In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GUNOWNERS THAT VOTE ??? HA ! Gimmee a break!

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
I was just reading "Lorus's" topic on how many of us vote. What a perfect example of the facts. That posting has been there a little over three weeks and a WHOPPING eight people say "I vote." Yea. Here are the facts and statistics that MATTER! There are now 90 million gunowners in America. In the last Presidential election, one we gunowners KNEW we had to win, just under 100 million people voted! Now let's see, if gunowners were NOT sitting on there FAT *, but instead had made there way to the election booth, that would mean that George Bush got 90 million votes and Karl Marx Gore only got 10 million votes, right????? WRONG !!!! They each got approx. 49 million votes, so, about half of all gun owners voted and this accounts for ALL of G.W.'s votes,and no one else voted for him, right? WRONG !! So can we even assume that 20% of G.W.'s total vote count was gunowners? Maybe but I doubt it. And that would still only be less than 10% of ALL gunowners who voted in this election, one we knew we had to win ??? This is pathetic !! And I've probably OVER esimated gunowners portion in the count but to do otherwise would be so dismall....well I don't even want to think about it. Every gunowner who reads this, but doesn't vote, here's my message to YOU! YOU are as WORTHLESS as any liberal, democrat, baby-killer. Liberals and their agenda are not our problem, YOU ARE THEEEEE PROBLEM !!!!! We SHOULD OWN every election !! In which case, liberals are no longer a problem. FIGURE IT OUT !!! I am pissed !!! GET OFF YOUR * AND VOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Every single problem people gripe about in these forums COULD BE FIXED and several more, at least in my opinion. Liberals are the CAUSE of all of our social ills. They help perpetuate them, and then campaign on them as if only "they" can fix all these problems. WE, that's right WE, can put these scumbags in the unemployment line where they belong, AND fix what's wrong with this country at once! THEY ARE what's wrong with this country. So do your conservative friend, neighbor, relative, person you don't even know, who doesn't even own a gun a favor, VOTE !!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    And don't "just" vote either. We are the single largest interest group there is !! The assault weapons ban is due to "sunset" in september. But the liberals don't just plan on extending it, they plan on expanding it! PHONE, WRITE, E-MAIL your representatives and this baby WILL sunset! GET INVOLVED !!!!! We can take this country back without having to use the 2nd for the actual reason it was intended. www.rmgo.org , www.gunowners.org for details,contacts. DO IT !!!!!!!!! 90 million of us! C'mon! That's like 900 million unarmed people. I think they will listen if we make it clear, WE WILL BE HEARD !! There's no excuse for this situation !!!!!! Rocky Mountain Gun Owners(rmgo) IS THE ONLY no compromise gun lobby in America. And they do NOT compromise !! others say it, only rmgo does it!
  • Options
    nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyone of us here need to email every Senator and Congressman about our concerns over the Right to Bear Arms.

We also need to vote and write articles to papers 'Letter to the Editor's' to get publicity.

I'm truly surprised 100 Million people voted in the last Presidential Election. I though it was 9 Million .
  • Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]I'm with you JP, But! I find it extremely difficult to believe 270 million people-135 million at voting age-the final count ended up (well! you could count them on one hand) and winds up in the winners brother's State, in which the winners brother is Governor? More importantly: Wasn't Lee Harvey Oswald a hellova shot? I wonder what would have happened if: John Hinkley had ran over Brady with an automobile? Would we all be walking today? (should we consider ourselves lucky?)
    What is the most dangerous feature on an assault weapon? I say it's the Bayonet Lug? What do you say?

Slick Willie and Dianne Feinstein stated: AR's and MAK's are weapons of WAR! Then why does so many Law Enforcement Officers and the BATF have them?

What happens if you give up "Rights" for "Security"? How many "Rights" will eventually be given up and how secure will we be?

Why is there a Mis-Conception about Law Enforcement Officers? There are approxmatly 23 different personallity traits to the Human Character; what makes us unique is the varied degrees of those traits. So! Do Law Enforcement Officers experience Greed, Lazyness, Hate, Love, Compassion, Loyalty, Avarice, are they beyond the Common Desires or Weaknesses? If so; just what in particular makes them this way? If not so; maybe they should not have assault weapons either?

"Go Tell The Spartans ~ We Have Done Our Duty"[V]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    jpwolf, Amen brother!

fc3000ae.jpg"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I DO vote. I also send nasty grams to whoever needs them sent. I also support several different pro-gun groups (many of which assist me with information as to who and what should be written). I also put my feedback into these groups. I write editorials (and respond to them). I am up on the soap box so much, perhaps I should run for office.... well, then again, I like what I do right now. I don't look for a bunch of people to put me in those positions, but if the day arrives, I'll do it, I guess.

Out of 90 million gun owners, most of them do not participate in the NRA, GOA, JPFO, or SAF, or any I may have missed, either. The NRA boasts only about 4 million members. You ban their guns, big deal. They do not understand the importance of firearms. For many of us, though, it is a big deal.

Funny thing is, the million idiot march doesn't even consist of much more than 2,000 members anymore. Apparently, there are people out there trying to use their clout to strong-arm the system and make votes irrelevant. It's an uphill battle.....

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Delta, you're missing my point(if gunowners had voted, there wouldn't have been any question in 2000, and if gunowners DO vote, there won't be ANY question in the future,talkin' LANDSLIDE baby!) But you bring into the discussion another critical statistic, 135 million people of voting age. Out of those, 90 million A R E G U N O W N E R S !!! WHY should any liberal BE elected in this country ???? I can't explain it. The obvious follow up question is, why are gunowners SO LAZY ?? WE ARE THEEEE MAJORITY.(the ONLY one, no one else can compare) So I can't explain that one either. I said before that we should OWN every election, and we should. What I should have said is we should OWN THIS COUNTRY. If you win the election, you win the war of ideas !!!!! Every politician should have to start their campaign with this question, "What do the gunowners say?" 90 out of 135 and a fair percentage more are conservative but do not own a gun. C'MON !!!! If and when gunowners DO their part, there will be no more liberal politicians !! Imagine that !
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know you do considerably more than most Gunny, but do you berate your fellow gunowner who does not vote ? He is our most serious problem. United we stand, divided we fall. Simple as that. We really don't need the NRA or GOA or anybody else, IF we VOTE. They are not a substitute for a vote but that's how LAZY people see them. "Well if I give the NRA 25 bucks I can keep my guns another year." HUGE misconception but a fact. VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE !!!!!It's the only way there is, and the only way we need.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I read you Loud and Clear, JP. Care to try another view point?

The Populations Centers are Neu York, Los Diablos, Big Chi, Di-trit, Baston. These are also the "Problem Centers" (we should have quarenteend them years ago). Their Liberal & Permissive Virus have spread to the "Common Sense" people (that's us). Now what do they suggest?? It's the Blame Game, Intellectuals refuse to take responsibility for their Actions (or In-Action).

I recall the History of Greece. Greece under Alexander, became the greatest power the world had known, her power ran all the way to India, Persia and Egypt, The Great Learning Center "Alexandria", brought knowledge and hope to the conquered people. (proving; Ignorance is not Bliss).
    Greece faltered under the Great Intellectuals (intellectuals are not necessarly Practicle). If it wasn't for the Spartans; Greece would have declined much sooner. While the Majority of Greeks were
    sitting on their duffs burning a toke and discussing their Portfolios
    [;)] the Spartans were becoming a minority (you can never have too many Spartans). Hola! The Great Greek Empire becomes = The Greco Roman Empire = eventually = The Roman Empire. The Roman Empire lasted for 800 years (there were few Woosys in the Early Roman Empire). So! enough of History.

I am not sure if Voting has the Power you Suggest JP. After all = If you can circumvent the Constitution; the Ballot Box would present little difficulty. Remember: The Spartans are quickly becomeing the Minority ~ Soon there will not be enough Spartans to cover ~ besides; We have already became a "Police State" (hasn't anyone noticed?).
    We live in a Country where ONLY Millionares can aspire to High Office, (haven't you noticed?) It's been too long since an Honest and Intelligent Poor Man has achieved recognition (unless he got his butt shot in some Monetarily Fruitfull Little War).[xx(]

Convince me JP, I really need (in a bad way) to believe in something again. (Or must we Awaken Woden & Thor in our Saxon Breast?)[:(!]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well Delta, I don't know if I can convince you of anything(but thanks for the opportunity) that can't be proven scientifically, but, the experiment to gain the proof would be getting EVERY gunowner to the polls EVERY elction. My theory is, a single minded group this large, coupled with the fact that we exercise the right that THEY fear the most, would have the desired result. The mere fact that we do exercise that, the most important of our rights(should've been the first ammendment)is all that's kept them in check up to this point.(the present situation would not be just mostly out of our control, it would be completely out of our control) With the addition of everybody who exercises that right becoming a voter, well, my belief is you would see a rapid and sweeping change in how this country operates, something more akin to "the olden days", when America didn't just talk about morals, they let their actions speak for them, and wasn't everybody better off? Let me tell you Delta, I had very little belief in the system as well, but when I did a little thinking about who CAN vote, and who IS voting, I realized, it's our own fault things are where they are, and it could and can, be different. It's shocking to me that something as easy as voting, is so hard for these people to do, ESPECIALLY when SO MUCH is a stake. EVERYTHING is at stake, and that's STILL not enough to motivate these guys into something that easy ???? Look, 90 million people with guns saying,"here's what I want." They will think,"Hmmmm, if we don't want the gravy train to dry up, better do what they say for now, we'll figure a way around it later." BUT, "later" will never come because the one thinking like that WILL BE UNEMPLOYED !!! If you and I can't get these people to realize this, we deserve to share in their fate !! But if we can, then as sure as the sun coming up in the morning, we will again be in control of this country, and the founders can again R.I.P. (one other thing, you say "intellectual", I say "liberal". Same thing, only different[:)])
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To all: The BIG question is; WHY AREN'T WE IN CONTROL, OR, WHY HAVEN"T WE BEEN BEEN IN CONTROL, OF THIS COUNTRY ? The answer is, we are not taking part in "The Great Experiment"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JP: I understand completely, but, my understanding of History says otherwise. Affluency and Permissiveness brought down most Great Societys. In the 40's and 50's we were not as permissive; we couldn't afford to be. It goes deep my friend ~ How many 16 year olds drive a New Automobile, have their own room (and allow no entrance, unless momma is there to clean), their $3500.oo stereo, complete with Sub-woofers in their vehicle (hitting about 200 Db, and impressing the world). Drugs permiate the Schools, Teen Suicide is at an all time high (that is , if they don't elect to kill their Teachers, Friends, or Parents). The Old Hay Field took much of the surplus energy, gave responsibility, and the Capacity to relate to the burdens Adults carry. The Youth of today see Parental Love as = How much the Nike's cost, they know most of us feel a responsibility to them, yet they feel little or none toward their benefactors, (the classic - "Looking the Gift Horse in the Mouth"). "WE" have sold the "New Generation" short because we could afford too, (and for lack of a better word; we called it Love)?

Now! Americans shrink the Dutys assigned us by the Founding Fathers, we fear our Government (and rightly so). But wasn't it US that watched their Sloth, Greed, Ambition, Sexual Excapades, Financal Maniptulations, (even too the Point of Sending our Youth off to a WAR, never intended to win)?

Let's look at the "FACTS" as we know them: National Guard shoots Protesters, ATF Kills a Man's Wife, Son, over sawing off two inches of steel, (a man that served His Country Honorably in the Special Forces). Small "Gun Shop" owner in Kern County, Calif, supposedly shot himself emed. after being served a warrant by the ATF, (trouble was, he had two more bullett holes in him). The List Gooooooes on.

I personally can't afford optmisim, God Bless those who can.

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm up on the soap box, and I don't back down from anything. Of course, I am the first one to rip into a gun owner that doesn't vote. And you want to kno sometng... here's what I hear more than anything.

"I only need my guns to hunt. Why do you feel it so important to own the weapons you perscribe?"

"If the government wants your guns, they'll just take'em. What are you gonna do about it?"

"That's what we have police for."

"I don't care about the Second Amendment until they infringe on my right (sic) to hunt."

"I don't want people running around with machine guns and bazookas."

"I would rather go fishing than vote."

"I trust myself with guns, it's everyone else I don't trust."

"....for the children."

"Second Amedment!?!? I don't even know what that is."

"You don't have the right to do anything with a gun besides hunt."

"I will just use a bow to hunt."

One of the other side's key weapons inthe fight to remove your rights is big media, and lies and misinformation that go hand in hand with that, and key words, emotional hot topics, buzzwords, and botched statistics to purposely achieve a desired result, as fraudulent as that may sound. Voting is NOT enough. You have to know what your voting for, and that is where the other groups come in. Them, and us, form a symbiotic circle for a common benefit. What is it going to hurt to have someone keeping you informed other than those who have malicious intent for you and people you should NOT trust with anything of yours???

Here's somethin else, jp. If you think voting is the ONLY tool, what about helping those you elect make decisions on the issues that come up for vote? A vote is a mere YES/NO to a candidate, not a declaration of everything you expect. They may be simply the lesser of two evils that need to be set right in other areas of interest, and that's where all the other things come into play.

I wish it was as easy as voting...

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Options
    edited November -1
    JP & Gunny: I really appreciate your view points, even tho one is a bit more optimistic than the other. Yet both of you are concerned (as well as many more in this forum). "We" are merely having a Helova time trying to figure out an angle of Attack. Can it be so difficult to Support or Promote Our Constitution & Liberty? When the Government says: "Trust us", I cannot help but think; "I may be stoopid, but I an't Crazy". I would reply, "Your Lordships, can you give me any reason to Trust you? Sirs/Madames; We have not found you to be TRUSTWORTHY. We have found you to be self edifying, self indulgent, self promoting, self regulating, the only thing we have not found you inclined to be is; Self Sustianing!" "If you find me in contempt; it is because I find you to be very comtemptable", "Now if you don't mind; Please find yourselves a Small Foreign Country to Harrass and Irritate, get out of our lives and stay out of our face". "Foretold is forewarned".[:(!] Dismissed.

"It is said: Men cannot be trusted to Govern themselves; Can they then be trusted with the Government of others, or have we found angels taking the form of Kings to Govern us?" "Let History answer this question!"

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If ever gun owner in the US voted and voted well there would be no AWB or worry about the 2nd Amd. The fact is people do not vote. And every vote does matter

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Delta, I totally agree with your historical account, And Gunny I agree with you that there is much more to it than "just" voting. But, we have to start somewhere, and that's the easiest place to try.90 million peoplecan't be ignored if they don't want to be.(especially if those 90 million are armed) Wasn't that the founders intent???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As always, Ronnie, that is uncontestable. I cannot add ordetract anything from it.

JP, we are definitely on the right page. You do have a good point.... we have no hope for anyone who is DEFINITELY going to vote his own way regardlss of our warnings. An once a law is on the books, its removal is nearly impossible. At that point, voting someone out makes no difference. We have to get it right the first time.

Here's what I don't understand. Dianne Swinestein is telling our President he is EXPECTED to reauthorize the AWB, that the voters are going tohold him to it. Why does this sloth think she knows a single thing about the GOP voters??? Did she vote for Bush?? I doubt it. So, therefore, why does he care what this piece of liberal crap thinks???

And let me reiterate one more goodie for good measure. Dianne Swinestein, in all her efforts to ban guns, is a CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT HOLDER. This goes to show just how much faith she has in the very laws she is insisting on. It also makes her a hypocrite (duh), and makes her stand out as an example of how much she cares about those who she represents, while at the same time is a shining example of "in your fsce" class-selection aristocracy.

So I go on the record for saying that anyone who voted fo her is a complete idiot. And I ain't apologizing to anyone I "offend" (insert gunphreak flipping the bird here).

"A fear of weapons is a sign of a retarded sexual and mental development." -Sigmund Freud

(Don't take my word for it.)

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    PRIME EXAMPLE #78: I personally; since 1988 have catered too our Local HomeTown Paper, (Through various advertisments, and on an Ongoing Basis). Our Local County Judge Exct. (near being a God as the real "GOD" will allow), can do no wrong; as far as the Paper is concerned. Bring them proof of his actions, still no investigations by the Local Press, yet this Gentleman ? Has an Open Forum in the Local Paper, and as for as I know = Has never paid the first dime toward the Publications Livelyhood?

PRIME EXAMPLE #13: One of the Greatest Lobbying Efforts in this country has been by the NRA = The NRA is the Voice of the People = The NRA has been condemed by the Liberals as being an enity of its own, somehow self sustaining without the support of
    "The People". (I know this goes against rational thinking)(Common Sense is not a Libral tool and serves not to propogate their Agenda).

PRIME EXAMPLE #1: (Remembering "Stormin Norman's" appraisal of Hussien)- Gloria Steinheim, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Rosie Oh! are neither students of History, Philosophy, or Psychology. (but are slightly brighter than those that voted them into office or bought their Manure). These ? Ladies are simply riding the prevailling Wind = I would caution them, least they reap the Whirlwind.[:(] These Ladies cannot foresee the results of their actions, nor do they wish too.

"Go tell the Spartans"

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    Now let's see, if gunowners were NOT sitting on there FAT *, but instead had made there way to the election booth, that would mean that George Bush got 90 million votes and Karl Marx Gore only got 10 million votes, right????? WRONG !!!! They each got approx. 49 million votes, so, about half of all gun owners voted and this accounts for ALL of G.W.'s votes,and no one else voted for him, right? WRONG !! So can we even assume that 20% of G.W.'s total vote count was gunowners? Maybe but I doubt it. And that would still only be less that 10% of ALL gunowners who voted in this election, one we knew we had to win ??? This is pathetic !! And I've probably OVER esimated gunowners portion in the count but to do otherwise would be so dismall....well I don't even want to think about it. Every gunowner who reads this, but doesn't vote, here's my message to YOU! YOU are as WORTHLESS as any liberal, democrat, baby-killer. Liberals and their agenda are not our problem, YOU ARE THEEEEE PROBLEM !!!!! We SHOULD OWN every election !! In which case, liberals are no longer a problem. Liberals are the CAUSE of all of our social ills. They help perpetuate them, and then campaign on them as if only "they" can fix all these problems. WE, that's right WE, can put these scumbags in the unemployment line where they belong, AND fix what's wrong with this country at once! THEY ARE what's wrong with this country. So do your conservative friend, neighbor, relative, person you don't even know, who doesn't even own a gun a favor, VOTE !!!!

It appears that you associate voting for Marxist George Bush with protecting gun rights. Not so. Bush like Gore, is a Marxist, and Bush, like Gore is an anti gunner. You also seem to have a problem with "the liberal agenda". If you have a problem with the liberal agenda, than why are you so adamant about voting for George Bush?

You are a contributor to the problems that you are griping about. You equate "liberalism" with Democrats, and "conservatism" with George Bush. You have this false notion that George Bush is a conservative, and are telling every one else to vote for Bush because he is a conservative, when the truth of the matter is, GW is as much a liberal skunk as the democrats.

"It is important, that the habits of thinking in a free country should inspire caution in those entrusted with its administration, to confine themselves within their constitutional spheres, avoiding in the exercise of the powers of one department to encroach upon another. The spirit of encroachment tends to consolidate the powers of all the departments into one, and thus to create, whatever the form of government, a real despotism.."
    -George Washington
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SALZO: Thank you for your observations about the presnt condition of our/their Government and The Quote by President Washington.
    When I read (Indepth) the Founding Fathers, I am totaly amazed by their Intellect and Wisdom, for they had a true understanding of "Governments Past" as well as the Susceptibilites and Foibles of Man. Lucky for us Washington was not an Ambitious Man, his ambition ran toward creating a Democratic Nation where none had existed before. I doubt the Politicians of today would feel comfortable in his or any of the Founding Fathers presence (assuming they would not resent the association).

"Democracy Is Not Self Sustaining"

~ LOCK & LOAD ~

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know, Salzo has a point. It was Bush that allowed the USA Gestapo Act, the Homeland Tyranny Act, and the Incumbent Protection Act, and he has said he "Supports the present ban". If he succeeds in doing all these things, (3 down, one to go) he has successfully wiped his * with ALL of the Bill of Rights. Every single Article

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Touche` Salzo, and, yes Gunny, we have much to consider about the present situation WE got OURSELVES into, such as having to vote for the lesser of two evils, as with almost every election, especially those at the federal level, but, would anybody care to speculate where our gun rights would be heading if led by Gore.(we can, if we CHOOSE to, get rid of the AWB with Bush, no possibility with Gore) Again my point is made from another point of view, if Gunowners would get OFF their LAZY *, we wouldn't be in this mess, would we? With 90 million votes at stake, either a legitamate third party would have emerged, or the existing "so-called" conservative party would care about what we want. Politics is supply and demand in reverse. Apparently, not enough demands were, or are, being made.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And Salzo, one more point, If someone is left of "You", that does not necessarily make them a "liberal".Everybody is left of "Me", but I don't consider everyone else to be liberals. People are either "more" or "less" liberal or "more" or "less" conservative than you, depending on what line you as an idividual happen to come down on. Al Gore is "more" liberal than George Bush or as it happens, George Bush is "more" conservative than Al Gore. I would hope we could agree on that. Personally, I am a two "major" issue voter, and whoever comes closest to being in agreement with me on those two issues, gets my vote. Those issues are, killing defenseless babies, and gun kontrol. Other issues matter as well, but those two matter most, to me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    [br Al Gore is "more" liberal than George Bush or as it happens, George Bush is "more" conservative than Al Gore. I would hope we could agree on that.

I cant speculate on whether or not Algore would have been more "liberal."

I define "liberal" as someone who believes power is better in the hands of the federal government, than in the hands of the people.

Rather than focus on George Bushs ENTIRE liberal agenda, lets focus on one issue. I know in the past when I provide a list of GWs liberal policies, the liberal issues do not get discussed, they are usually reduced to "well he is better than the other guy."

George Bush pushed for his "leave no child behind" act. George Bush increased the budget for the Department of Education by 20%. 20%!!! He also placed more power in the hands of the federal government when it comes to educating our children, requiring, among other things, federal testing of teachers and children.
    George Bush increased the scope of government in educating our children by requiring federal testing, and increased the budget of the Department of Education so much, it would make any liberal proud. Bill Clinton could not have done any better.
    I remember ten years ago so called conservatives were pushing to abolish the unconstitutional Department of education alltogether, and here is George Bush giving it more money/power than any democrat ever even attempted.
    Would the increase in Federal power and spending in this area have been worse if Algore was president? I dont think so.

"It is important, that the habits of thinking in a free country should inspire caution in those entrusted with its administration, to confine themselves within their constitutional spheres, avoiding in the exercise of the powers of one department to encroach upon another. The spirit of encroachment tends to consolidate the powers of all the departments into one, and thus to create, whatever the form of government, a real despotism.."
    -George Washington
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Things have made a turn for the worst.

DEMONkrat=Republikan, vote third party.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    You make an excellent point Salzo, one that I obviously cannot argue against. To be honest with you, I never in my wildest dreams would've expected the expansion of Federal powers that George has brought about even from a democrat. It is very scary indeed. It may already be too late. We will see.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes Gunny, third party would be the effective way to go, and with 90 million votes, we wouldn't need anyone else, but the problem is as it has always been, how to get those 90 million voters, TO VOTE. Judging from the response to this topic, there's only about seven of us who give a rat's behind, apparently.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dear Sirs: There is little hope of a third Party, the reason being = The two prevailing Parties will not allow a third, and will damn any attempt.

STOP: Think! Let's look at the situation from a realistic view point. Anyone Remember Ross PeeRow? I know everyone has their opinion about Ross, I for one; have found everything he said to be true or to become true. Ross was right when with IBM, Ross was Right when advising GMC, but because he sold his stock and left before the chit hit de Fan, they condemed him? Remember when Ross went to Vietnam? Remember when Ross retreated from Third Party because of the Threats? I also remember Ross saying: "You don't want this NAFDA deal, sure if it passes, I will make a Fortune off of it, but I am telling the American Public; You Had Better Stop This Puppy before it becomes a Rabid Wolf". This is just one example of an Intelligent and Wealthy Man cut to pieces by the Media (Larry King attacked Ross and Hugged Hillary). I don't believe I ever heard or read one thing the Gentleman did underhanded, (can't say that for Hillary), but look who aspired to High Office.
    This Third Party thing will never Fly, (I wish there was a chance, I really do), but in my humble opinion and limited knowledge of our system, (well; I'll let that speak for itself).

I watched the Peaceful March in Protest of the WTO, the Cameras were picking up the Looters on the street as they carried T.V.'s to large to get into the automobiles, Police paid them "Zero" attention; yet they frailed many of the Peaceful Marchers (many of them Women).

Wal_Mart is now the Largest Coropration in the World (Yet Produces NOTHING), (just happens to be from Arkansas) How long do you think we can buy Chinese (Most Favored Nation) and send Factories to Mexico? This mornings News Stated: "We now have the Highest defict in the History of this Nation." = "China plans to execute anyone passing the SARS Virus". "Iraq has horrible "Human Rights Violations?" (but they do have Oil).

Gentlemen; "We" are already on a "Watch List", and Possibly a "Hit List". Trust; our Determination and Resolve will be fully tested in the near Future. = Ron Brown & Tyson = What happend to Brown and who was appointed to his Office? Perhaps we need the "Park Police" to investigate? (they did such a fine job in Marcy Park).

We are up against a BEAR my friends, a stick will not suffice. "Reason" has been replaced by "SPIN", so rule Reason out.

"WE" are living in a "Chicken Sh-t World", and full of "Chicken Sh-t
    People".

I will finish with this: "If the Founding Fathers could put it all on the line to give me Freedom, could I do less to retain it?"
    I will always remain Loyal the "The Constitution of These United States". I will support the Principles which have afforded Our Liberty, and which made this Country Great. (with Life or Limb; I swear).

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They will not allow a third party, that is true, but they keep us going the wrong direction, and enough people figure it out, they'll be ousted. I figure it wll be when one of two things happen.

1. Second Amendment is abolished. This will lead to lots and lots of bloodshed on the geography of 90 million people against about 1 million. The idea of people coming for 220 million guns will frighten those they go to confiscate from. Most of them will not give their property up without a fight.... Including ME.

2. Soialist Insekurity runs out, leaving millions who depended on it suddenly with nothing, and many more millions who paid into it just plain screwed. A class of people will be created that have nothing to lose, and too old to care whether or not they live or die, and many others that are younger and very pissed off.... Including ME.

Both of FDR's gems are going to crumble. I hope I'm alive to see it, and look upon their Marxist faces as thy fail to triumph.

Camera.... $50.00
    A good length of rope.... $5.00
    The look on a dead tyrant's face as his pathetic corpse sways in the breeze, immortalized on film..... PRICELESS!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Gunny: I have a very high degree of respect for your opinion, but I believe you to be a little over optimistic about your fellow citizens.
    EXAMPLE: Every Saturday & Sunday, many would gather at "The Red Barn", set up their Guns, Knives, Etc. Mingled among the Gun Traders were other vendors; Women with Dolls, Guys with Coins and Various Antiques. > A Camera Crew came into the "Old Red Barn" to make a Commercial for the Owner. Channel 36 News on the side of their Van. (none of us knew it was a Commercial being made). No less than 20 people turned their back or headed out the door with their caps pulled down, leaving guns and all on the tables. I alone; Pointed to My Store Address on my Cap and beckoned the Camera Man to come take a close up,(Which he did). I guess what I am saying <My Friend> "Talk is Cheap", I find few (make that- Very Few), with the strengh of their Convictions. 80% of the American People are afraid of the Government - The other 20% work for the ^ Government. GUNNY: I find society much more Chicken Sh-t than you do, otherwise we are in total agreement. (^notice, I did not say, "Their Government"?)

"Democracy is not self sustaining"

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, Ronnie, we will definitely have our candy * out there, no question about that. And lots of them, no doubt.

..but the most dangerous person in the world is one tht can lose nothing more. That is why it is so imperative for them to remove our guns. If Sozialist Insekurity falls first, they're dead, and they know it.

Really really bad things are going to have to happen before this will occur, make no mistake about that. If SS falls, everything else will, too. The domino effect will get us all. Our economy will collapse, and there will be lots of feral humans wanting justice the way justice works best. Those who made it all so, will die, I have no doubt of that. History repeats itself; you of all of us should know that, Ronnie. But I'm with you... we'll all be up the creek at that point....

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    edited November -1
    Gunphreak-I like your style. Keep it up.

-George Washington
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SALZO: Again you have delivered us a Pearl, it would do well for The Feinstein's of this Country to read Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Paine, Adams, Hamilton, etc. And if their Hearts or Intellect can't comprehend, we will have to go through their *!

Greedy People of Power don't understand; Simply because they don't feel the need to understand. ERGO = "Why should I worry about Gun Laws? I helped write them, besides; I have been mandated by the people to do anything I want". "As long as you are making your payments, don't worry about it, we have assigned people to protect you."

My Old Daddy used to say: "There's a little too much, Hurray for ME and Too Hell with YOU in Politics". [:0]

"Those that will not Fight for Liberty, do not deserve Liberty = Those that do not deserve Liberty will be deprived of Their Liberty." Even the Simplist of minds can understand - So! Why does our Leadership choose to ignore these facts?

~LOCK & LOAD~

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The proof in what JPWolf is saying was the last election. How many liberal Democrats and squishy Republicans muted or tried to hide their anti-Second Amendment points of view? In my state of Missouri, Senator Jean Carnafraud tried to portray herself as pro-Second Amendment and pro-hunting. What a laugh! The point is, if even committed and strident anti-gun politicians are influenced so profoundly by the pro-Second Amendment voters that bothered to vote, imagine how things would change if the rest of us voted as well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, no doubt, a foundation must be established, or the rest will come tumbling down. And the house cannot be divided, or it will not stand.

...makes me wonder why it is a Constitutionalist Party doesn't make more ground than the * we have in the White House and other houses, now.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    There is one thing missing here. The majority of gun owners are hunters. Hunters need habitat for their prey. And just guess who it is that will provide that habitat. Not G.W. Bush. There fore the Democraps get the vast majority of the hunters vote I'm willing to wager.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone caught Sen. Robert Byrd's assumation of "Dubya's" hand picked Vice Prez's asscociation with Haliburtons Contract in Iraq?

The Contract was another "NOBIDDER" (that's kinda like a gift between friends). Cheney made 19.7 per year as CEO of Haliburton, (takes a pretty good man to give up that kind of GravyTrain, to do his duty as an American Citizen). Hummmm! Someone said "Power Corrupts - Absolute Power, Corrupts, Absolutly". Isn't that what its all about? = Money or Power, Money is Power?

We Citizens have a difficult time acknowledging; There are people on Planet Earth which have much larger requirements than "Normal" people. There are Psychological terms that express the short commings in these type people, it is obvious they are not the most stable people you have ever met.

Does anyone remember: Congress would have an underground "BombShelter", completely equipted th keep the "Big Wigs' safe for 50 years, or so (it's a half Life thing)? They even had the program to include young Federal Workers (Ladies) to be in the shelter also (so as to perpetuate the Species after the holocost). From seed of these Great men (whom they considered to be the Best Humanity had to offer). Like they were doing Humanity a Favor??? And just who the Hell told them they were worthy? Same as "I need and deserve protection - You don't".

Kentucky had the Lowest Voter Turnout for the primary in history, this past week. Why don't people go to the Polls? We went to the Polls with Dubya and look how things are going.[xx(]

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [^]

Death to Tyrants!!!

• Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Somehow I missed this one....mighty interesting readin,some REALLY ggod points and quotes...glad I found it.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    JPWolfe: I don't know where the h*ll you came from but STAY AROUND BROTHER! Because of the importance of our situation I am not going to worry about sounding like a "girly-man" when I say you come across as one smart, quick, agressive dude who not only knows the situation but has some great ideas on what to do about it. Thankfully you are on our side. You sound like you have what it takes to be a leader. PLEASE organize a group locally, give yourself some clout and power and the establishment will have to listen to you just as we have listened to you here. Otherwise you are basically wasting your energy.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    No one cares.........and voting between two theives makes no sense either....none of it makes sense and no one gives a rip...and won't bother until....