In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Benjamin Netanyahu Says...

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
edited February 2016 in Politics
"I have been long suffering and patient with the Obama administration. For six years I have been dumbfounded at the level of incompetency, naivety, and rudeness that Obama and his administration exhibit on an almost daily basis. He (Obama) has shown nothing but contempt for Israel and the Israeli people, and shown support and given aid to our enemies. Obama broke protocol first when he sent his thugs over here to try and unseat me. I am not doing this for myself, but for the sake of Israel and the U.S. When facing a bully, there comes a point where you have to hit back, and hit hard." Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Voted for Cruz in the primary already.

I find it amazing many of the Jewish faith actually voted not once but TWICE for Obama.

The "Yellow Dog" as well as the "Lemming Theory" are alive and well.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    I voted for Cruz as well.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

I find it amazing many of the Jewish faith actually voted not once but TWICE for Obama.

Any Jewish person who votes for a democrap is an idiot.

I am a Cruz fan and I like and respect Netanyahu.
    RLTW

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz has my vote
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    We must remember that the Jewish people are not by any means all the same. Some are totally ignorant of history and many place their liberalism before all else. Most of these people have never witnessed a number tattooed on the arm of a Holocaust survivor. Even if they have they cannot reconcile the events of WW2 as relevant to themselves.

Benjamin Netanyahu is not one of the above. He remembers, he knows, and he understands. He's a man of honor and very unlike the man who we somehow have elected as president. If I were Cruz I'd be honored by the support of such a man.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At present, Cruz is talking best on the issues.

I hope to hell he cleans up his campaign, and the firing of the idiot who distorted Rubio's bible comments is a good first step.

The problem is that Cruz is accumulating more baggage than the lost and found at Hartsfield, and I fear, unless he changes the culture of his campaign, he will lose more people due to dirty tricks than he will pick up as the also-rans drop off.

Clean it up, Ted. I would like to support you, but a campaign that engages in half truths, photo-shops and intimidating mailers reflects the leadership of the candidate. You need to fix this now or you will be the next also-ran.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Cruz doesn't have a prayer but I hope he wins Texas. He really looks stupid for firing his top communications guy. He should have taken the blame and thrown himself under the bus. Now he just looks mean and disloyal.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hillary is "clueless" but nothing new. Obama is an "xxxx" idiot.

QUOTE:
    Speaking at the Brookings Institution on September 9, 2015, about the Iran nuclear deal, Hillary Clinton said, "As president I will take whatever actions are necessary to protect the U.S. and its allies. I will not hesitate to take military action." She also noted she understood Israel's concerns about the agreement, but added, "I would not support this agreement for one second if I thought it put Israel in greater danger." Clinton emphasized that her approach to enforcement would be "distrust and verify."[1][2]
    https://ballotpedia.org/2016_presidential_candidates_on_foreign_affairs

pukebig.gif
  • Options
    JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a MOT who is not such a fan of Cruz, or "conseravatism", I want to add something here.

My people have had a problem for a number of years. That is that they tend to think that a. you can think your way through a problem, and b. that they are 100% part of the mainstream of whatever culture they are in.

The synagogue I grew up in was reform We specifically joined it because my aunt was Christian, and they allowed her to be a full member, and the Rabbi was a Holocaust survivor, much like the rest of my family.

I tell people this, and they think its funny, but I was scared shi-less going to synagogue. I was convinced that the PLO or the Nazis were going to come, and where better to attack than right there?

As kids, my cousin and I took our boy scout pocket knives with us, because what else could we bring?

I have run into so many people who thought "well, that was then, things are different now, etc." They aren't. In the 1940's, the 1880's were "then" and the 1940's were "now". Nothing has changed.

But my people consistently think things through, and while they may be 100% "right" or "rational", they tend not to think in terms of the "real".

So many people thought "I am a tax paying citizen, I was in the Austrian Army in WWI, I live side by side with non-Jews, surely this isn't serious". Bullsh-t. Because when a mob is breaking windows and burning stores, there is something very real and dangerous. You can't think your way out of this, you can't reason your way out of this.

It bothers the crap out of me that Netanyahu is talking any smack at all about the US.

Understand that in Israel, there are all kinds of Jews, but the unifying feature, and lesson learned is "if someone says they want to kill you, believe them, and strike first".

We in America have been extremely fortunate not to have had to deal with this.

Looking at a guy like Cruz, and many of the evangelicals, it's not that they love Israel, its that they hate everyone else around there. That, plus the fact that there is the thought that the Messiah will come when all the Jews return to Israel. If they loved the Jews so much, why the efforts at conversion?

I've never been there. I was born in Detroit....

I guess these are some random thoughts here...
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jgreen
    As a MOT who is not such a fan of Cruz, or "conseravatism", I want to add something here.

My people have had a problem for a number of years. That is that they tend to think that a. you can think your way through a problem, and b. that they are 100% part of the mainstream of whatever culture they are in.

The synagogue I grew up in was reform We specifically joined it because my aunt was Christian, and they allowed her to be a full member, and the Rabbi was a Holocaust survivor, much like the rest of my family.

I tell people this, and they think its funny, but I was scared shi-less going to synagogue. I was convinced that the PLO or the Nazis were going to come, and where better to attack than right there?

As kids, my cousin and I took our boy scout pocket knives with us, because what else could we bring?

I have run into so many people who thought "well, that was then, things are different now, etc." They aren't. In the 1940's, the 1880's were "then" and the 1940's were "now". Nothing has changed.

But my people consistently think things through, and while they may be 100% "right" or "rational", they tend not to think in terms of the "real".

So many people thought "I am a tax paying citizen, I was in the Austrian Army in WWI, I live side by side with non-Jews, surely this isn't serious". Bullsh-t. Because when a mob is breaking windows and burning stores, there is something very real and dangerous. You can't think your way out of this, you can't reason your way out of this.

It bothers the crap out of me that Netanyahu is talking any smack at all about the US.

Understand that in Israel, there are all kinds of Jews, but the unifying feature, and lesson learned is "if someone says they want to kill you, believe them, and strike first".

We in America have been extremely fortunate not to have had to deal with this.

Looking at a guy like Cruz, and many of the evangelicals, it's not that they love Israel, its that they hate everyone else around there. That, plus the fact that there is the thought that the Messiah will come when all the Jews return to Israel. If they loved the Jews so much, why the efforts at conversion?

I've never been there. I was born in Detroit....

I guess these are some random thoughts here...

I found your post interesting. I went to a synagogue with a good friend of mine for a religious service when in junior high school, and I must say It was not like any protestant service I'd ever made! Getting back to my point, though, would you please expand on your comments that I have highlighted in red? I don't quite understand the hate relationship that evangelicals have for everyone else around there comment. Do you actually think that evangelicals hate the "good people" in the neighboring countries?
    What's next?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    Cruz is a good choice for so many reasons, not the least of which is his support of Israel. Benny is right on the money in all respects.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Cruz is a good choice for so many reasons, not the least of which is his support of Israel. Benny is right on the money in all respects.

Yep. There is little disagree with in what Netanyahu says.

Incompetence, naivety, and rudeness. All true, and hardly the traits one looks for in a leader.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I found your post interesting. I went to a synagogue with a good friend of mine for a religious service when in junior high school, and I must say It was not like any protestant service I'd ever made! Getting back to my point, though, would you please expand on your comments that I have highlighted in red? I don't quite understand the hate relationship that evangelicals have for everyone else around there comment. Do you actually think that evangelicals hate the "good people" in the neighboring countries?

It's funny you say that, because most every Catholic/Protestant/Christian service I have ever been to is about 80% the same as any Jewish service. The language may be different, the costumes change, but the message is pretty similar.

I was being a little flippant when I said that conservatives "hate everyone else around there", but I'll say that by and large, when it comes to the middle east in general, I don't see the conservatives showing much love for Muslims, and the masses that identify as "conservatives" tend to really hate the Muslims.

When I say that Jews tend to think that we are part of regular society, it's almost like for years, we've been outsiders, but more and more, we have integrated with society, and hopefully society sees Jews as nothing too different.

In all of the Middle east, It isn't the Israelis shouting death to America. For all the barking that Netanyahu does, he knows good and damn well that Israel has no friends in the middle east, and it's not a good idea to pi-- on your friends.

And as a practical matter, there is one country in the middle east that the US can count on for intelligence and that has its interests basically aligned with the US, and that's Israel.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

Any Jewish person who votes for a democrap is an idiot.

I am a Cruz fan and I like and respect Netanyahu.

All references and demographic information I can find shows 74% of Jewish voter voted for Obama in both the 08 and 12 elections. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    being in the seafood business,I cut my teeth on Jewish business men...I have one guy thats a republican , and the rest (many) are liberals and vote democrat consistantly....I like them all because Jesus was a Jew....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I found your post interesting. I went to a synagogue with a good friend of mine for a religious service when in junior high school, and I must say It was not like any protestant service I'd ever made! Getting back to my point, though, would you please expand on your comments that I have highlighted in red? I don't quite understand the hate relationship that evangelicals have for everyone else around there comment. Do you actually think that evangelicals hate the "good people" in the neighboring countries?

It's funny you say that, because most every Catholic/Protestant/Christian service I have ever been to is about 80% the same as any Jewish service. The language may be different, the costumes change, but the message is pretty similar.

I was being a little flippant when I said that conservatives "hate everyone else around there", but I'll say that by and large, when it comes to the middle east in general, I don't see the conservatives showing much love for Muslims, and the masses that identify as "conservatives" tend to really hate the Muslims.

When I say that Jews tend to think that we are part of regular society, it's almost like for years, we've been outsiders, but more and more, we have integrated with society, and hopefully society sees Jews as nothing too different.

In all of the Middle east, It isn't the Israelis shouting death to America. For all the barking that Netanyahu does, he knows good and damn well that Israel has no friends in the middle east, and it's not a good idea to pi-- on your friends.

And as a practical matter, there is one country in the middle east that the US can count on for intelligence and that has its interests basically aligned with the US, and that's Israel.

That's kind of like what I figured that you meant. Malcolm X and his bunch back in the 60s turned intelligent people against the radical-militant elements of the Muslim communities here in the U.S., and with the Iranian problems before and during 1979, things have gotten progressively worse for them ever since.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You make some valid points, but you lessen your impact when you resort to using loaded language like conservatives don't have much love and/or hate muslims. That implies an emotional reaction, and I think most conservatives could make a clear case that their distrust for muslims is well based in realistic assessment of the behavior of many muslims, and the widespread support for that behavior from the muslim world in general.

I don't like, dislike, or hate muslims. I think that their belief system is a violent political ideology masquerading as a religion. If the muslim world and its people would start behaving like they have at least heard of civilization, and common decency, they would quickly find that the world's interest in them would be measured in micro-give-a-craps.

As long as they are the nexus of the vast majority of unrest, terrorism, and political mayhem on the planet, they will just have to excuse the rest of us paying attention...and not being especially pleased.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    At present, Cruz is talking best on the issues.

I hope to hell he cleans up his campaign, and the firing of the idiot who distorted Rubio's bible comments is a good first step.

The problem is that Cruz is accumulating more baggage than the lost and found at Hartsfield, and I fear, unless he changes the culture of his campaign, he will lose more people due to dirty tricks than he will pick up as the also-rans drop off.

Clean it up, Ted. I would like to support you, but a campaign that engages in half truths, photo-shops and intimidating mailers reflects the leadership of the candidate. You need to fix this now or you will be the next also-ran.

I normally disagree silently with many of your post but your spot-on here with your assessment [;)]. If he keeps this up he'll lose my vote to this childish behavior, am afraid he's already lost many votes & much support over this........very very stupid.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Go to Top of Page

kimi
    Advanced Member

USA
    38090 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2016 : 2:30:41 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote

quote:
    Originally posted by Jgreen

quote:
    I found your post interesting. I went to a synagogue with a good friend of mine for a religious service when in junior high school, and I must say It was not like any protestant service I'd ever made! Getting back to my point, though, would you please expand on your comments that I have highlighted in red? I don't quite understand the hate relationship that evangelicals have for everyone else around there comment. Do you actually think that evangelicals hate the "good people" in the neighboring countries?

That's kind of like what I figured that you meant. Malcolm X and his bunch back in the 60s turned intelligent people against the radical-militant elements of the Muslim communities here in the U.S., and with the Iranian problems before and during 1979, things have gotten progressively worse for them ever since.

There was a documentary on PBS on the Black Panthers the other day. It was interesting for a number of reasons, and along those same lines, they had a school breakfast program. Great idea. Who can argue with that? When Huey Newton got out of jail, he apparently wanted to double down on this program, but Eldridge Cleaver apparently wanted to double down on the revolutionary stuff. Not such a great idea.

My dad used to talk about the Detroit 1967 riots, and used to say "When they talk about raping a white woman as a political statement, you know they're off the rails." I used to say "What in the hell is he talking about?"

But when I watched the documentary, I must say, it seemed awfully rosy, and glossed over much of the bad that was part of the BPP. So I got on my handy dandy internet, and read a bit about Eldridge Cleaver. Who wrote "Soul on Ice". Who was a convicted rapist, and spoke about raping white women as a political act.

So, long story short, yes, they got a lot of press, and there are those that say that there is no such thing as bad press. I'm not so sure about that...
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i sat thru the news about the dumb mule things comming out and thought could those people with cruz been plants all along who were involved in this crap? i mean what was done was so over the top and hard to believe it was not planned to destroy cruz with the voters. i mean done right in the open so it could not be missed by a blind man. i just don,t believe cruz would ok either of the screw ups. maybe they will get a big payday from the trump machine. mr myopic.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Cruz/Rubio ticket will win against the Democraps.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i will wait and see how the U.N. tells me to vote
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its interesting that Ben Netanyahu would be surprised with Obama's treatment of policy toward his country. Barack being more like Jesse Jackson did get the big vote from the Jewish community here.

His betrayal of that endorsement should have come as no surprise. The rest of us who did not vote for him were equally disappointed at the failure of this admin. Not only for international affairs.

Most of our disappointment with the Obama administration is the multitude of failures here at home. Shame on Obama and his failed tenure as president.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will never understand how a practicing Jewish person would not support conservative principles and conservative candidates. It's really rather mind boggling but there are patently a lot of them that don't.[:I]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    The Netanyahu endorsement is satire boys.
    I wanted to verify it was real before I posted it myself.

It's not.
    http://www.conservativefifty.com/breaking-netanyahu-endorses-candidate-in-u-s-presidential-race
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    The Netanyahu endorsement is satire boys.
    I wanted to verify it was real before I posted it myself.

It's not.
    http://www.conservativefifty.com/breaking-netanyahu-endorses-candidate-in-u-s-presidential-race

Yep, I did, too.

"Obviously this is a satire piece. Well half satire anyway. However, there are always those who believe anything posted in on the internet, so again, DISCLAIMER: This article is satire.

But while being satire, there is a great deal of it that is true, hence it being "half" satire. It's true that Obama and Netanyahu hate each other, and that Boehner invited Netanyahu to address Congress, and that Obama is pitching a temper tantrum over it and refusing to meet with the Prime Minister. It's true that Obama has threatened sanctions against Israel. It's true that Obama has embraced and aided our enemies, namely radical Islam and its nations. It's true, disgustingly so, that Obama has sent political campaign operatives to Israel at U.S. TAXPAYER EXPENSE in an effort to unseat Netanyahu, the leader of Israel, our most staunch ally. It's also true that Cruz and Congressman Zeldin have sent a letter to John Kerry asking for an investigation into it, and the information given regarding the campaign against Netanyahu, as well as the quote from Cruz about it is accurate as cited by news sources linked."
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saturday, here in South Carolina I voted for Cruz. Trump won with Rubio second. I'm thinking that our country might be screwed.[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is some pretty poorly written satire.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    Saturday, here in South Carolina I voted for Cruz. Trump won with Rubio second. I'm thinking that our country might be screwed.[:(!]
    Screwed because your guy didn't win?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GuvamintCheese
    Perhaps he is referring to the two fold problem of a Trump nomination. 1) because, of the GOP candidates Trump currently is pulling the worst numbers vs. Clinton and 2) of the GOP candidates, Trump is the one who's beliefs and stated policies most closely align with the democrats.

Mere speculation of course, but that is what I would proffer.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    good thing its satire, for a second there i thought this belonged in politics forum [:D]
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most all Jews vote democratic due to the liberalism they represent. Part of there religion history beliefs.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz doesn't have a prayer but I hope he wins Texas. He really looks stupid for firing his top communications guy. He should have taken the blame and thrown himself under the bus. Now he just looks mean and disloyal.

I think he looks decisive and displayed the kind of accountability that Americans have been screaming for from its politicians. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. You say he looks mean, if it didn't fire him then Rubio and Trump would crucify him and says he must have backed the guy's play.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1

If anyone considers the US "SCREWED",if Trump becomes POTUS,what do you consider this nations condition right now?
    Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater just because your "guy"is suckin hind tit?
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm for Cruz.

I wonder if BaRat Obislama realizes he might be playing with fire aiding and abetting enemies of Israel, would love to see MOSSAD come after him after he leaves office.[;)]
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    That is some pretty poorly written satire.
    That, and I don't see which part meets any definition of satire.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been disappointed that Netanyahu has cowtowed to Obama. It is amazing how much money is involved that can make them capitulate to things that go against their interests. Sad for Israel, the future will be no better for them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    good thing its satire, for a second there i thought this belonged in politics forum [:D]

Fancy that!!!!!!![:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    DaveJDaveJ Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke
    I'm for Cruz.

I wonder if BaRat Obislama realizes he might be playing with fire aiding and abetting enemies of Israel, would love to see MOSSAD come after him after he leaves office.[;)]

The Zionist terrorists attempted to murder Harry Truman, murdered JFk and planned the murder of Bush Sr. when he visited Madrid in order to cast blame on Sadam. The Jews are quite good at murder and exporting terrorism.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaveJ
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke
    I'm for Cruz.

The Zionist terrorists attempted to murder Harry Truman, murdered JFk and planned the murder of Bush Sr. when he visited Madrid in order to cast blame on Sadam. The Jews are quite good at murder and exporting terrorism.
    So are you.....I must remind you , that Jesus was a Jew...[:o)]