In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I can't beleive it GB guys against the 2nd

ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
The guys who hate the NRA because they are not hard line enough

Are now coming out against the right of the PEOPLE to BEAR firearms.

Now the 2nd amendment of the Constitution is being challenged by our own Constitutional experts.

Trump says the right of the people to bear arms across state lines is a goal and we hate Trump so much we use this as an excuse to not vote for him????!!!

Wow just wow

Comments

• Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you go back over the years here you will find many here supported oblammer in th first election because they didn't like the republican nominee.

They will do it again, this time with hitlary

I don't care who gets the nomination for the republicans, that's going to be th only choice to keep hitlary out.

They hate Trump so much that they would rather protest and not vote or vote for a non winner and be satisified with hitlary all the while saying "I voted what my heart told me to do"

Well, I'll be blunt, if you help get hitlary elected then eff you [:(!]
  • Options
    popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    If you go back over the years here you will find many here supported oblammer in th first election because they didn't like the republican nominee.

They will do it again, this time with hitlary

I don't care who gets the nomination for the republicans, that's going to be th only choice to keep hitlary out.

They hate Trump so much that they would rather protest and not vote or vote for a non winner and be satisified with hitlary all the while saying "I voted what my heart told me to do"

Well, I'll be blunt, if you help get hitlary elected then eff you [:(!]

I know there are such people, but I haven't seen any here. Those here have said that if Trump wins the nomination that they will support him.

The same should go for Cruz if he wins the nomination.

BTW, The Gun Owners of America back Cruz, and I've read that they're more hardcore than the NRA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=671061

Read some of those comments. Damn near identical to '08 and '12.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first choice is whoever is the strongest running candidate against Hildebeast. Intentionally wasting your vote on a third party candidate is just that, waste. You might as well have placed your vote directly on Hildebeast. You may have made yourself feel morally superior by voting for the third candidate of your conscience, but you just screwed yourself and the rest of the country with that vote. For example, I would prefer Cruz, but if Trump gets the nomination, he gets my vote. If Cruz runs as an independent, he will only siphon off votes and cost us the election, as did Ross Perot.
  • Options
    popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=671061

Read some of those comments. Damn near identical to '08 and '12.

I missed that thread. A lot of those are Libertarians. They never vote for anyone who has a chance in Hell of winning.

Andrew, exactly right!
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess you Trump guys missed the quotes in Trumps book where he clearly supported gun control. And now all of a sudden he's the 2nd Amendments savior? Trumps principles blow with the wind. So go right ahead and vote him in...Hillary/Trump will be little difference in the way they will run things. Maybe it's time the Republic went down the tubes & hit the reset button.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hillary wants Australian type gun control,(confiscation). She wants to make FFL fees $2500 yearly. She wants a 200% tax on each gun sale. She wants all gun sales, every one, even if it's just one, to be only by an FFL dealer. Can she get any of that? I think she could get some of it, especially after appointing some stooge to the Supreme Court.
    Obama still intends to implement any gun sold only thru an FFL holder before he goes.
    There is no one I wouldn't vote for instead of Hillary, or any Demoncrap for that matter. I'll take my chances with Trump or Cruz, or anybody else. It's time to be realistic. They will never give up until they cancel the 2nd Amendment. We have to last as long as we can if we want to keep it. NO DEMONCRAPS. EVER.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The shallow end of the pool is getting crowded. Hopefully they can find a longer bus for the trip home.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,963 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Trump campaign reminds me of Hitler's campaign in the 30's. Both prey on the hates and fears of the people.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    The Trump campaign reminds me of Hitler's campaign in the 30's. Both prey on the hates and fears of the people.

I hate to see the USA go down the Crapper and I fear that it will be done if Hitlery or Scamders get's in.

What does that make me?
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump supporters are starting to turn me off more than Trump I was going to hold my nose and vote for him in the General If my guy didn't win but the way his supporters are acting third party candidate is looking better to me all the time
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by captnobody
    Trump supporters are starting to turn me off more than Trump I was going to hold my nose and vote for him in the General If my guy didn't win but the way his supporters are acting third party candidate is looking better to me all the time

Was your guy Bernie Sanders by chance?
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What campains do not play on the fears of the people?

When you need to choose between evils as we have in the past. What is the choice?

When the choice was Obama or McCain...

So when it comes down. To the superbowl of elections. Pick your team![:o)]
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    It is a major inconvenience when there are voters out there who actually track the candidates stand on gun control. Two fine examples are McCain and Romney. McCain and his gun show loophole was the talk of the boards for many months, as was Romney's signing the assault weapons ban while governor of Massachusetts and his support of the 1994 Crime Bill. When these clowns decided to run for President it was decided that all would be forgiven and their previous record was supposed to be swept under the rug and forgotten. Of course there are still plenty of threads critical of their previous anti gun position in the GB archives, but anyone who dares to bring them up is a fed apples and oranges and then called a liberal Obama loving troll who should be removed from the forum.

Would that be an accurate description?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trump has sold his soul to the Devil as far as I'm concerned. He has given tons of money to Democrats..recently too including Hillary Clinton.... Yet calls himself a Conservative. Bunch of hooey.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "No one is perfect! I'll have to pout and not vote for anyone!!!"

Or, if your name is "Perfect", you can patronize other people for posting their opinions. Obviously you're better than the rest of us.

Me? I'm voting Republican because on balance they stand for what I stand for. Not exactly...but mostly.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mark, that isn't it at all. It is the blatant "rather have obamma" or "rather have clinton" or "I don't care who wins" because "I'm voting for whoever" or "I'm not voting at all" because "my guy didn't win thr nomination".

Those people are here, they were here in every election that this board was running, they were here for obummers two wins and proclaimed loudly "that will teach ya!!" Now we must all suffer again.

I support Trump mainly because he is winning, if Cruz takes over I will support Cruz. Hell I would support Mickey Mouse if he had a chance in hell of winning.

They don't care who wins Mark, they are mad because thier guy isn't winning. Because of that any of us who support Trump for whatever reasons are being accused of whatthehellever.

To be 100% honest, these election discussions get old, we take them too personal and I need to stop reading them all together.

Bowing out, may the best man win.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Charlton Heston was an Anti-Gun nut!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash

That didn't take long to prove my point.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Well who are you pushing for then?
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    Both parties depend on voters who only begin paying attention to the candidate's positions on key issues after they are nominated.

"He says he supports the Second Amendment. Well, that is good enough for me."

John Q. Voter has no idea that the guy had an anti gun stand dating back for years, but his handlers told him that in a national election he needs to sound pro gun to pick up addiitonal votes. Once elected, he'll flip as soon as he is sworn in.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am voting Republican all the way. They Mostly stand for what I believe in. I will never vote democratic and I won't waste my vote on an independent. I just wish the Cruz bus would shift gears and get rolling, but I am afraid that the Trump Police threw a spike strip across the road. Do I like Trump or trust him??? Not really. If it comes down to Trump or Clinton, I am voting for Trump.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I am voting Republican all the way. They Mostly stand for what I believe in. I will never vote democratic and I won't waste my vote on an independent. I just wish the Cruz bus would shift gears and get rolling, but I am afraid that the Trump Police threw a spike strip across the road. Do I like Trump or trust him??? Not really. If it comes down to Trump or Clinton, I am voting for Trump.

I agree completely, Oakie.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, and as far as the NRA, Myself and everyone in this house is a life member. I also belong to many other 2nd amendment groups. I don't always agree with the NRA, but I would rather belong to them then the BLM[;)]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark, that isn't it at all. It is the blatant "rather have obamma" or "rather have clinton" or "I don't care who wins" because "I'm voting for whoever" or "I'm not voting at all" because "my guy didn't win thr nomination".

Those people are here, they were here in every election that this board was running, they were here for obummers two wins and proclaimed loudly "that will teach ya!!" Now we must all suffer again.

I support Trump mainly because he is winning, if Cruz takes over I will support Cruz. Hell I would support Mickey Mouse if he had a chance in hell of winning.

They don't care who wins Mark, they are mad because thier guy isn't winning. Because of that any of us who support Trump for whatever reasons are being accused of whatthehellever.

To be 100% honest, these election discussions get old, we take them too personal and I need to stop reading them all together.

Bowing out, may the best man win.

You have missed the point of not voting for McCain or Romney, BSR. Both were anti 2nd Amendment Republicans. McCains support for universal background checks had a much better chance of becoming law than did Obama's support for the same. McCain would have had the democrats agreeing with him and he would have given cover for republicans to follow him. Likewise with Rimney and an AWB, particularly following Sandy Hook.

Trump is different because he will not have much GOP support, bet he would have a better chance than Hilary to get restrictive gun laws passed, and is, IMO a more dangerous candidate in this regard than is Hilary.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1

Well who are you pushing for then?
    I prefer Cruz because I think his court appointments would be a lot better and not just the supreme court appointments but the lower courts as well
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Trump will be EXACTLY LIKE Arnold Schwarzenegger was as Gov of CA. We thought he would be pro gun and he flip flopped the first chance he had.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same old BS folks, voting for the lesser of the evils[xx(] Where's that viable 3rd party[:0]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,391 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    It is a major inconvenience when there are voters out there who actually track the candidates stand on gun control. Two fine examples are McCain and Romney. McCain and his gun show loophole was the talk of the boards for many months, as was Romney's signing the assault weapons ban while governor of Massachusetts and his support of the 1994 Crime Bill. When these clowns decided to run for President it was decided that all would be forgiven and their previous record was supposed to be swept under the rug and forgotten. Of course there are still plenty of threads critical of their previous anti gun position in the GB archives, but anyone who dares to bring them up is a fed apples and oranges and then called a liberal Obama loving troll who should be removed from the forum.

Yes, yes it would
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat
    "No one is perfect! I'll have to pout and not vote for anyone!!!"

Or, if your name is "Perfect", you can patronize other people for posting their opinions. Obviously you're better than the rest of us.

Me? I'm voting Republican because on balance they stand for what I stand for. Not exactly...but mostly.
    If that is your opinion you are welcome to it.[8D]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian

Spot on accurate.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    I'm Votin' Trump
    And Don't Care What anyone else Thinks
    And If he Don't Work out, I will Personally Accept the
    I Told You So.
    I won't Support the Devil
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

any votes to a third party would be a vote for Hilary.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    edited November -1

Well, anyone?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Well, anyone?
    http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=668807
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    Trump will be EXACTLY LIKE Arnold Schwarzenegger was as Gov of CA. We thought he would be pro gun and he flip flopped the first chance he had.

4 years of trump beats 4 years of hilary, any card player should know that....................
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Well, anyone?

You skipped the whole point about him being an Anti-Gun Nut.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Well, anyone?

You skipped the whole point about him being an Anti-Gun Nut.
    Did I?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Scottymac
    The guys who hate the NRA because they are not hard line enough

Are now coming out against the right of the PEOPLE to BEAR firearms.

Now the 2nd amendment of the Constitution is being challenged by our own Constitutional experts.

Trump says the right of the people to bear arms across state lines is a goal and we hate Trump so much we use this as an excuse to not vote for him????!!!

Wow just wow

It is apparent the point being made is too subtle for you.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,391 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pip5255

any votes to a third party would be a vote for Hilary.
    See Mark C's post.