In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

To The Canary Hineys:

Comments

• Options
    quackmajikquackmajik Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    The "big BAD guy" you mean. Brainlessly staunch nutsoes such as your own brotherhood have been the enemies of freedom for a thousand years with your crotchy ignorance. I simply rectify your own stupidy with humble moderation.
    these guys seem like straight shooters to me. you on the other hand look like you enjoy putting knee pads on. whats the gurgling sound?
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey quack you really have to create a 2nd name to agree with yourself?
    Pretty sad....[:(]
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I'm not a member (yet). I've never been much of a joiner. To quote one of my favorite comedians of all time, Groucho Marx: "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member."

But, trfox - it is not up to me (or anyone else) as a seller to try to prevent a crime by making a judgement of the character of whom I am selling to. Again, the founders meant for people of a free state to be allowed to make their choices and abide by the consequences of their actions, not be prevented from acting at all in the interest of protecting them from themselves.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Generally, we don't allow people to have multiple accounts.
    The brotherhood was formed because of a statement made by a moderator
    posting under another identity. (multiple accounts?)

Admittedly, he did come back and identify himself, and stated that it was caused by not being able to access his usual identity.

MANY people here have multiple accounts. Where in the rules does it say they can't?

I missed this Pick...who said what? I'm still trying to get caught up on all of this stuff.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Did that make you feel better?

Only as much as your statement made you feel better. It's a wash.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Rocklobster;

Nor am I a 'joiner'. I don't need the backslapping normally associated with `clubs'.

This is something far beyond that simple connotation.

Joining like-minded men in a shared association that reaches far back into the mists of time ..a time when strong men wrested control of their own destinies from the hands of a King.I find that to be appealing.

This group of men will stand back to back and take on all comers ..all the collectivists, sycophants, fellow travelers and cowards hiding behind official proclamations.and do it for the freedom of all.

The group is tongue-firmly-in-cheek ..yet serves a very real purpose;

Most of us are vilified on a daily basis by `friends', co-workers, bosses, The media, and government;
    This small group of men draw strength from knowing that there are INDEED, others out there that have cast off the deadening influence of the propaganda machines of the government, the NRA, the media, and big business.

I have been doing what I do for 40 years;
    I have never seen anything like it. I had a dream, you see, all those years.

My dream was that when it was time, damn good men would step forth and be counted. Perhaps that counting has begun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Rocklobster;

Nor am I a 'joiner'. I don't need the backslapping normally associated with `clubs'.

This is something far beyond that simple connotation.

Joining like-minded men in a shared association that reaches far back into the mists of time ..a time when strong men wrested control of their own destinies from the hands of a King.I find that to be appealing.

This group of men will stand back to back and take on all comers ..all the collectivists, sycophants, fellow travelers and cowards hiding behind official proclamations.and do it for the freedom of all.

The group is tongue-firmly-in-cheek ..yet serves a very real purpose;

Most of us are vilified on a daily basis by `friends', co-workers, bosses, The media, and government;
    This small group of men draw strength from knowing that there are INDEED, others out there that have cast off the deadening influence of the propaganda machines of the government, the NRA, the media, and big business.

I have been doing what I do for 40 years;
    I have never seen anything like it. I had a dream, you see, all those years.

My dream was that when it was time, damn good men would step forth and be counted. Perhaps that counting has begun.

+1

I'm not much on groups or clubs. I affirmed my nomination to publicly affiliate myself, and my views on the Constitution, with this fine group of men. I fully expect to see a day when many of us will be standing shoulder to shoulder... This group may serve a purpose of separating the wheat from the chaff...letting others know who can be counted on. I view it as more of a statement than anything else.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I certainly DON'T see the C.A.'s as a group of people to "gang" up on anyone. We allready express the views now as we did before.

Just we now, stand as a group of "brothers" opposing what we did before.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have come a LONG way from the firebreathing flamethrower you were just a few short months ago, No.7.

A thinking man is far more dangerous then one that merely reacts to stimulous.

Tr keeps niggling at us because he knows that he is wrong..and too proud to admit it. The conflict inside must be terrific.

My tolerance has gotton no better No. 1.
    I have however, stopped beating my head against the wall. Some people regurgitate the same puke over and over. After making MANY attempts, one has to stop wasting effort, and do something more productive.

One also has to see the big picture. OR as Beck says, "Step back and see the forest again."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    You have come a LONG way from the firebreathing flamethrower you were just a few short months ago, No.7.

A thinking man is far more dangerous then one that merely reacts to stimulous.

Tr keeps niggling at us because he knows that he is wrong..and too proud to admit it. The conflict inside must be terrific.

My tolerance has gotton no better No. 1.
    I have however, stopped beating my head against the wall. Some people regurgitate the same puke over and over. After making MANY attempts, one has to stop wasting effort, and do something more productive.

One also has to see the big picture. OR as Beck says, "Step back and see the forest again."

...casting one's pearls to the swine comes to mind...
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    OK, you guys are too far gone for me to try and save you. So I leaving (yeah, again) and hopefully won't be back (damn,the cheering is deafening). But before I go I want to get just a couple of things straight.

I have never wanted to see any firearm restrictions imposed upon the peaceful, lawful citizens. I however would like for there to be a way to determine who those citizens are.

I have always been in favor of at least trying to not make it purposely easy for a known violent criminal to go to the local hardware store and buy any firearm he wants. Maybe open the police criminal records too the general public so when you are selling a gun you can at least check and see if the potential buyer is an escaped convict or has a history of armed robberies. After all, our tax money pays to collect and maintain that criminal data-base so we should be able to access it for legitimate reasons such as not wanting to sell a firearm to a known criminal. At least make that criminal steal a firearm or have a crooked seller sell it to him. Anything to make it just a little bit harder for the criminals.

And time is usually the best teacher. So if your gang never gets their way, all this bickering and arguing will be a waste of time anyway. And if your gang DOES get its way, it won't take long for your new way to collaspe of it own weight. By that I mean that even you might start to dislike standing at the hardware store counter legally buying your firearm and notice that the town's bank robber is standing next to you (clerk doesn't know he is a known criminal) also "legally" buying a gun. When violent criminals start doing their crimes with their "legal" guns, even you might start to have second thoughts about what you have brought about. If not you, then other people who know you and whom's opinion you care about. Say you accidently sell a gun to a buyer with an extensive violent criminal history, buyer commits crime that somehow effects one of your loved one, and loved one comes to you and asks why you decided to sell a gun to a criminal.

Or, failing that, when we no longer have two classes of gun owners (the legal class and the illegal class) and the majority of the public who doesn't own guns starts to notice the situationn they might very well decide that if the law can't control the criminals purchase of guns then ALL gun purchases should be outlawed.

But time will tell if any of us are alive when that time comes.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox

Maybe open the police criminal records too the general public so when you are selling a gun you can at least check and see if the potential buyer is an escaped convict or has a history of armed robberies.

Good idea. Would you be in favor of requiring clerks to check those public police criminal records when selling cutlery(see if buyer has a record involving knives)Baseball bats (see if the buyer has a record of rioting, or mauling), how about cars (see if the buyer has a felony record involving automobiles), crow bars, bolt cutters, fertilizer, slim Jims, glass cutters, razor blades, etc, etc, etc...
    Sounds like you are onto something.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fox, you can either demand the justice system be fixed, or huddle in fear like you do.

Making laws for the law abiding, serves to do nothing to those whom DON'T follow the law. Your buying into the collectivist mindset.

Government NEEDS to make a scene about something to justify what they do. Stripping you of rights AND your wealth.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Track the criminals comes to mind for me,........or better yet eliminate them for offenses that are worthy.

Bye TR!.........Right, I give you a day or two at most until you can't stand it any longer.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I however would like for there to be a way to determine who those citizens are.

They are the ones born here, whose parents are citizens.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    quote:I however would like for there to be a way to determine who those citizens are.

They are the ones born here, whose parents are citizens.[:D]

OMG JP,......that would eliminate "squat and drop",....are you certain you stand by that?[:0][;)]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So I leaving (yeah, again) and hopefully won't be back

The rest is blah blah blah blah, SSD....thread.
    Notice THIS TIME he said......"hopefully"
    Unlike the last.........ahhhhh.......how many times has he SAID he was leaving.
    Before it was definitely PERMANENT, or at least,
    it would be a "cold day in hell" before he returned.
    Leaving himself an opening THIS TIME.
    When he comes back, he can say.......I ONLY said HOPEFULLY.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Track the criminals comes to mind for me,........or better yet eliminate them for offenses that are worthy.Absolutely. That's the way the founders intended it to be, not allowing killers to sit in air-conditioned cells, watching TV, smoking dope and working out on our tax dollars.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    My pure source of animosity is that the birdies seem to be a bunch of little birdies singing there own dullard feminine agenda. While my own group fights too do things these ice cream cats with feathers would fight agaianst.. Why? Because they are educated hypocrititical idiots. Because they want chaos. They are the embodiement of entropy, and it is against the law too destroy them. Though any man of lasting progress would naturally hate them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What?

QUIET!

I think I heard a troll.

Shhhhhhhhhh!

Just ignore it, it'll go away.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by quickmajik:

My pure source of animosity is that the birdies seem to be a bunch of little birdies singing there own dullard feminine agenda. While my own group fights too do things these ice cream cats with feathers would fight agaianst.. Why? Because they are educated hypocrititical idiots. Because they want chaos. They are the embodiement of entropy, and it is against the law too destroy them. Though any man of lasting progress would naturally hate them

Are you sure? Could it be that your animosity is caused by tension; tension stemming from the fact that you are appalled that this group has the 'stones' to accept the RTKBA for what it is, and you do not?
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    No that just brings me hope that you will choose to fight when I do and We wont be alone.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    My pure source of animosity is that the birdies seem to be a bunch of little birdies singing there own dullard feminine agenda. While my own group fights too do things these ice cream cats with feathers would fight agaianst.. Why? Because they are educated hypocrititical idiots. Because they want chaos. They are the embodiement of entropy, and it is against the law too destroy them. Though any man of lasting progress would naturally hate them.

High school only education here, which is all it took for me to really understand what the BOR and the Constitution really means!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248

High school only education here, which is all it took for me to really understand what the BOR and the Constitution really means!

The BOR is much, much shorter than most rental home lease contracts. Yet often times the landlord and tenent find themselves going to court to determine what one or more particular paragraphs/wordings in that lease REALLY mean.

Yet, some people here have decided that the short BOR means only what they think it means and dismiss arguments from other people who disagree with them.

Kinda reminds me of the extremist Muslims who have decided, based upon decisions by their religious leaders, that only those extremist Muslims know what their God wants or thinks or what the Koran really says or means. And if you disagree with them, they are ready to go to war with you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Told ya you would be back in only days![:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Told ya you would be back in only days![:D][:D]

Damn! I just can't "quit ya".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:And if you disagree with them, they are ready to go to war with you.
    If the slimy anti-gunners cannot leave their pus-soaked fingers off my Gun Rights;
    Then war is what they have wrought.

We 'disagree' about Fords/Chevys ..you are complicit in helping undermine the strongest leg supporting a free country.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:And if you disagree with them, they are ready to go to war with you.
    If the slimy anti-gunners cannot leave their pus-soaked fingers off my Gun Rights;
    Then war is what they have wrought.

We 'disagree' about Fords/Chevys ..you are complicit in helping undermine the strongest leg supporting a free country.

In red above.

Thank you for coming along so quickly and so perfectly illustrating my charge of extremist gun rights activists. Kinda like the Taliban and their religious extremist attitudes. Very, very similar if you bother to think about it and compare.

Of course, few, if any, here will do that thinking and comparing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Founders killed those coming to take their weapons.

Thank you for betraying those magnificent meanies with your weak-kneed, emotional pleas for 'reason'.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry once again TR,.......no comparison.

We have a founding document called the Constitution, and a BOR's.
    You seem to keep missing that second amendment issue somehow![xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1

As with ALL agreements and/or written documents, the is usually a need for clarification. But the meanies here as well as the Taliban all claim that ONLY their interpertation is the correct one.

Are all of you really unable to at least remotely see the comparsion between your extremist position and the extremist position of the Taliban?

NATURALLY on the one hand we are talking about gun rights and the BOR and on the other hand we are talking about Islam and the KOran. So with that already established, please answer with out trying to cloud the issue.

Thank you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Koran is a religious instrument, and also the Taliban is a "theocracy", or at least that is what they were.

We are a Constitutional Republic, with founding documents created to keep us free from the above example you use.

If YOU can't see the difference between religious fanatics, and the USA, then I feel sorry for you.

I will leave this for those with more patience than I to continue,...........sheesh you get tiring.
    You remind me of a gnat buzzing around my head.
  • Options
    edited November -1

As with ALL agreements and/or written documents, the is usually a need for clarification. But the meanies here as well as the Taliban all claim that ONLY their interpertation is the correct one.

Are all of you really unable to at least remotely see the comparsion between your extremist position and the extremist position of the Taliban?

NATURALLY on the one hand we are talking about gun rights and the BOR and on the other hand we are talking about Islam and the KOran. So with that already established, please answer with out trying to cloud the issue.

Thank you

Marc1301. In answer to your 9-24-08 5:47;48 post. Geesh! You remind me of someone who can't or won't read.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TR,..........you are the one that drew the conclusion, and called us the same as the Taliban.
    You asked why we couldn't see that comparison.

Maybe YOU need to learn how to phrase a question.

BTW,......our documents are quite clear, really not much need for "interpretation" per se.
    I know that is what you are really getting at.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TR,..........you are the one that drew the conclusion, and called us the same as the Taliban.
    You asked why we couldn't see that comparison.

Maybe YOU need to learn how to phrase a question.

Nope, for TR it is smokescreens and misdirection. He thinks he wins, although he is quite wrong.

He is attempting to justify HIS dirty hands, like ol' Jimmy boy.

BTW E-mail me if you would. Was going to call you tonight if you didn't have to work. Let me know.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    originally posted by trfox:

Marc1301. In answer to your 9-24-08 5:47;48 post. Geesh! You remind me of someone who can't or won't read.

Your statement to Marc is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Many of us, who have voiced our contempt for the NRA, have been attacked by you on numerous occasions, with statements like;

"All you keyboard kommandos do is sit on the sidelines."

"You do nothing for RTKBA."

"What RTKBA organizations do you belong to?"

Then, when we post who we belong to (GOA, JPFO, etc.), and describe what we do for RTKBA, you completely ignore it and continue with the same schit you always post.

Now tr, it seems you are the one who either can't or won't read.

How's that medicine taste?[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The difference between our stance, and the islamo-fascists is that the founding fathers left a plethora of written work behind detailing explicitly their stances on issues. All one has to do is read the works they left behind, particularly on 2A issues. Only a lawyer could find confusing phrase-ology in them. There is alot of different interpretations of religious doctrine becaue Deities don't exactly write these things themselves [;)] and it is human nature to twist things to their benefit. We may be "extreme" to some people because we hold steadfast to our belief in the principles this country was founded on.

Those in positions of power are afraid of those who do not willingly yoke and hobble themselves, who have the audacity to think for themselves. Our determination to be armed is a threat to their increased power, and they will use any means by which to deprive us of what the founders called "liberty teeth" so that we may not bite them when they come to take what does not belong to them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The direct comparison made by Fox is a terribly stark revealing of his mindset.

He is calling the Founding Fathers of this country `Taliban'...Those men said `No Compromise' to the King...
    Fox has progressed from spitting on the Founders to comparing them to Islamic Terrorists.

His statement says FAR more about him then about me or any others.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The direct comparison made by Fox is a terribly stark revealing of his mindset.

He is calling the Founding Fathers of this country `Taliban'...Those men said `No Compromise' to the King...
    Fox has progressed from spitting on the Founders to comparing them to Islamic Terrorists.

His statement says FAR more about him then about me or any others.

No, actually I can calling YOU Taliban. Your extreme exaggeration of what I said is a sign of your desperate attempt to make yourself look good. And your attempt is pathetic in that you are trying to say that any criticism of you is also a criticism of our founding fathers. An obvious sign of a sick mind.