In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I can't beleive it GB guys against the 2nd

2»

Comments

• Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    There are others here caught in a false dichotomy. The choice is not Trump vs Hillary. It is Trump vs anyone with actual conservative values. Quit supporting a non conservative like Trump while there are real conservatives still out there. Continued support of Trump could possibly end with no better choice than would you prefer death by strychnine or arsenic.

Consider the meaning of the word pandering and then look at what Trump has given the crowds. Trump has only offered cheerleading and commentary about the process of winning the nomination. No concrete plan or even well thought out plan for solving any of the problems we face. Time to lose the rose colored glasses while there is still time.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    Charlton Heston was an Anti-Gun nut!

Well, anyone?
    http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=668807

You skipped the whole point about him being an Anti-Gun Nut.
    Did I?

You did.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pip5255
    quote:Originally posted by captnobody
    Trump supporters are starting to turn me off more than Trump I was going to hold my nose and vote for him in the General If my guy didn't win but the way his supporters are acting third party candidate is looking better to me all the time

any votes to a third party would be a vote for Hilary.

That's the way these closet democrats do it. They know a vote for a 3rd party will elect a democrat.
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a question for those who support Trump and say voting your values for a third party is just helping the Dems...

What happens if the Convention is contested and Trump is not nominated and he decides to go 3rd party because he feels the RNC didn't treat him right? Will you follow him to the 3rd party and support him or will you do as you expect everyone else here to do and support Cruz or Rubio?

Me? I am not really happy with any of them. But as I have to take a stand on something, it is the 2A. So as much as I do not like them, I will support whomever the nominee is and pray that they do the right thing and not roll over on us.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When did the Republican Party buy all the non-democrats?

Why do Republicans act as though they own everybody who does not vote for democrats?

(i.e. comments like "a third party vote is a vote for the democrat")

Last I checked, I don't win anything by checking the box next to the winner's name. It's not a dog race. It's a formal survey asking who I want to be the next President.

And the premise of the OP is comical.
  • Options
    captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    quote:Originally posted by captnobody
    Trump supporters are starting to turn me off more than Trump I was going to hold my nose and vote for him in the General If my guy didn't win but the way his supporters are acting third party candidate is looking better to me all the time

any votes to a third party would be a vote for Hilary.

That's the way these closet democrats do it. They know a vote for a 3rd party will
    elect a democrat.

This post will help change my mind.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,501 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was small number of third party votes in Florida that pit GW Bush in the White Hoise.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would NEVER vote for that hag EVER, --Let it play out and see, will the beast there is NO CHANCE, with Trump, good chance he is on our side, imo/
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    Trump will be EXACTLY LIKE Arnold Schwarzenegger was as Gov of CA. We thought he would be pro gun and he flip flopped the first chance he had.

4 years of trump beats 4 years of hilary, any card player should know that....................

Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican, signed TWO antigun laws in California. Republicans in CA of which I was one, believed he was Pro gun. One of the laws was the ridiculous microstamping and now no new semi auto pistols will be allowed in CA. We KNOW what Trumps views on "assault weapons" was...you trust him enough that he has magically changed his stance? He is playing you guys like a fiddle. Keep believing he won't sign antigun legislation or appoint liberal SCJ's. He's all about making deals and we will lose in the end. So keep on voting for the Cult of Personality.
  • Options
    breddyrrtbreddyrrt Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You squeeze them a little and the liberals flock to the defense of their third party choice.
    So easy to expose them!
  • Options
    tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember this little meme from a few years ago?

"Doing a good job around here is like peeing your pants in a dark suit. It gives you a warm feeling, but no one notices."

The same can be said for voting for third party candidate.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One other thought:quote:Originally written by Thomas PaineGovernment, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.We cannot hope to bring about government "in its best state" overnight or with one election, but recognizing that whatever we do we will be stuck with "a necessary evil", we must strive for the lesser evil.

Common sense tells us that.

If your actions, no matter how well intended or noble, result in a greater evil, then you are just as culpable, just as guilty, as those who wish for, support, and vote for the greater evil.

In this election, Hillary is by far the greater evil.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    Charlton Heston was an Anti-Gun nut!

Well, anyone?
    http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=668807

You skipped the whole point about him being an Anti-Gun Nut.
    Did I?

You did.
    Then, patently you did not review the provided link.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I vote I imagine being a passenger in the back of a bus heading for a cliff.
    I need time to fight to the front, so I vote for the slowest drver.
    Wish it was not this way, in 42 years of voting nothing has changed.[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tallcharlie
    One other thought:quote:Originally written by Thomas PaineGovernment, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.We cannot hope to bring about government "in its best state" overnight or with one election, but recognizing that whatever we do we will be stuck with "a necessary evil", we must strive for the lesser evil.

If your actions, no matter how well intended or noble, result in a greater evil, then you are just as culpable, just as guilty, as those who wish for, support, and vote for the greater evil.

In one election? Are you referring to when Perot ran? I have news for you, 3rd party support has been building for many, many years. One election. What a silly thing to assert.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

In one election? Are you referring to when Perot ran? I have news for you, 3rd party support has been building for many, many years. One election. What a silly thing to assert.
    Please name the third party that could garner 51% of the vote. Or even 25%. Oh, hell, I'll take 10%.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Please name the third party that could garner 51% of the vote. Or even 25%. Oh, hell, I'll take 10%.
    Oh, so you're one of those that only roots for the team after they're winning. I see.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

Oh, so you're one of those that only roots for the team after they're winning. I see.
    Who was it wrote, "3rd party support has been building for many, many years. One election. What a silly thing to assert"? So where is all this support?
  • Options
    edited November -1

Who was it wrote, "3rd party support has been building for many, many years. One election. What a silly thing to assert"? So where is all this support?
    That was me. Who was it that didn't understand it? That was you.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

My assertion was that quote:We cannot hope to bring about government "in its best state" overnight or with one election, but recognizing that whatever we do we will be stuck with "a necessary evil", we must strive for the lesser evil.
    Your assertion was that there was some kind of great third party support for an election. This election? Who knows what you meant?

If anyone missed a message, it was Mr. Perfect.

If anyone is making unsupported claims, it is you with your imaginary third party.

If anyone doesn't understand exactly what's going on in this country right now, Mr. Perfect leads the list.

So kindly quit with the childish word games.
  • Options
    edited November -1

My assertion was that quote:We cannot hope to bring about government "in its best state" overnight or with one election, but recognizing that whatever we do we will be stuck with "a necessary evil", we must strive for the lesser evil.
    Your assertion was that there was some kind of great third party support for an election. This election? Who knows what you meant?

If anyone is making unsupported claims, it is you with your imaginary third party.

If anyone doesn't understand exactly what's going on in this country right now, Mr. Perfect leads the list.

There are no word games, you just don't seem to understand the simple difference between "one election" and a movement that has been growing and is still growing over many many election cycles. Maybe someday you will understand counting and how it works. When you do, feel free to come back and demonstrate.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hillary will be horrible, Trump is a toss up. He may turn out to be good. I have my doubts but I have no doubt about Hillary. I"ll have to vote Trump. Rand was my choice but he's gone.
  • Options
    edited November -1

There are no word games, you just don't seem to understand the simple difference between "one election" and a movement that has been growing and is still growing over many many election cycles. Maybe someday you will understand counting and how it works. When you do, feel free to come back and demonstrate.
    Okay, now I understand. My message went right over your head.

Let me explain it to you in words of one syllable or less.

You asserted that "3rd party support has been building for many, many years."

I challenged you to "Please name the third party that could garner 51% of the vote. Or even 25%. Oh, hell, I'll take 10%."

Thereafter, you replied, "you just don't seem to understand the simple difference between "one election" and a movement that has been growing and is still growing over many many election cycles."

Mr. Perfect, where in hell is this "movement" of yours? What is its name? Who is its candidate?

Simple questions. Can you understand them or are you still confused? Do you need more explanation?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    NRA announcement of Congressional legislation that would require states to recognize each other's concealed carry permits, much like they do driver's licenses, allowing permit holders to exercise their rights in any state they choose to visit. The Senate version, S.498, is sponsored by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) and is called the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015. There are also three different versions of this legislation pending in the House, H.R.923, H.R.986, and H.R.402.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Okay, now I understand. My message went right over your head.

Let me explain it to you in words of one syllable or less.

You asserted that "3rd party support has been building for many, many years."

I challenged you to "Please name the third party that could garner 51% of the vote. Or even 25%. Oh, hell, I'll take 10%."

Thereafter, you replied, "you just don't seem to understand the simple difference between "one election" and a movement that has been growing and is still growing over many many election cycles."

Mr. Perfect, where in hell is this "movement" of yours? What is its name? Who is its candidate?

Simple questions. Can you understand them or are you still confused? Do you need more explanation?
    Both the Libertarian party and the Constitution parties are gaining support each election cycle. Combined, they represent a large number of voters that are fed up with the Dem=Repub nonchoice presented by the farce system we have in place. Likely you have heard about the tea party? It was not started as a republican movement, but was later usurped by the republicans because it posed such a great threat to them (since a large portion of their base broke off to become a part of it). Yeah... total nonfactor. Perhaps you should avail yourself of the internet and learn about how big the movement actually is. You don't see a leader yet this election cycle, but Ron Paul and Gary Johnson have led it in recent ones.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

Both the Libertarian party and the Constitution parties are gaining support each election cycle. Combined, they represent a large number of voters that are fed up with the Dem=Repub nonchoice presented by the farce system we have in place. Likely you have heard about the tea party? It was not started as a republican movement, but was later usurped by the republicans because it posed such a great threat to them (since a large portion of their base broke off to become a part of it). Yeah... total nonfactor. Perhaps you should avail yourself of the internet and learn about how big the movement actually is. You don't see a leader yet this election cycle, but Ron Paul and Gary Johnson have led it in recent ones.
    The Libertarian Party garnered 1% of the vote in 2012.

Hahahahahahahahahahah!

The Constitution Party was even less.

The Tea Party is part of the Republican Party.

So, once again with feeling: where's your "movement that has been growing and is still growing over many many election cycles?"

At the rate these "other" parties are "growing and still growing," they should be able to elect a president about 250 years from now.

[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Hahahahahahahahahahah!

So, once again with feeling: where's your "movement that has been growing and is still growing over many many election cycles?"

At the rate these "other" parties are "growing and still growing," they should be able to elect a president about 250 years from now.

[xx(]
    [xx(][xx(]Perhaps you can see why, when you look at yourself in particular, their growth has been slow. People, for the most part, are unprincipled, unthinking, dullards, and only join a movement when it's popular to do so. Sheep, if you will. Now, say it with the rest of your crowd: baaaaaaaaa.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

Hahahahahahahahahahah!

[xx(]
    [xx(][xx(]Perhaps you can see why, when you look at yourself in particular, their growth has been slow. People, for the most part, are unprincipled, unthinking, dullards, and only join a movement when it's popular to do so. Sheep, if you will. Now, say it with the rest of your crowd: baaaaaaaaa.
    You never cease to disappoint me. Here we have one of the most common techniques of the intellectually impaired debaters: ad hominem attack.

Let me explain in very simple terms just what that means.

When a debater of less than adequate intelligence (Mr. Perfect) is cornered, i.e., shown to be painfully wrong, he or she abandons the debate and turns to personal attacks on his or her opponent.

What you foolishly overlooked with your "sheep" accusation is that I do not care to join some insignificant, ill-conceived, half-*, fringe movement, no matter how great some group of fools may think it is.

Need I point out the fact that I consider you one of that group?

One other thing: you admitted that your silly third-party movement is, as I noted above, slower than the arrival of Christmas when you wrote, "their growth has been slow," and then foolishly tried to blame that shortcoming on me.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Hahahahahahahahahahah!

[xx(]
    You never cease to disappoint me. Here we have one of the most common techniques of the intellectually impaired debaters: ad hominem attack.

When a debater of less than adequate intelligence (Mr. Perfect) is cornered, i.e., shown to be painfully wrong, he or she abandons the debate and turns to personal attacks on his or her opponent.

What you foolishly overlooked with your "sheep" accusation is that I do not care to join some insignificant, ill-conceived, half-*, fringe movement, no matter how great some group of fools may think it is.

One other thing: you admitted that your silly third-party movement is, as I noted above, slower than the arrival of Christmas when you wrote, "their growth has been slow," and then foolishly tried to blame that shortcoming on me.
    Unsurprisingly you have completely missed the entire point of my post. Sheep on, man.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

Hahahahahahahahahahah!

[xx(]

Unsurprisingly you have completely missed the entire point of my post. Sheep on, man.
    It is your inability to effectively articulate your point that is at fault here, not my comprehension.
  • Options
    edited November -1

It is your inability to effectively articulate your point that is at fault here, not my comprehension.
    I'll try to remember to significantly dumb things down for you in the future. Clear enough?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

I'll try to remember to significantly dumb things down for you in the future.No! Don't wait! You'll just talk in circles again if I don't hold your feet to the fire this time.

If you really have a coherent message, post it now or shut up.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Tall Charlie i want to correct something you said.. the tea party is part of the Republican Party. yes the current version can be grouped thus. However, when the TP was formed it was NOT republican, even Rush, Hannity, Beck and all the other talking heads MFed it for being 3rd party. the tea party was comprised of members of all parties, and even the non-political. its mission was simply taxation and wise use of the revenue.....it had no religion causes , it had no social causes. it was strictly a financial revolt
    unfortunately the religious zealots jumped on board and effectively took over the brand name so to speak.
    had the thumpers stayed out of the original movement the Tea Party would be a meaningful 3rd party force in politics
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    Mr. Tall Charlie i want to correct something you said.. the tea party is part of the Republican Party. yes the current version can be grouped thus. However, when the TP was formed it was NOT republican, even Rush, Hannity, Beck and all the other talking heads MFed it for being 3rd party. the tea party was comprised of members of all parties, and even the non-political. its mission was simply taxation and wise use of the revenue.....it had no religion causes , it had no social causes. it was strictly a financial revolt
    unfortunately the religious zealots jumped on board and effectively took over the brand name so to speak.
    had the thumpers stayed out of the original movement the Tea Party would be a meaningful 3rd party force in politics
    Try reading the entire discussion before you correct me next time. I did not claim that the Tea Party was part of the Republican party. Mr. Perfect made that claim when he wrote, quote:Likely you have heard about the tea party? It was not started as a republican movement, but was later usurped by the republicans because it posed such a great threat to them (since a large portion of their base broke off to become a part of it).I merely repeated his assertion to emphasize his idiotic contention that there is a strong third-party movement.
    I am well aware of the origin and development of the Tea Party, including its bacronym.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    idiotic contention.... oh how you miss the point. You think you somehow proved an idiotic contention?

Riddle me this, if the movement wasn't strong and popular, why try to diffuse it the way they did? Why try to take control of it? Apparently, you lose comprehension points every time you post.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't try to correct smallcharlie, he's not playing with the same deck most folks are.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    Don't try to correct smallcharlie, he's not playing with the same deck most folks are.
    At least it's not a small deck.

[:D][:D][:D]Made me LOL Dennis.