In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

To Hell with the Constitution

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
This exchange happened on another thread, but is too telling not to bring it out into the light of day. I would hope all true patriots be wary of all enemies, foreign and domestic, of our freedoms.

quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

You're far from supporting the Constitution. Where does it say to resort to anarchy, revolt, seize power, or any of your bright ideas, in the Constitution?
The Constitution outlines judical, legislative, and executive methods to deal with governing a nation.
The simple fact is that you don't support the Constitution and your minions are unable to grasp the concepts without your twisted retoric explained to them.
You will attack me rather than address this point and every thinking person reading this will know you are insane.

quote:Originally posted by Highball
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.:

This particular statement was addressed to the King; It also was a warning and a dagger aimed at the heart of any future government that sought tyranny.

The small minds attempting shrilly to discredit people demanding a return to the Constitution would have you believe we preach rebellion;

What we are preaching is preparing yourself and your loved ones for hard times coming down the road.
The steady erosion of Rights and freedoms is apparent to any willing to look for information outside government and big business offices.

Contrary to they shrill denials .the Constitution is going away, rapidly..and you in your lifetime are going to get the chance to defend that document, and the precious freedoms it enshrines...or submit as a slave.

The fact remains..July 16th is government freedom day..you ALREADY ARE A SLAVE...you just don't hear the clanking of the chain.

So that is your justification for anarchy? The Constitution is going away? So you feel that you are not encumbered by having to use it?

Horsefeathers.
The Constitution is still the law of the land.

If you're wrong, just admit it!

[;)]

Comments

• Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    So - again - you are saying the only reason for the 2nd is for hunting or personal protection?
    THE PEOPLE are the last check of balances and that duty is not to be given away or shouted down by those who believe the goverment should rule and regulate the only means available to keep our goverment in check.
    If you believe the only way to stop the power hungry political machine is to work with-in then you are a fool and naive. At least some people believe in freedom and feel that it is in our hands and hearts to protect it from those who would throw it away. At some point you have to quit throwing money at the problem and stand firm.
  • Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    The founders said to whip the goverments * if they get out of hand and start taking rights away. There is another uglier reason for the 2nd amendment.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    GEE Pee3 I don't see much support for you right about now.

Highball IS correct.

The Constitution IS going away. Law by law, election by election.

People SETTING on their hands, instead of demanding politicians FOLLOW the contract with the people.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The founders said to whip the goverments * if they get out of hand and start taking rights away.

Short, to the point, and 100% absolute truth. [;)]
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Between freedom or slavery... Well I'd die before being a slave...So if you want to call freedom anarchy... I choose freedom...In your language it's pronouns anarchy...Sorry bud
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    The founders said to whip the goverments * if they get out of hand and start taking rights away.

Short, to the point, and 100% absolute truth. [;)]

How can they take rights away? The founders made the Constitution so that it could be changed with 2/3 majority. If you're one of the dumb/* that plan on voting for Ron Paul, or worse, not voting, you have negated your voice.

That is not enough reason to trash the Constitution as your ilk would by revolt.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:How can they take rights away?
    ROTFLMAO.........
  • Options
    TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Land of the Free"....
    GONE just plain GONE...
  • Options
    edited November -1

Well, simply by PASSING laws contradicting the constitution.
    Simply by THROWING you in jail, for not following the law, EVEN IF it is against the constitution.

Just to reitterate, OBAMA 08 [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Well, simply by PASSING laws contradicting the constitution.
    Simply by THROWING you in jail, for not following the law, EVEN IF it is against the constitution.

Just to reitterate, OBAMA 08 [:D]

WHO IS PASSING THE LAWS? Is it the person YOU voted for? If not, why didn't your friends vote for the person YOU voted for?

You still come up lame like highhorse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How are we "trashing" the constitution by telling them to stop regulatiing firearms as written in the constitution - I missed that part.
    If you think your little name calling fit is going to change opinions - I hope that works for you in your local bars - its easy on here.
    Anyway - we have explained enough to these guys. Read your constitution and please tell me what the duty of the people is? You want to say voting, but that's not all. How are we to keep the rights given? Why are you given the right to arms?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlueTic
    Read your constitution and please tell me what the duty of the people is? You want to say voting, but that's not all. How are we to keep the rights given? Why are you given the right to arms?

We keep our rights be electing people (that can win) who value them as much as we do.
    The right to arms is for defense. Simple enough.
    Now I would suggest you do something you've never done. Read the whole Constitution through, even the "boring" parts. Don't just take for granted what you have been told it says.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bluetic;
    quote:Anyway - we have explained enough to these guys
    Don't make the mistake of thinking that there is any attempt to change the closed minds of the vocal adversary. They know what they know...and are not smart enough to care about what they don't know.

For instance, this statement;
    quote:The right to arms is for defense. Simple enoughThe logical next question is...Defense against what ? The answer to THAT question determines the extent of a persons knowledge about the Constitution.

Nosir, the value lies in the silent majority...the people reading that never reply. They are making decisions based on the validity of the arguments presented in places like this..and there will live, or die, this Republic.

Either the machine continues to grow like the cancer it is...or the PEOPLE get control of it.
    They cannot get control of it as long as they are uninformed about the extent of the departure from Constitutional principles the government has strayed.

Bless the terribly uninformed, abusive individuals that spew their nonsense...for without them, there would be no opportunity to point out the facts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball

Bless the terribly uninformed, abusive individuals that spew their nonsense...for without them, there would be no opportunity to point out the facts.

Very true and thanks for giving us the opportunity.[;)]
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One way to preserve your constitutional rights is to publicly exercise them especially the ones you believe are being infringed. A fellow here in Louisiana exercised his right to publicly open carry a handgun. They arrested him and he sued, they settled. That helped clear up the law, now we and better yet many law enforcement types know that it is legal here to wear a gun openly in most public places.

The Heller case in DC is another one. The courts would mostly like to do the right thing but they are still under some political pressure but not a lot because some judges are appointed for life.

Help the cause, pick your percieved infringement and make it public in an otherwise legal manner. If you are wise I believe you would get a lot of support.

Jawboneing about it here, especially they way you have been carrying on accomplishes nothing and does not make you many new converts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I leave it up to those silently reading to pass judgment on who is doing the better job of defending freedom and the Constitution.

As always..you opinion is meaningless to me.

This is about freedom..not personal animosity.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry - had to take my son to his house. Empty nesters here after 24 years[:D][:D]

quote:The right to arms is for defense. Simple enough.

No - not simple enough - defense against whom or what - finish the answer oh wise p3.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Read your constitution and please tell me what the duty of the people is? You want to say voting, but that's not all. How are we to keep the rights given? Why are you given the right to arms?

We keep our rights be electing people (that can win) who value them as much as we do.

I agree that is why I'm voting for Ron Paul. He is the only canidate that was running that supports our rights. That is exactly the same reason why he doesn't have a chance to win. He will support our rights even to his own destruction.

Mcain and Obama both preach about supporting rights and following our Constitution. Now take a step back and look at their actions in Congress. Amnesty, gun control, and the list goes on for the betterment of their own political career.

Just so you understand I'll say this in as plain English as I can. I don't give the least bit of care if you think I'm a dumb * for voting for who I think will support our rights and Constitution.

Now let me ask you a direct question. Do you think Mcain or Obama honestly respects and guards our rights including the 2nd Amendment? Don't muddy the question a simple yes or no will do.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Exactly kodiakk, what do you do when the people "who can win" have proven they don't care one wit about citizens "rights"? Answer, don't elect them. If you do, you deserve what you will get.

This has to be the most disgusting beginning to a thread I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. American? Geographically. Patriot? More like the anti-patriot. No wonder he has no problem voting for this trash, they think the same.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    originally posted by p3skyking:

How can they take rights away?

P3Skyking, it's actually quite a simple recipe:

1 part compromise
    1 part incrementalism
    1 part power-hungry government
    1 part apathetic american

Mix power-hungery government and incrementalism. Set aside, and allow to rise for several years.

Mix compromise and apathetic american(s). Set aside, and allow to fester for several years.

Combine both.

The founders made the Constitution so that it could be changed with 2/3 majority. If you're one of the dumb/* that plan on voting for Ron Paul McCain or Obama,or worse, not voting, you have negated your voice.

That is not enough reason to trash the Constitution as your ilk would by revoltallowing it's disentigration via compromise.

fixed it.[:(!]
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How can they take rights away? The founders made the Constitution so that it could be changed with 2/3 majority.

Wrong.
    I luv use guys, lecturing others about the constitution, when you have no understanding of it yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    How can they take rights away? The founders made the Constitution so that it could be changed with 2/3 majority.

Wrong.
    I luv use guys, lecturing others about the constitution, when you have no understanding of it yourself.

Show me where that's wrong. You're still an idiot that blows pipe Salblow.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Wrong.

Show me where that's wrong. You're still an idiot that blows pipe Salblow.

Article five of the constitution. Read it numb nuts. I could tell yu what it says, but I believe you might learn a thing or two reading it yourself.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Wrong.

salzo......[;)]
    I'll say it.

p-3, while your point is still valid (the constitution can be changed) It takes a bit more than just a two thirds majority.

Any change to the constitution is a TWO part process.
    First is the amendment "proposal" which has to be passed by a TWO THIRDS vote in both houses of Congress.
    THEN it has to be ratified, which consists of being approved by THREE FOURTHS of the state legislatures in THREE FOURTHS of the states. An amendment can be blocked by one fourth of the states plus one more.

The process to change the constitution was designed so that mob rule would not easily be able to set policy. There is a reason that only 17 amendments have been ratified since the constitution itself was ratified over 215 years ago. (Although it does apply, I didn't mention Congress convening a national convention, since it has never been used)

On another note.
    We are quickly loosing our rights, with bills that are being passed, such as; the UNpatriot Act, The John Warner Defense Authorization Act, the Military Commissions Act, etc. Arguably unconstitutional, and/or paving the way for martial law. Even the ACLU is suing Bush over a wiretapping law, they feel is unconstitutional.

When discussing our loss of constitutional rights, Bush's "signing statements" should be considered here. In a comprehensive report, a bipartisan 11-member panel of the American Bar Association said Mr. Bush was flouting the Constitution and undermining the rule of law.

Michael S. Greco, the president of the bar association, while discussing said report made the statement, he is a "threat to the Constitution and to the rule of law."

This is NOT a Bush bashing post. There were MANY unconstitutional laws passed before he came to office. Many OTHER presidents to place blame on. Bush is just the most recent, and the one that looks to be accelerating our loss of rights quicker than any other president in history.

We are loosing our rights MUCH faster than we can afford to. Consider the recent Heller decision handed down from the SCOTUS, the ruling stated that the law WAS unconstitutional. Not arguing the fine points of that decision, the point is how long it took to get that law ruled upon by the SCOTUS.

The system in place has NOT been working for decades. They can pass unconstitutional laws MUCH faster than we can have them struck down. At some point in time, even the most stubborn will have to admit that. Will it be in time........will a corrective action be taken......we shall see.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:No - not simple enough - defense against whom or what - finish the answer oh wise p3.

Waiting for an answer -
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So how was I wrong? It does take 2/3 of the Congress to approve a change. That's where it starts. It takes years sometimes for states to ratify it. In fact the ERA has never been ratified.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:No - not simple enough - defense against whom or what - finish the answer oh wise p3.

Waiting for an answer -

That is never stipulated by the Constitution. Probably anyone that attacked.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Waiting for an answer -

The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson

That's something to think on.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kodiakk

Waiting for an answer -

The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson

That's something to think on.

Sounds good, but from what I have seen, all the "patriots" actually and physically "do" is to constantly pound their computer keyboard into submission as they rant, rave and describe what they "will" do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So how was I wrong? It does take 2/3 of the Congress to approve a change.

PeePeeskyking ORIGINALLY wrote:

The founders DID NOT make the constitution so that it could be changed with a 2/3 majority. You can try and spin your INCORRECT statement anyway you wish, but that does not change the fact that you are WRONG. Not just a little wrong-COMPLETELY WRONG.
    2/3s of congress, or 2/3s of the states can PROPOSE an amendment, but there isnt 2/3s of anything that can change the constitution.
    Read article five, IN ITS ENTIRETY.
    It DOES NOT "take 2/3 of congress to approve a change". A 2/3 vote in congress IS NOT required for convention.
    Then again, maybe you are right-guess it all depends on what "is", is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    originally posted by trfox:

Sounds good, but from what I have seen, all the "patriots" actually and physically "do" is to constantly pound their computer keyboard into submission as they rant, rave and describe what they "will" do.

Originally posted by tr fox on 04/06/2008

It will be a cold day in hell before you see me reading or posting on the gun rights forum part of GB.com.
  • Options
    edited November -1

It will be a cold day in hell before you see me reading or posting on the gun rights forum part of GB.com.

Fortuntely, if I make a rule I can break that rule.
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    The 2nd Amendment is the enforcement/penalty clause of the Bill of Rights![8D] With out it all the other amendments are wortless. And to say it is about 'defence' is 100% correct!
    From what you ask?? From the one on one of the citizen aginst the criminal, the defence of ones family, home and community as was witnessed in the natural disaters and riots. And if it becomes necessary in defence of the Country from an organized force who threatens our Country. And lastly to protect our RIGHTS from those within our government if they become to powerful.
    History has proven time and time again, those who hold the arms hold the power. The unarmed are powerless!
    ALL REATIONSHIPS ARE BASED ON TRUST, OR THE LACK THERE OF, BAR NONE!![:)]
    Any government who can't trust their governed to be armed can't be trusted.
    Simple as dirt![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jim;
    Clearly, you understand the reason for the Second Amendment.

Why are you comfortable allowing those whom it was designed to control...regulate the means OF control ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Really TR?

WHY don't you come to MY neck of the woods during a training session.

There will be something pounded in the sand, but it WON'T be a keyboard.

Yeah, none of US are as BUSY AS YOU "doing something".
  • Options
    edited November -1

Really TR?

How about that. No surprise to me. Veiled threats coming from a "lawful" (for the present anyway, or as far as anyone knows to date)gun owner. Why am I not surprised?

I can clearly see why you don't want any rules governing firearm purchases. Reason being that with your combative attitude (threats over the internet no less. How low can that be?) at some point in your life you will probably become a convicted felon.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Really TR?

How about that. No surprise to me. Veiled threats coming from a "lawful" (for the present anyway, or as far as anyone knows to date)gun owner. Why am I not surprised?

I can clearly see why you don't want any rules governing firearm purchases. Reason being that with your combative attitude (threats over the internet no less. How low can that be?) at some point in your life you will probably become a convicted felon.

Larry are you dumb as a brick? Did you READ the sentence BEFORE the one you highlighted?

I make NO secrets of my involvement in the Militia.

It wasn't a threat. Quit being a twerp.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Fortuntely, if I make a rule I can break that rule.

I will patiently wait to see how long it takes, for the NEXT time you throw ANOTHER of your temper tantrums, when things are not going your way. How long it takes for you to make a BIG todo, announcing to everyone you are taking your ball, and going home, NEVER TO RETURN. Only to find, that when you get home, you have your ball, and NO ONE to play with. Waaaaaaaaaa

You can't seem to help yourself, you sneak a peek out the window and see that you did NOT have the only ball, someone else had another one. EVERYONE is having even MORE fun WITHOUT you, than when you were here. They don't have to listen to your same old drivel over and over and over and over and over and.....

But......you always come slithering back spewing your venom, as you have done time and time again, trying to stir the pot, with the same old rhetoric.
    SSD.....thread.

Maybe some day you REALLY WILL be a man of your word.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Really TR?

Threats? THREATS??? Where in his words do you see a threat? Veiled or otherwise? Reading comprehension problem? You were invited to a "training session" for REAL MEN. You know, the kind of men that actually WORK to be PROFICIENT at what they do. Men that take their beliefs to heart. And for this, you say that he will probably become a convicted felon???

Seriously trfox, you may need some professional help.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Really TR?

Larry are you dumb as a brick? Did you READ the sentence BEFORE the one you highlighted?

I make NO secrets of my involvement in the Militia.

It wasn't a threat. Quit being a twerp.

Cute. Then tell me exactly what it is that you are referring to as going to "pound into the sand?"