In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

John Boehner shows true colors!

2»

Comments

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjrfd99
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    And some folks are seriously invested in 1930's Prohibition rhetoric.

So true. Then restate what someone said again.Ie; Don't use if you are CDL or CWP or any other profession that will test you.
    Do 30 yrs in EMS and the truth will be glaring obvious.
    88k dead from alcohol per year.
    https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm
    Still tryng to find one from weed[:D]
    https://www.promises.com/resources/overdose/many-people-died-weed/

Ask any 1st responder "rather deal with pot heads or drunks?"
    I know drunks are the worst- EXTREMELY worse.

You are not looking hard enough.

serf

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/25/colorado-marijuana-traffic-fatalities/

The number of drivers involved in fatal crashes in Colorado who tested positive for marijuana has risen sharply each year since 2013, more than doubling in that time, federal and state data show. A Denver Post analysis of the data and coroner reports provides the most comprehensive look yet into whether roads in the state have become more dangerous since the drug?s legalization.

Increasingly potent levels of marijuana were found in positive-testing drivers who died in crashes in Front Range counties, according to coroner data since 2013 compiled by The Denver Post. Nearly a dozen in 2016 had levels five times the amount allowed by law, and one was at 22 times the limit. Levels were not as elevated in earlier years.

Last year, all of the drivers who survived and tested positive for marijuana use had the drug at levels that indicated use within a few hours of being tested, according to the Colorado Department of Transportation, which compiles information for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration?s Fatality Analysis Reporting System.
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's about the money, it's always been about the money. Just another revenue stream for governments to tap and they could care less about the ramifications.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "You are not looking hard enough."

Probably not. But after 3 decades playing in the s***hole my study was complete.
    Do I trust government? Their numbers? Over what I saw and treated?
    No.
    I worked for them, I know their MO:
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe the govt will SAVE some of the tax money from weed sales to treat some of the social problems it creates down the road??? oh yeah bet me and new strains will be bred to give higher and higher kick