In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

An honest, open discussion on LGBT?

bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Politics
May we have one here?

I would like to air some thoughts on the subject, based on my life experience.

Every one that I know, personally, who is that way, has had some sort of traumatic or abusive situation occur in their life, at some point.

The girls were abused by an adult male, the boys had an abusive father or overbearing mother, the girls dated black guys because no white guy would be seen with them, etc, etc.

A girl I used to work with got rejected at all the dances and proms, etc., because she was/is ugly. She has projected that into her current lifestyle/philosophy/politics, etc.

She was also abused by a male family member at around 8 years old.

She has become a very mean, vindictive, and easily provoked person, it is very difficult to be around her. She prefers "Black men", because they're not judgemental, when it comes to looks.

I don't blame her, or any others for the way they feel, or for what may or may not have happened to them.

A fellow I know was rejected by his mother, abused by some adult males, and came to realize he was "G-A-Y". REALLY?

I can try and understand what they are going through. I would want revenge, or some sort of justice for what happened.

Unfortunately, I had nothing to do with it and I am tired of this perversion and abnormality being perpetrated on our country as if it is just OK.

It is not.

There is a problem here and has been for probably all of time.

I am only referring to the LG here.

As far as the BT, you'll have defer to Don.

Please, discuss.

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My youngest brother was happy. He was not exposed to any inordinate childhood trauma.
    He looked like a movie star, he was 6-5 and 230 and ran 5 miles a day.
    In high school he tried out for the football team as a junior, the coach was going nuts. He could have made all state at tackle, linebacker, fullback, or safety. Kid quit the team after 2 weeks of summer training, he had hit a couple of the players too hard and said he was afraid he would hurt somebody.

He was really a good guy, he was happy. Came out of the closet at age 18.
    He died in 1992 from AIDS. How sad and tragic.
    They say the good die young.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I agree.

Except for that one thing.

What, exactly, is an abomination?

Some things are just ungodly and unnatural.

Would you concur?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Very sorry Allen, but I beg to disagree.

Something changed in him, at some point, whether you are aware of it, or not.
  • Options
    JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I'll pipe up here. I think that there are billions of people on earth. The majority are straight. As you deviate from the mean, you'll find that there are all kinds of people all over the map.

There have been happy people since day one.

There are fat people. Is it "normal"? Is it "bad"? Is it something to try to fix, or is it "what it is", just people on the right of the mean?

if a guy is 6'6", is there something "wrong" with him?

I think if it like this: if it's not a problem for him, it's not a problem.

Someone else's sexual activities are not my business, unless I have been invited...
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had an older brother who was g_y. Was supposedly abused (not sexually that I am aware of) by his father (we had different dads).

A few years ago he decided he was a she....from what I understand, he won some kind of lawsuit that forced his insurance company to pay for the surgery.

I've had no contact with it since the surgery, and it is not allowed to have any contact with my child. I consider it to be deranged, if harmless, and of no value to my son's upbringing.
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I do not have a problem with L's or G's. Nor do I care what most do with their personal time. What I do have a problem with is the constant brainwashing of L & G crap in all media outlets. Making it seem normal or cool. My kids don't watch a whole lot of tv but even watching family friendly shows, there are commercials full of L's and G's! Even a lot of the home makeover shows are G now. Campbell soup commercials are another!
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know several Happy folks, both male and female. Each one has what I would call 'issues'. None seem content, or satisfied with their lives. There is always something wrong.

I am not sure what caused them to become the way they are, but if coming out, being true to themselves, or whatever they consider it was supposed to fix something, it seems to have failed.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever they are, for whatever reason or no reason, I can not celebrate the life style. I consider their desires a perversion for a human being. I don't care how they project it as "love", it is really lust. It's about having the kind of sex they desire.
    However, I would never harm or wish harm to any of them as long as they stay out of my face and leave me alone.
    I abhor the trend to present them as normal and even teach kids in school that it is a normal condition. It seems to be highly destructive to most and deadly for a great many.
    But, things like the stupid attempt in Charlotte this year to make rest rooms open to any and all is disgusting, and if done will have really bad results. This is entirely too far to go with tolerance and acceptance, and those fools who say it is "anti-gee a wy" are just as sick as the ones who want to use the wrong gender rest room.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess I've been lucky,...don't know any of those kind of folks personally.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jgreen
    Well, I'll pipe up here. I think that there are billions of people on earth. The majority are straight. As you deviate from the mean, you'll find that there are all kinds of people all over the map.

There have been happy people since day one.

There are fat people. Is it "normal"? Is it "bad"? Is it something to try to fix, or is it "what it is", just people on the right of the mean?

if a guy is 6'6", is there something "wrong" with him?

I think if it like this: if it's not a problem for him, it's not a problem.

Someone else's sexual activities are not my business, unless I have been invited...

So, Now I am the problem, because I'm 6'6"?

Please, reread my OP and respond accordingly.
  • Options
    OMCHamlinOMCHamlin Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    I do not have a problem with L's or G's. Nor do I care what most do with their personal time. What I do have a problem with is the constant brainwashing of L & G crap in all media outlets. Making it seem normal or cool. My kids don't watch a whole lot of tv but even watching family friendly shows, there are commercials full of L's and G's! Even a lot of the home makeover shows are G now. Campbell soup commercials are another!

This a thousand times over! If you were to listen to the shrew-like screech of the LGBT community, you would think 2/3 of America was *gray (*the "r" is silent)! Jesus, get the hell back in the closet, will you? Damn pole smokers... [:(!]
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since this is an intelligent discussion I will voice my opinion. First let me say I am a born again Christian but I am not sure how much that influences my belief on this subject. My belief is founded more on a long life of experience and serious thought. I have had several very good friends that were both happy and Lesbian. I have a family member that I grew up with that is one. I once thought they were all that way by choice and were immoral perverts. I was wrong. I was young and ignorant. A strange thing changed my mind. I had some chickens and one of them had a roosters comb and crowed like a rooster and had spurs but laid eggs. He even tried to mount the hens. Thing like this happen in all kinds of animals just as some people are born with other kinds of physical defects. These animals or people are in no way at fault for their existence. This is the case for some happys or Lesbians but not all. Nothing is that simple. There are a lot of other reasons previously stated that are valid also. Then there are some who are just totally immoral and void of any ethics at all. As far as determining who is who or what is the reason for any individual being what they are, few if any of us are actually qualified to determine. There are cases of outright evil that we must cope with or judge out of necessity to protect our children and all of society. Other than that it is my belief that only God is qualified to judge. So I leave it up to him. That person may be more deserving of heaven than me. We all have some cross to bear.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find it odd the anti-happy group always jumps to the part they know nothing of, the sexual habits of those people openly stating they are happy. There may be many people that are happy and do not partake in sexual interaction with their partners. Just as many straight people are straight and do not have sex with their partners.

I don't care what people do behind closed doors; it is none of my business. I also don't care if they are having sex or not. It is none of my business and causes me no harm in any manner shape or form.

As far as trauma or other outside influence, I don't buy into that theory either.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://youtu.be/qF-9_z3Qv5A

Mom says if you want to be a l you have to lick carpet! Carmen
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    Since this is an intelligent discussion I will voice my opinion. First let me say I am a born again Christian but I am not sure how much that influences my belief on this subject. My belief is founded more on a long life of experience and serious thought. I have had several very good friends that were both happy and Lesbian. I have a family member that I grew up with that is one. I once thought they were all that way by choice and were immoral perverts. I was wrong. I was young and ignorant. A strange thing changed my mind. I had some chickens and one of them had a roosters comb and crowed like a rooster and had spurs but laid eggs. He even tried to mount the hens. Thing like this happen in all kinds of animals just as some people are born with other kinds of physical defects. These animals or people are in no way at fault for their existence. This is the case for some happys or Lesbians but not all. Nothing is that simple. There are a lot of other reasons previously stated that are valid also. Then there are some who are just totally immoral and void of any ethics at all. As far as determining who is who or what is the reason for any individual being what they are, few if any of us are actually qualified to determine. There are cases of outright evil that we must cope with or judge out of necessity to protect our children and all of society. Other than that it is my belief that only God is qualified to judge. So I leave it up to him. That person may be more deserving of heaven than me. We all have some cross to bear.

Wrong, sir, despite your opinion.

Some things really ARE that simple.

Otherwise, God would not have said, "It is an abomination".

We are NOT born that way. It is a choice.

Please stop trying to explain or reason otherwise.

Read, and understand, your Bible.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Intelligence is the culprit...I have never met a real dumb "Happy" on either side the hall....most Happys are of a higher standard in education...at least the ones I know, including professionals in Science and Engineering....especially in Liberal Arts...I have no qualms about a persons needs and desires...I have a niece, a God Son,and a best friends son that looks for another way in the world..Its a sign of the times ....I'm sure
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    I find it odd the anti-happy group always jumps to the part they know nothing of, the sexual habits of those people openly stating they are happy. There may be many people that are happy and do not partake in sexual interaction with their partners. Just as many straight people are straight and do not have sex with their partners.

I don't care what people do behind closed doors; it is none of my business. I also don't care if they are having sex or not. It is none of my business and causes me no harm in any manner shape or form.

As far as trauma or other outside influence, I don't buy into that theory either.

I find it rather odd that some folks have no comprehension of my original post.

You, being a moderator, stand out and should know better.

I don't care what ANYONE does. Stop trying to make me believe it is normal and acceptable.

I don't care "what you buy into". Facts are facts and I know and have dealt with many who have lived it.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I could care less about another person's sexual orientation.

What someone else does doesn't impact me, my marriage, or my family.

Shouldn't people be free to do what they want?

That's the thing about liberty, you don't get to define other people. If they aren't hurting you, leave them alone.

Regarding "sin" is there somewhere in the bible where you get to rank them? Is that lifestyle ranked worse than. Say any other "sin"?

I had just thought they were all about the same.
  • Options
    Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My oldest brother was happy, he seemed angry all the time. Cursed God every time He was mentioned on t v. I don't know why he was happy. I remember him being attacked in high school and being called any "F", (slang for samesexual but the filter won't let me use it),
    I didn't understand or think much about it. After all he was my big brother.

All I know now is I was able to reconnect with him after years of not speaking. My mother had been telling him all those years that I hated him because he was happy. I didn't treat him any different once he came out than I did before. I hate it that he believed my mean unhappy mother for so long. I remember the look on her face and the rude comment she made one day when I got ready to leave and I hugged him and told him I loved him. I'm just glad the last six months of his life he knew I loved him unconditionally. I don't agree with the life style but I never beat him over the head with my religious beliefs.

I think those of us who are Christians need to learn to just live and let live. Sure, tell em the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But after that you can't change them. Only God can.

I never understood why he was always so angry. If that lifestyle was a choice it seems like he should have been happier living that way. It took a suicide attempt before he came out to the family. He died December 6th 2014. He had COPD and AIDS. Dang shame.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bigt7mm.
    I am an ordained Baptist. I taught the bible for 8 years. There are some things you do not understand. Is that possible? I have a question for you. The question is this. Who is a man and who is a women? Explain the chicken. Nothing in life is simple. Only the simple think so. There are birth defects of all kinds. Is this the fault of the born? There are some people who nobody can reason with. If anybody refuses to think they can be wrong there is no use studying anything at all. Do you believe there are no birth defects? Sex is a physical thing as well as a mental. Women's brains are different than men's. Genes get mixed up. That is fact not fiction.
    PS. Yes there are some who choose to be that way. Like I said before some people are just immoral. Are you sure you can tell who is who? I can't. I often remember what the great guiltersleeve William Bendix use to say. "Don't tell me that my head is made up."
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I could really care less
  • Options
    swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contrary to what the op asked; an honest, open discussion with someone who has already closed their mind will never happen.

I am not sure what his discussion of white women who date black men has to with this.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Wrong, sir, despite your opinion.

As a Child I followed that book,I even wanted to be a preacher,Then in Seminary I understood that book was written by one group of Men to control another group of Men, Thats why original is in languages like Latin so lowly peasants could not read it and had to take the Priest word for it. not 1 word in that book was written by GOD,,he did not take up pen and paper and write anything,,in fact not one word was written by Jesus or any of hos disciples. You cant blame your hatred on the Man upstairs. Its your beliefs,, If you google it you will find samesexual behavior is found among all social birds and mammals, particularly the sea mammals and the primates.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My sister is a lesbian. She suffered no child hood trama. She dated boys in high school and even got married. She eventually got divorced and some time after that, is when the change happened. I'm sure if there was anything else there she would have discussed it with me or one of my two other brothers. What she does in her house doesn't affect me what so ever.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigt7mm

I have no problem with Bacon and Tomato. Don
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818

Wrong, sir, despite your opinion.

Does not matter if you are born that way or not. Still a sin. If I look lustfully at another woman could I not argue my brain is wired to want big boobs, nice hips and long legs? All men are born tainted with sin since the fall, so wetherr they are born that way or not it does not matter, there lust towards a person of the same gender is as bad as my " natural" lust towards a woman not my wife. The point of choice is moot.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    quote:Wrong, sir, despite your opinion.

As a Child I followed that book,I even wanted to be a preacher,Then in Seminary I understood that book was written by one group of Men to control another group of Men, Thats why original is in languages like Latin so lowly peasants could not read it and had to take the Priest word for it. not 1 word in that book was written by GOD,,he did not take up pen and paper and write anything,,in fact not one word was written by Jesus or any of hos disciples. You cant blame your hatred on the Man upstairs. Its your beliefs,, If you google it you will find samesexual behavior is found among all social birds and mammals, particularly the sea mammals and the primates.

Bible was never originally written in latin. Originally written in Hebrew and Greek,, the common vernacular at the time it was written no less....just saying, the Latin was a Catholic thing. Also see my other post, and as far as controlling people? Well it commands I'm supposed to love GOD and others like I would myself...including the happyz and thief's and yes even the dreaded socalist.... If e could only live like the Bible's commands are we would truly be a better society.
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will start by saying that what people do in the privacy of their own homes is none of my business. Their actions are between themselves and God. What I do have a problem with is the "normanization" of these acts in the general public. These acts are a sin in the eyes of God. Having the mainstream media try to "educate" our children that these acts are acceptable is outrageous. Allowing happies to marry does affect my marriage. It devalues the oath that my wife a I made together. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Always has been. As far as transsexuals go, if you are born a man and remove your genitialia, you are not a woman. You are also now not a man. You are an "it". God is perfect. God made man in his own image. To defile that image is a sin.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,385 ******
    edited November -1
    My feelings on this subject come more from my heart than from any complicated theory or thoughts requiring a lot of thinking. It is all quite simple really. As a Christian, I know I will always fall short of the goals that God has set for me which are to mirror the image of his Son, Jesus, who was without sin. I can only seek His forgiveness and do my best, thanking Him for his blessings as I move along in this life which is a great gift in itself. I also know in my heart that God has set aside a day of judgement for all of us. The measure that God will use for our judgement will come from the measure that we ourselves individually have used during our lives. That of coarse will put an end to any hypocrisy that many have carried with them. Therefore, I try my best not to ever place judgements upon other sinner's. I instead do my best to love the individual and just hate the sinful nature that they are plagued with.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Latin" is was used by the Church because of it being a "dead' language ,so words and meaning could not be changed...Latin is used in law as well...Deo Vindace!
  • Options
    ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think that is a wrong assumption.

The people who are abused, neglected, or otherwise damaged may respond as you describe sometimes but....

People can't control or choose their chromosomes.

Some people for whatever reason, defect, Deity, hormonal imbalance caused by genetically modified food, or whatever have the wrong identity of their outward and obvious physical characteristics.

Other then a rare few, I don't think anyone chooses to be happy.

Just like I can't help being attracted to a sexy female happy people can't help their attractions either.

I don't think you can decide to become a pervert either. Those who are attracted to the undeveloped female/male are sick but I highly doubt a choice is made.

Every family who has a child, sibling, etc. who have provided a loving environment is not at fault for the resulting choices of the off spring as you indicate.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My cousin, Charles, Was happy. His up bringing was the best their could be. His father was a prominent surgeon, his mom was an awesome mother and never over bearing. He had the world by the balls so to say. He was vice President of NBC. For privacy reasons, I didn't state his real name. He passed a few years ago of aids. He had only one partner, since he was 16. He passed when he was 53, with his lifelong partner at his side. He was my favorite cousin and someone that if you ever meant, would consider a mans, man. Played sports, very active in the community and church, big broadly bearded man. Hell, he looked like grizzly Adams[;)]. I miss him and think of him often. Oakie
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

I find it rather odd that some folks have no comprehension of my original post.

You, being a moderator, stand out and should know better.

I don't care what ANYONE does. Stop trying to make me believe it is normal and acceptable.

I don't care "what you buy into". Facts are facts and I know and have dealt with many who have lived it.

I don't think L&G is normal or necessarily acceptable, it is however none of my business.
    Your facts are anecdotal and not supported by most but you are welcome to them. I have no idea what "causes" L or G, most will claim they were born that way. I have no reason to doubt them...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh well, killing millions of unborn children is considered by some to be normal and acceptable now, so why not this?

Mark my words, bestiality and pedophilia aren't far behind. If someone is BORN that way, they can't help themselves.

After all, who are WE to judge, or say what is right or wrong?

Right?
  • Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care if someone is LGBT, straight, or heavily into sheep. But I do care when someone flaunts his/her sexuality just to get attention, which often seems to be the case: "Look at me -- I'm (fill in the blank) and so proud of myself for being that way." Being it is OK, pushing it as an agenda is not if the promotion offends others. That's just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

I have no problem with Bacon and Tomato. Don

If only we had lettuce.

Oh, and mayo. Gotta have mayo!
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think some people choose to be happy, but the majority are born wired happy. I say live and let live. Other than that, I don't have a poodle in this fight[;)]
  • Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz
    I think some people choose to be happy, but the majority are born wired happy. I say live and let live. Other than that, I don't have a poodle in this fight[;)]

born that way? so GOD is a contradiction? how could GOD create a person as q-u-e-e-r, then call it a sin? read the chapter of Leviticus, it is one of a few chapters that condems h-o-m-o-s. these things weren't born this way, anymore than a person was born a thief, or a child molester, or a murderer! I laugh when people say its in their genes, or dna! HA! where is the proof? scientists have been able to isolate every gene and dna, but not the q-u-e-e-r gene? huh? strange they cant find it? if people were born this way, explain to me why they cant find the gene, better yet, explain to me why there is documented cases of identical twins born, " they share the same dna, and genes, " yet one of them is q-u-e-e-r and the other is not.
    everyone IS born with a sinful nature, this is firmly stated from GOD. we are all told we must master it, or it will consume us. two of my favorite quotes from GOD " there is a way which seemeth right unto man, but in the end death! " and " your ways and thoughts are not my ways and thoughts "
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't imagine that someone would choose the happy life if they could choose otherwise. And I don't think that bad parenting, traumatic experiences, whatever causes people to be happy. People are just born the way they are born.

If the Bible told me I should only think of men and have sex with men--sorry, but no amount of religious demands and scripture could convince me to lust after a man. Threaten me with whatever, I still couldn't look at a man in that way. I imagine telling happys they need to change their ways is about the same.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rossowmn
    I don't care if someone is LGBT, straight, or heavily into sheep. But I do care when someone flaunts his/her sexuality just to get attention, which often seems to be the case: "Look at me -- I'm (fill in the blank) and so proud of myself for being that way." Being it is OK, pushing it as an agenda is not if the promotion offends others. That's just my opinion.

+1

and whether its a choice or born with it, i believe in both

i grew up with a kid that showed signs at age 7, he was just feminine as any girl could be, he went into the army and i hired him as a cook when he got out, and then again at another restaurant years later, i picked him up for work one day and he was crying because at age 31 he had his first sexually encounter, and it was with another man, he was crying because he said he did not really know he was a happy

i made him laugh when i said hell jimmy everyone else knew it, how could you not, before this happened he was emotional often angry at the world, it took him 31 years to discover what/who he was