that crap. Glad it was past my Bed time.
  • Options
    swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    Could be he should'a thought 'bout his gender prior to having his 10 kids,,,,,,,,,[:o)]

What, he can't be a lesbian too? [:D]

I don't know who Bruce Jenner is, and I'm perfectly fine remaining that way.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swopjan
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    Could be he should'a thought 'bout his gender prior to having his 10 kids,,,,,,,,,[:o)]

What, he can't be a lesbian too? [:D]

I don't know who Bruce Jenner is, and I'm perfectly fine remaining that way.

Gold medal decathalon 1976 was his original claim to fame....
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the little bit I watched of the sideshow last night, what struck me is that whatever powder room he chooses to use, Bruce isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and appears that he is a borderline nutcase.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    From the little bit I watched of the sideshow last night, what struck me is that whatever powder room he chooses to use, Bruce isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and appears that he is a borderline nutcase.

You, Sir, have a gift for understatement...[;)]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

You, Sir, have a gift for understatement...[;)]

I leave all the serious yarn spinnin' to WD. He is a professional, you know. [;)][:D]
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The fascination with deviant's in this society is disturbing, sorry if I'm not interested in these weirdo's lives. [:X]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by m88.358win

The fascination with deviant's in this society is disturbing, sorry if I'm not interested in these weirdo's lives. [:X]

+1000^^^^^^^
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We all have our crosses to bear in life. I am glad they type he carries is not upon my shoulders.
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    I've got enough of my own problems, then to worry about his. I wish him a fulfilling life in whatever he does.
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

Isn't science beautiful! We can now alter our sex,have women freeze their eggs for later fertilization by sperm from who she ever deems and have sexual intercourse with any sex we prefer without fear of pregnancy or recrimination.

God Bless American!

serf
    Serf I think you and I have enough truth in us that we can say without a doubt, "God will not bless this kind of conduct."
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    As to the political parties, they are two sides of the same coin.

Amen.
  • Options
    popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's sad, for if he hadn't mentioned being a Christian and Republican he would've gotten ALL kinds of support from the Hollyweird Left and the Left in general - and now they'll mercilessly attack and ridicule him. He should have kept his mouth shut.
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why is this even considered news?
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Who?

'zacklee.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last job I had was in the state office building. There was an employee that was transgender. He/she was very attractive and if you didn't know it could shock you. It was pretty entertaining to watch all the macho men struggle with their feelings.

I'm sure I'll die sometime, but I don't think it will be from worrying about other peoples business.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You Bet, but that won't make you really fast. or purty.[}:)]
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

You Bet, but that won't make you really fast. or purty.[}:)]
    The real question is can he make good lasagne?
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wundudnee
    The last job I had was in the state office building. There was an employee that was transgender. He/she was very attractive and if you didn't know it could shock you. It was pretty entertaining to watch all the macho men struggle with their feelings.

I'm sure I'll die sometime, but I don't think it will be from worrying about other peoples business.

Do you mind if I borrow this quote? It sounds like something Will Rogers would have said.