In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

no hope

woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
edited August 2016 in Politics
sometimes it feels like I'm puting my eggs in an orange wagon with 3 wheels that's rolling into a ditch. Can't Trump just stfu sometimes. He insulted the parent of a soldier who gave his life for the country. How hard would it be to ignore that quagmire?
«13

Comments

  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 54,256 ******
    edited November -1
    [?][?][?],,,what,when??
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    sometimes it feels like I'm puting my eggs in an orange wagon with 3 wheels that's rolling into a ditch. Can't Trump just stfu sometimes. He insulted the parent of a soldier who gave his life for the country. How hard would it be to ignore that quagmire?


    I feel your pain. He's definitely his own worst enemy.[B)]
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a hell of a stretch you are making.
  • JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I particularly like the part where he compared his sacrifices in building great structures to a man who died in the service of his country.

    Pence better get that boy on a tight leash and fast.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

    Brad Steele
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump doesn't need help to lose,....he's his own worst enemy.
    Fool.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump was pointing out to the public that Muslims have a different culture. I work with Turkish Muslims and women and the old are seen but not heard much in the public. They are chastised. Of course when the Constitution was written women did not vote or speak in the public until 1900's here too! get a clue.

    serf
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

    Trump was pointing out to the public that Muslims have a different culture. I work with Turkish Muslims and women and the old are seen but not heard much in the public. They are chastised. Of course when the Constitution was written women did not vote or speak in the public until 1900's here too! get a clue.

    serf

    Hey DS,...I think we all have a clue. Point is that bigmouth needs to learn to avoid attracting fire over non-issues. Make your stands on important points, and go 100%. Not over crap that doesn't matter, and you know will bring criticism out of the wood work.

    He's the gift that keeps on giving to the MSM.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the first place I can't see where he said anything that was insulting. She probably wasn't allowed to say anything either by her Muslim culture or by the Democrats who scripted the whole thing.
    I have two points to make. #1 is who killed this women's son. Answer = another Muslim terrorist.#2 The same ones Trump wants to prevent from coming into this country and perhaps kill the rest of their family and several thousand others. Here is a third point. The poor women was standing their wearing a burka. That to me is very oppressive in itself. The democrat party is supposedly the party of freedom for women. I don't call it freedom to be forced to wear a Burka. All you critics try using your dam brain for a change. I would bet $500.00 that the DNC supplied this man a copy of the constitution for the speech. And since when does the Democrat party believe in the constitution. They have twisted it every way they can. PS- I bet that was the only copy of the constitution in the whole place.
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    While I think Trump should keep his mouth shut on this stuff.
    I do appreciate your post Jerry.
  • Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Given the great difficulty of fact checking in the world of 2016, it from time to time concerns me how easily most people accept the presentation of the Mass Moron Conditioning System.

    The Mudslime "religion" has codified damn near every function of life, especially for females. A Mudslime woman MUST mourn the death of her husband for exactly 4 months and 10 days, for instance.
    In the instant situation of the so called mourning mother, that too is written.
    Duration of Mourning for Immediate Family

    Hidaad also consists of three days for the immediate family, again starting from when the person died even though they have funeral preparations to do. During Hidaad, family members are encouraged to share their emotions when preparing the body for burial, during the burial and after the burial. They are also instructed to welcome visitors into their home so that condolences may be offered. During the three days they are mourning, family members should refrain from wearing ostentatious clothing and jewelry.

    Wake the hell up folks. The DNC propagandists and their close relatives in Mass Media will grab onto anything Donald Trump says or does and put the worst possible construct on it. That mother in a burka was a gawdamn stage prop, and nothing more.

    This area has a large Turkish population, including an Imam the Government of Turkey seeks to extradite. Last week as I was leaving the supermarket I watched a Turk leave the store and head to his car. His wife FOLLOWED behind him, 20 feet behind him, in a phukin burka lugging at least 6 bags of groceries. Evidently his capacity to carry anything was limited to the car keys.

    Lets quit buying into the DNC bullcrap.
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is terrible that the Democrats would use these poor people who lost their son to Muslim terrorists for political purposes. This just shows they will do anything, say anything or use anybody to gain political power.
    Hear is a real outrage for you skeptics. Foreign countries and others have contributed over 2 billion dollars to the Clinton Foundation. For what? If these countries really wanted to give to charities they could have done it directly. The foundation has never been audited as a non profit charitable organization although Trump has been audited every year. There is about 100 million dollars unaccounted for in the Foundation. It has been stated that no more than 15% of the money really goes to charity. Think there might be something fishy there?
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's as if he has no one on his campaign staff to advise him. He needs help. Everything he says needs to be cleared before he says it. But, he probably does have folks who do that, but he ignores them.

    I keep thinking of the Movie "Big", with Tom Hanks. It's about an adolescent boy trapped in the body of a grown man. I have heard 12 year olds with more common sense.

    Neal
  • Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    I think it is terrible that the Democrats would use these poor people who lost their son to Muslim terrorists for political purposes. This just shows they will do anything, say anything or use anybody to gain political power.
    Hear is a real outrage for you skeptics. Foreign countries and others have contributed over 2 billion dollars to the Clinton Foundation. For what? If these countries really wanted to give to charities they could have done it directly. The foundation has never been audited as a non profit charitable organization although Trump has been audited every year. There is about 100 million dollars unaccounted for in the Foundation. It has been stated that no more than 15% of the money really goes to charity. Think there might be something fishy there?


    Oddly, buying access springs to mind.
    How many US Tax Dollars went to these countries?
    How much did any of these countries send to the US after any hurricane wiped out an area?
    I can only remember Israel and Bangladesh sending help after disasters in the US.

    Lets not forget how much Whorehouse Willie skimmed off the Haitian relief deal either. Just too many Dollars in the pot for him to not grab a bag full.
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,044 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you vote aim you finger at the Trump button, close your eyes and then touch.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,221 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump does like to open his mouth to change feet.

    He is the most inarticulate poorly spoken person to ever run for office.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have noticed something in the area I live that is not a good sign. I live in a conservative area of Florida,...always has been, and will most likely be for another decade or so anyway.

    Instead of increased numbers of Trump bumper stickers, and/or yard signs, I am seeing fewer than were around a month ago. It's almost like people are embarrassed to show public support for this guy.

    I hope there is a simple explanation for this, but I have none myself.

    If he would stick to the issues and knock off the childish, egotistical behavior he just might win handily. The way things are going with so much time left for his mouth to go off,.....I don't have a lot of hope to not see Hillary for 8 years.[xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    quote:Originally posted by serf

    Trump was pointing out to the public that Muslims have a different culture. I work with Turkish Muslims and women and the old are seen but not heard much in the public. They are chastised. Of course when the Constitution was written women did not vote or speak in the public until 1900's here too! get a clue.



    Hey DS,...I think we all have a clue. Point is that bigmouth needs to learn to avoid attracting fire over non-issues. Make your stands on important points, and go 100%. Not over crap that doesn't matter, and you know will bring criticism out of the wood work.

    He's the gift that keeps on giving to the MSM.
  • slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Trump the hell of a lot more than a socialist muslime that uses the death of a son to further socialist agenda, a total scumbag in my opinion.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I hit my tipping point and I'm not voting for the guy. Looks like another trip way down the ballot to the libertarian candidate.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 22,349 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sadly
    he may be a AH . maybe pushing way too hard in his mouth running with out engaging his brain
    but we know for a fact not voting for him will be the end of a way of life for a lot of people and the 2nd amendment
    its not just a one term president but all the supreme court justices they will get to choose during the four to eight years that will make or break what we have left of our country
    its a sad choice but not voting for him and not voting or voting for anyone else is just a sure suicide for gun owners and gun industry.

    if the hildibeast gets elected I foresee a lot more protesting and rebellion in the future
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mlincoln.
    I doubt if you ever felt any different. Turn in your firearms if you even have any. All you other phony's also. Hillery wants to let those people like those who killed his son into this country but that's OK HUH? Yeah you guys are a real bunch of geniuses. No wonder this country is in trouble. Smoke another joint every thing will be OK>
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,788 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Utter naivete on the part of so many. It might help if people started asking why Trump is being asked these 'gotcha' questions, while Cankles is asked to 'tell us how wonderful she is'. Does one have to have had a child die in Iraq to express an opinion about Islamic Extremists? The connection is a silly one. The soldier who died fought for this country. That fact says nothing about the father's allegiance, or any other museum's.

    I have sent emails to the networks over the last week asking why they didn't show the BernBot walkout, the BLM chants during the moment of silence for fallen LE officers, the heckling of a MOH recipient. Have any of you complaining about Trump DONE anything? Or is your time pretty well eaten up with pointless hitching in online forums?

    Instead of analyzing Trump's response, get in the fight and demand the media act like responsible journalists, rather than fluff girls for the Dems.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,672 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    Utter naivete on the part of so many. It might help if people started asking why Trump is being asked these 'gotcha' questions, while Cankles is asked to 'tell us how wonderful she is'. Does one have to have had a child die in Iraq to express an opinion about Islamic Extremists? The connection is a silly one. The soldier who died fought for this country. That fact says nothing about the father's allegiance, or any other museum's.

    I have sent emails to the networks over the last week asking why they didn't show the BernBot walkout, the BLM chants during the moment of silence for fallen LE officers, the heckling of a MOH recipient. Have any of you complaining about Trump DONE anything? Or is your time pretty well eaten up with pointless hitching in online forums?

    Instead of analyzing Trump's response, get in the fight and demand the media act like responsible journalists, rather than fluff girls for the Dems.

    I think it's pretty obvious why the gotcha questions and other preferential treatment of the Democrat party. It's dirty pool but it's effective and it ain't gonna change. To quote General Westmorland, "Yes, it's a poopty little war but it's the only war I've got".

    I think you have missed the point. Not all voters are deep thinkers. The deck is stacked but Trump still has to play the hand he's dealt. To win an election Trump has to stay out of as many traps as he can and concentrate on maneuvering the traps he can't.

    When Trump was asked for a comment on the late Muslim Captain's father's speech he should have seen it was a no win situation and simply offered his condolences to the family. Trump doesn't know how to do that. When he compared his working "very, very hard" as being an equivalent sacrifice to the Captain's death that was a huge mistake.

    Three months might be long enough to recover but he doesn't need any more of these. You can offer as many logically valid arguments as you wish but nobody will hear them. He can't unloose this one. He needs to put it behind him as quickly as possible and fight the next one.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dads3040, you're missing my point. It's not about gotcha questions or setups or anything else. I wish he had the self control to not jump off the track at every flashing spinner that goes by like a planted trout. That whole thing would have been a plus for him had he said something like "we all respect the sacrifice of your gallant son" , instead of trying to always 'one up the smallest issue and turning nothing into something that sours more people against. I'll be real honest, I'm putting my efforts into making sure we at least don't lose the Senate and HOR, as he seems more intent on slamming anyone that criticizes him, no matter how inconsequencial and elevating stupid things national arguments , than winning the election.JMHO
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have plenty hope crooked Hitlery wont win ! as stated above if she does, it will be the end of an era in our country and as Churchill said we will all be sharing our socialist collective miseries, and then SHTF.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Exactly!!quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    Utter naivete on the part of so many. It might help if people started asking why Trump is being asked these 'gotcha' questions, while Cankles is asked to 'tell us how wonderful she is'. Does one have to have had a child die in Iraq to express an opinion about Islamic Extremists? The connection is a silly one. The soldier who died fought for this country. That fact says nothing about the father's allegiance, or any other museum's.

    I have sent emails to the networks over the last week asking why they didn't show the BernBot walkout, the BLM chants during the moment of silence for fallen LE officers, the heckling of a MOH recipient. Have any of you complaining about Trump DONE anything? Or is your time pretty well eaten up with pointless hitching in online forums?

    Instead of analyzing Trump's response, get in the fight and demand the media act like responsible journalists, rather than fluff girls for the Dems.
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Only 1 other TRUMP Sign besides My 3 In My 3 Town Area
    Notta One Clinton ,
    I'm Not Embarrassed In the least quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    I have noticed something in the area I live that is not a good sign. I live in a conservative area of Florida,...always has been, and will most likely be for another decade or so anyway.

    Instead of increased numbers of Trump bumper stickers, and/or yard signs, I am seeing fewer than were around a month ago. It's almost like people are embarrassed to show public support for this guy.

    I hope there is a simple explanation for this, but I have none myself.

    If he would stick to the issues and knock off the childish, egotistical behavior he just might win handily. The way things are going with so much time left for his mouth to go off,.....I don't have a lot of hope to not see Hillary for 8 years.[xx(]
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    Dads3040, you're missing my point. It's not about gotcha questions or setups or anything else. I wish he had the self control to not jump off the track at every flashing spinner that goes by like a planted trout. That whole thing would have been a plus for him had he said something like "we all respect the sacrifice of your gallant son" , instead of trying to always 'one up the smallest issue and turning nothing into something that sours more people against. I'll be real honest, I'm putting my efforts into making sure we at least don't lose the Senate and HOR, as he seems more intent on slamming anyone that criticizes him, no matter how inconsequencial and elevating stupid things national arguments , than winning the election.JMHO


    I don't think he missed the point at all !! The point is if Klinton wins our lives will change and worse yet, it will be so screwed up that if you are not willing to do something about it you will be googling where to migrate too, of course you'll love it if your a useful idiot socialist for a very little while anyway.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    reading comprehension can be a terribly difficult skill, especially if you chewed a little too much windowsill paint.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,672 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CoolhandLuke
    I don't think he missed the point at all !! The point is if Klinton wins our lives will change and worse yet, it will be so screwed up that if you are not willing to do something about it you will be googling where to migrate too, of course you'll love it if your a useful idiot socialist for a very little while anyway.
    I think you missed his missing the point. In a Presidential election the only goal is to win the election. Getting the MSM to turn honest is a pie in the sky pipedream. It ain't gonna happen, and especially won't happen in time to make a difference. Even if you have a good logical argument to add to an emotional subject it will be ignored. There is no good answer to the old "My son gave his life for you and your country. What have you sacrificed?" Any attempt to answer that will be shoved up your * and broken off. It doesn't matter if you're right. Trump wasn't right, by the way. Knowing when to hold your tongue is almost as important as knowing when to speak and what to say.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    When people said he was a classic narcissist, no one thought that a big deal.

    What that means is that he sees the world only in terms of how it is good for him, or not.

    He really does believe the stuff he says, and you can see for yourself how he thinks about those who resist him or what he wants.

    There are no redeeming characteristics to narcissism, and such personalities do not change.

    There are lots of people you do not want to give power to, and a narcissist is one of them.


    Agree totally. His narcissism is not just a personality trait, it is clearly a personality disorder. Here is an interesting clarification. It does give one pause as you read it and think of Donald.
    http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Screw all them! Vote Bender 2016!!!!
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would somebody please tell me what Trump said that was so insulting? I have seen this 10 times and I fail to see anything but the truth about the people. A lot of you people are trying as hard as a democrat campaign director to make a simple correct statement sound like a terrible insult.
    Sounds like we have a lot of Democrats on this forum to me. Some of you people will only identify yourselves as male in your personal info.
    Are you so ashamed of yourselves and your opinions?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    Utter naivete on the part of so many. It might help if people started asking why Trump is being asked these 'gotcha' questions, while Cankles is asked to 'tell us how wonderful she is'. Does one have to have had a child die in Iraq to express an opinion about Islamic Extremists? The connection is a silly one. The soldier who died fought for this country. That fact says nothing about the father's allegiance, or any other museum's.

    I have sent emails to the networks over the last week asking why they didn't show the BernBot walkout, the BLM chants during the moment of silence for fallen LE officers, the heckling of a MOH recipient. Have any of you complaining about Trump DONE anything? Or is your time pretty well eaten up with pointless hitching in online forums?

    Instead of analyzing Trump's response, get in the fight and demand the media act like responsible journalists, rather than fluff girls for the Dems.

    I think it's pretty obvious why the gotcha questions and other preferential treatment of the Democrat party. It's dirty pool but it's effective and it ain't gonna change. To quote General Westmorland, "Yes, it's a poopty little war but it's the only war I've got".

    I think you have missed the point. Not all voters are deep thinkers. The deck is stacked but Trump still has to play the hand he's dealt. To win an election Trump has to stay out of as many traps as he can and concentrate on maneuvering the traps he can't.

    When Trump was asked for a comment on the late Muslim Captain's father's speech he should have seen it was a no win situation and simply offered his condolences to the family. Trump doesn't know how to do that. When he compared his working "very, very hard" as being an equivalent sacrifice to the Captain's death that was a huge mistake.

    Three months might be long enough to recover but he doesn't need any more of these. You can offer as many logically valid arguments as you wish but nobody will hear them. He can't unloose this one. He needs to put it behind him as quickly as possible and fight the next one.


    +1000

    What 'SHOULD' be sounds nice, but it's a war he isn't going to win. Stick to the points,....illegal immigration, the economy, corporate taxes etc. and shut the hell up with the stupid remarks. Stay above the fray.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump better adapt his tactics before heading into a debate with Hillary. He is so easily bated into revealing his serious character flaws, and she'll run rings around him if he comes in with his usual tactics. She'll have the benefit of friendly media and moderators and he'll just come off as a bully and chauvinist.

    I heard his comments and the comment about the man's wife were very condescending, and completely unnecessary. Why he feels the need to go after people's family members, it is just bad optics. And if you need it explained to you, then it is a waste of time because you are simply not going appreciate the stereotype he thrust on the family of a dead American service man. There is no winning that one.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    Would somebody please tell me what Trump said that was so insulting? I have seen this 10 times and I fail to see anything but the truth about the people. A lot of you people are trying as hard as a democrat campaign director to make a simple correct statement sound like a terrible insult.
    Sounds like we have a lot of Democrats on this forum to me. Some of you people will only identify yourselves as male in your personal info.
    Are you so ashamed of yourselves and your opinions?

    Claiming anyone that doesn't agree hook line and sinker with Trump is a democrat is getting really old.

    I registered as a Republican when I came of voting age, and I have ALWAYS been a Republican.

    You can't even see that what many of us are saying is to try and help the guy win!!!! Good freaking grief![xx(]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,672 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    Would somebody please tell me what Trump said that was so insulting? I have seen this 10 times and I fail to see anything but the truth about the people. A lot of you people are trying as hard as a democrat campaign director to make a simple correct statement sound like a terrible insult.
    Sounds like we have a lot of Democrats on this forum to me. Some of you people will only identify yourselves as male in your personal info.
    Are you so ashamed of yourselves and your opinions?
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    I think it's pretty obvious why the gotcha questions and other preferential treatment of the Democrat party. It's dirty pool but it's effective and it ain't gonna change. To quote General Westmorland, "Yes, it's a poopty little war but it's the only war I've got".

    I think you have missed the point. Not all voters are deep thinkers. The deck is stacked but Trump still has to play the hand he's dealt. To win an election Trump has to stay out of as many traps as he can and concentrate on maneuvering the traps he can't.

    When Trump was asked for a comment on the late Muslim Captain's father's speech he should have seen it was a no win situation and simply offered his condolences to the family. Trump doesn't know how to do that. When he compared his working "very, very hard" as being an equivalent sacrifice to the Captain's death that was a huge mistake.

    Three months might be long enough to recover but he doesn't need any more of these. You can offer as many logically valid arguments as you wish but nobody will hear them. He can't unloose this one. He needs to put it behind him as quickly as possible and fight the next one.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Seems only the Trump haters on this forum are the ones offended by his comments. Go figure[:D]
Sign In or Register to comment.