In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

To The Canary Hineys:

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
lt496, kimi, Don McManus, Marc1301, MT357, quackmajik, et al: Do you maintain these alter egos just to stir up stuff?

Generally, we don't allow people to have multiple accounts.

Thanks.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    lt496, kimi, Don McManus, Marc1301, MT357, quackmajik, et al: Do you maintain these alter egos just to stir up stuff?

Thanks.

nunn,

The "Order of The Brethren of The Canary *" was formed as a 'tongue-in-cheek' grouping in response to a certain frustrated posters comment about certain people being all talk and having nothing to back it up.

The Brethren took off from there and the main idea behind it, is for the Brethren to hold fast to and point out examples of the founding principals of individualism, without which America goes down the toilet.

The 'alter-ego' thing sprang up in direct, 'tongue-in-cheek' response to our adoption of the name "canary *". Although the names and the group were formed as a quasi-joke, the alter-ego's' are not designed to hide the identity of any member, nor to stir up any problems.

Nothing posted using our alternate "canary *" name is one bit different than that which is regularly posted under our regular screen names.

A roster is available, clearly identifying each 'canary *' and in fact, most of us have adopted our Brethren number, or identity, in our regular screen name sig-lines to further clarify and identify.

It seems that I remember a group called something akin to the "society of suave sophisticated smoking jacket club", being in existence previously. This is not an attempt to excuse any bad behavior on the part of the 'canary *' group David, but merely to illustrate that occasionally, like minded individuals band together for fun and other reasons.

The Brethren quite frankly, is fun for those of us involved, yet we have a serious mission underlaying the enjoyable nature of the 'canary * brethren', that being to band together to present the consistent message of adherence to the US Constitution and its Bill of Rights, personal liberty, limited government and the founding principals of individualism.

We contrast our postions against the insidious mindset and philosophy of Collectivism, which is steadily destroying the Republic.

Education is the goal, since without an understanding of and a clarification of these issues, most will never realize how the Republic was meant to be and how it can be saved, rather than slowly destroyed.

No deliberate attempt to stir up anything going on here David, just a group of "Brethren", formed to be an illustration of a group of freedom minded, liberty espousing individuals.
    edited November -1

Thanks.

Just FYI David, quackmajic and/or quickmajic will have to speak for him/herself.

He/she is not affiliated with the Brethren, nor would he/she be welcome, due to the collectivist ideals he/she seems to hold to.

The Brethren do not attempt to hide who they really are. There is no desire to, nor need.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Nunn:

lt496 has stated the situation precisely.

I think you will find that there is little stirring done while posting under the nom de plumes.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

Thanks.

nunn,

The "Order of The Brethren of The Canary *" was formed as a 'tongue-in-cheek' grouping in response to a certain frustrated posters comment about certain people being all talk and having nothing to back it up.

The Brethren took off from there and the main idea behind it, is for the Brethren to hold fast to and point out examples of the founding principals of individualism, without which America goes down the toilet.

The 'alter-ego' thing sprang up in direct, 'tongue-in-cheek' response to our adoption of the name "canary *". Although the names and the group were formed as a quasi-joke, the alter-ego's' are not designed to hide the identity of any member, nor to stir up any problems.

Nothing posted using our alternate "canary *" name is one bit different than that which is regularly posted under our regular screen names.

A roster is available, clearly identifying each 'canary *' and in fact, most of us have adopted our Brethren number, or identity, in our regular screen name sig-lines to further clarify and identify.

It seems that I remember a group called something akin to the "society of suave sophisticated smoking jacket club", being in existence previously. This is not an attempt to excuse any bad behavior on the part of the 'canary *' group David, but merely to illustrate that occasionally, like minded individuals band together for fun and other reasons.

The Brethren quite frankly, is fun for those of us involved, yet we have a serious mission underlaying the enjoyable nature of the 'canary * brethren', that being to band together to present the consistent message of adherence to the US Constitution and its Bill of Rights, personal liberty, limited government and the founding principals of individualism.

We contrast our postions against the insidious mindset and philosophy of Collectivism, which is steadily destroying the Republic.

Education is the goal, since without an understanding of and a clarification of these issues, most will never realize how the Republic was meant to be and how it can be saved, rather than slowly destroyed.

No deliberate attempt to stir up anything going on here David, just a group of "Brethren", formed to be an illustration of a group of freedom minded, liberty espousing individuals.

I believe, and hope, you are referring to me. But what a huge laugh it is for me to observe, and for you and yours to brag about, what you have "done" in response to my charge that all of you are all talk and no action.

Yes, look what your reaction was. You form a strictly online children's club who continue in your already established tradition of being Keyboard Kommandos. I.E. doing nothing but "talking" big, just like the loud and common barroom drunks.

As evidence of your childish need for attention, let me mention that your group could not be happy keeping your childish club strictly here in your club cave, but had to don your costumes and parade around the Politics Forum to be sure you got at least some attention.

In regards to your ignorant claim that there should be absolutely no gun control laws what-so-ever, I again ask the question of how, in your desire to follow "personal responsibility" how can you be sure you are not selling your unwanted firearm to a person with a long, violent criminal record unless there is some way for you to be told this?

Just how can you be sure? Simple and direct question. None of you need crank up your pre-programmed propaganda machine and start blattering about the constitution, or of having the potential victims all highly trained, armed and always on watch for people like that violent felon you might just have "legally" armed.

Just how can you be sure you are selling to a lawful citizen? Simple short question deserves a simple short answer.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr:

Is was in response to a post by tallcharlie in politics.

Carly Simon sang a song once......

Speaking for myself, tr, we disagree frequently, but I do believe that you are honest in your convictions, and sincere in your efforts.

Disagreeing in a confrontational manner is typically not my style, so I would only request that on this thread, you recuse yourself.

There are and will be ample threads through which we can explore the legitimate discussion regarding how much control we as a society will allow government to have over us. This is not one of those threads.

Thanks,

Don
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Just how can you be sure you are selling to a lawful citizen? Simple short question deserves a simple short answer.

You cant be. Just as you cant be sure that you are selling a baseball bat, knife, fertilizer, or a multiple of other items that can, and are often (some more so than guns), used to commit crimes.
    You have many times stated that you support background checks on firearms. Would you also support background checks on baseball bats, golf clubs, knives, fertilizer, etc? If not, care to explain why such items should not require a background check to purchase??
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also I am unaware of Kimi being a member.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    MT357: Do you maintain these alter egos just to stir up stuff?

Thanks.
    No sir, Mr. Nunn.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

I believe, and hope, you are referring to me.
    You think/hope it was something YOU said????

ROFLMAO

As much as you WANT to take credit.
    It had NOTHING to do with YOU.
    Get over yourself.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I am Canary * no. 1 ;
    I am Highball.

I stir up stuff WHEREVER I go. Just my kinder, gentler, nature.

The good Captain Lt496 has said it far better then I ;

It is your call, Peace Officer Nunn.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The brotherhood was formed because of a statement made by a moderator
    posting under another identity. (multiple accounts?)

Admittedly, he did come back and identify himself, and stated that it was caused by not being able to access his usual identity.

MANY people here have multiple accounts. Where in the rules does it say they can't?
    edited November -1
    quote:Just how can you be sure you are selling to a lawful citizen? Simple short question deserves a simple short answer.

Again you show your abject failure to grasp the following simple concept........

It ain't about the person, or the firearm, it is about behavior and actions of an individual, actually committed, e.g., the oft repeated commission of a "bad act".

This, rather than government deciding which of America's Citizens shall be debarred the use, possession and access to arms.

In a free society, it is the actions of an "individual" which are measured and if criminal, sanctioned.

Government simply has no constitutional authority, enumerated, specific, or delegated, to perform these issues of "regulation" and "prohibition".

As to your seeming wish that you were involved in the causation of the Brethren, well, this merely points to your lack of reading comprehension and your cognitive abilities.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't reckon you guys are doing any harm.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they are doing many some good by helping educate(in a civilized fashion)that the 2nd doesn't permit "regulation/control" on who or who shouldn't be allowed to excercise the right to bear arms.
    Many have been "groomed" by the propagandist media/government that the more regulation the better. Not only with our 2A rights but in every aspect of our lives. We are being herded into thinking we cann't think on our own.

I too was falling into this trap some time ago to the point I almost joined the NRA until I did some research of my own. The "without the NRA you would have no gun rights at all" propaganda is very powerfull but extremely misleading. I actually had the application filled out and ready to mail on the kitchen counter. Luckily it dawned on me why so much regulation/outright bans on firearms if the NRA is so great? Did my homework and found out the NRA was plea barganing with the lawmakers and actually helping write laws in favor of regulation/control.
    In the trash it went. I've never been a member of the NRA an never will be.

We need more independently thinking induviduals. However we also need to band together to let others know they're not alone. Group support is a powerfull thing but not to a "collectivist" extreme.

Just my 2c worth.
    edited November -1
    Impressive.

A tiny pebble, thrown in the pond....
  • Canary Ass no.10Canary Ass no.10 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't reckon you guys are doing any harm.
    thank you Sir..much appreciated..lets carry on Gents..no.10 [^]
    edited November -1
    I've got a few things going on, so I am going to let my post cook a little longer. But trust me, I will be back.
    edited November -1
    I've got a few things going on, so I am going to let my post cook a little longer. But trust me, I will be back.

OH THE SUSPENSE! [:I]
    edited November -1
    Yea,.......I just signed on, and I can hardly wait![xx(]
    edited November -1
    Well, I can at least take a second to throw this post at all of you. It ought to leave you simmering with anger (hehehehe) until I can come back and give you better.

All you guys in your Candy * club behavior as if you all were WWII combat vets who, together, fought like hell sometimes hand-to-hand and pounded American's enemies into submission.

But in reality, all any of you have ever visibly done here on GB.com is to have pounded your keyboard into submission.

Oh, yeah almost forgot one more thing you are good at. Operating as a gang, Attacking/Counter attacking a lone operator such as myself.
    edited November -1

Take your time Mr. Fox. I don't want you to miss out on some real life issues just to belittle the constitution.[;)]
    edited November -1
    TR,.......that is not true.
    I have been quite friendly towards you on general topics, and you also in return.

I just will never buy your constant willingness to compromise away our 2nd. Amendment rights further.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by trfox:

Well, I can at least take a second to throw this post at all of you. It ought to leave you simmering with anger (hehehehe) until I can come back and give you better.

All you guys in your Candy * club behavior as if you all were WWII combat vets who, together, fought like hell sometimes hand-to-hand and pounded American's enemies into submission.

But in reality, all any of you have ever visibly done here on GB.com is to have pounded your keyboard into submission.

Oh, yeah almost forgot one more thing you are good at. Operating as a gang, Attacking/Counter attacking a lone operator such as myself.

tr:

1) I consider anyone who disregards the Constitution as an enemy of America. What do you call them? Friend?

2) You are not a 'lone operator'. There are many other Collectivists on here to keep you company.
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tr Fox,,,,,,,In reply to your question regarding how do we know who we are selling our "unwanted gun" to. Well Americans were doing it for years before Sara Brady and your other heros were on the scene and it worked quite well. In fact up to about 25 years ago it was done all the time. I recall in "72" a friend of mine bought a 20 gauge coach gun for his dad for Christmas through Montgomery Wards. He was 13 at the time. That was common. What changed was societies reluctence to punish the criminal element. A mass murderer stands as much chance of dying of old age on death row than actually being put to death. That doeasn't help. And the way street gangs are delt with is rediculous. And useless. Your gun laws have stop nothing or help anything. In fact, they have contributed greatly to making matters worse. As for the politics room, It will be a cold day in hell before I enter that day care center again. I don't need to get attention from a bunch childish ill informed leftists maskerading as adults.
    edited November -1
    quote:But in reality, all any of you have ever visibly done here on GB.com is to have pounded your keyboard into submission.

What a load!

WHAT, exactly, have YOU done HERE Tr?

All you seem to manage is proping up YOUR opinion as fact.
    WE point people to the ACTUAL documents that are the founding CONTRACT of this country.

We attept to educate. You attempt to spread propoganda.

There is a stark difference.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MT357

Easy MT.

While Fox might side with them, he is not TOTALLY responsible. That is just a tad unfair.
    edited November -1
    Yep, reckon so.
    edited November -1
    You have come a LONG way from the firebreathing flamethrower you were just a few short months ago, No.7.

A thinking man is far more dangerous then one that merely reacts to stimulous.

Tr keeps niggling at us because he knows that he is wrong..and too proud to admit it. The conflict inside must be terrific.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I would not be part of such an emmaculate bunch of naive whimps club. Nor would those silly people out there who want to be a majik. The cannary bums are a silly, simple, and dumb bunch of gun waveing taser carrying sillybirds.
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Then Quickie I invite you to join your brethern in the day care center otherwise referred to as the Politics room. Have fun. :)
    edited November -1
    Though they can gramatify and pontificate and preen and blow, with some merrit, They are surely dowdows.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    hmmm, what is dowdow.[:p]

Perhaps you meant do-do?

We do not "gramatify". (Must be a Bushism)

You could say, "Though they are grammarians and........"
    edited November -1
    Did that make you feel better? [:(][:(]
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, take a day to go salmon fishing.......

Why is it that people have such a problem with people of a like mind forming something of a fraternity? Are we supposed to just keep our silence when the ideals we hold dear are shredded by those in political office, and aided and abetted by supposed supporters of the BOR?

I was right, you collectivists ARE just like the borg, getting your marching orders from the collective and trying to tear down what won't conform to your desires. All you little pebble throwers really crack me up. Petty, if you really think about it. What does our "little club" do that gets your undies in such a knot that you have hurl your verbal barbs our way? Is it because we tell like it is, and that others have seen the things we see? Is it just because we won't conform to your way of thinking? Gotta be someting, y'all keep coming back for more of TR's keyboard pounding - seems Mr. Fox's keyboard takes as much of a pounding as any of The Brethren's does.

Kinda funny how that works, innit?

OH and before I forget, Quick: I don't carry a taser and never will -when I carry I want something that will make sure the "bad guy" won't get up again [:D]
    edited November -1
    The "big BAD guy" you mean. Brainlessly staunch nutsoes such as your own brotherhood have been the enemies of freedom for a thousand years with your crotchy ignorance. I simply rectify your own stupidy with humble moderation.
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    The "big BAD guy" you mean. Brainlessly staunch nutsoes such as your own brotherhood have been the enemies of freedom for a thousand years with your crotchy ignorance. I simply rectify your own stupidy with humble moderation.

ooooooooook

Um, just one thing: how is wanting the government to stay within it's constitutional boundaries in diametric opposition to freedom? See, I thought if you got them to back off, you'd be MORE free. I just don't see how our position makes anyone less free.
    edited November -1
  • Canary ass no. 12Canary ass no. 12 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    I would not be part of such an emmaculate bunch of naive whimps club. Nor would those silly people out there who want to be a majik. The cannary bums are a silly, simple, and dumb bunch of gun waveing taser carrying sillybirds.

This sounds just like something my 7 year old nephew would say.......
    edited November -1
    He sounds envious to me....[;)]